Butch Jones... How much longer

Of all the dumbasses on this site you very well be the dumbest. Negavol doesn't even begin to describe what you starting crap like this. You are wrong on so many levels I honestly don't know where to start. You are the worst kind of fan, and give us all a bad name. It's people like you that makes the rest of the nation say we have the worst fans. He has done an excellent job making up for two horrible hires. Recruiting is amazing and the youngest team in America plays it's ass off for him. Please find another team to root for like a Vandy where your perrinial dumbassness and negativity will have plenty of company!!!!

If I'm the dumbest fan you must be the most original. Lol. There 28 pages of ''you're dumb bla bla bla''. You sure added a lot to the conversation. Look Butch has recruited his ass off and I genuinely like the guy. But he is an absolutely terrible game manager. We never have a plan in place to exploit our opponents weaknesses. We just do these dump passes and jet sweeps. He doesn't get our best personell on the field (playing worley over Dobbs and Coleman over Any other dback). Hes also the most conservative coach we've ever had here. When you list to great coaches like saban speak they always talk about the importance of playing aggressively. We lost 2 incredibly winable games at home this year based on poor coaching. And those two games were the difference between a successful year and a poor in Imo.
You can go on thinking he's amazing if you want but in time you'll come to agree with me.

Last edited:
I hope I got this right, so let's see who our next coach will be.

Bob Stoops, I think he is happy at Oklahoma

Jon Gruden, No he is happy at ESPN and has turned us down before

Kyle Whittingham, No his wife is happy at Utah

Nick Saban, No we can't afford

Gus Malzahn, No he is happy at Auburn

Dan Mullen, No the Florida job would be better for him

Hugh Freeze, No he is all Mississippi and happy there

Steve Spurrier, No he is ready to retire

Mike Gundy, No he has already turned us down

Jim Mora, No he is happy out west

Doc Holliday, Probably to old

Now let's look at the real possibilities

Derek Dooley, He might come back for a big pay day

Phil Fulmer, He might but has been out of coaching to long

Will Muschamp, He probably would take this job just to get a head coach pay day rather than being a coordinator

Brady Hoke, I hear will be looking for another job soon

Derek Mason, I believe he would jump ship at Vanderbilt for this job

Watson Brown, He has the most losses of any coach but has SEC experience

So this is a sample of a scenario, I can see if we get rid of Butch

That's the list that Hart pursued/considered. There are many others he should have thought about. Briles at Baylor and Patterson at tcu should have been at the top of his list. I don't think either were ever considered. We also could have went the route of trying to hire an NFL coordinator. I think jack del Rio would make a great college coach. It really just makes me sick to think about some guy that never played or coached at a high level just being handed the entire future of ut football operations. Oh and by the way... Hes an absolute die hard Bammer. Both he and his wife went there. Wow

Butch will excel here and all of these absolute statements from Negavol ninnies will ring hollow. What proof do I have? The same amount you have for the opposite opinion...using "never" "can't" and "just doesn't" gives nothing to the discourse but an unreasonable bent...if we win, these posters' activity will barely register...this is all they have...arguing against anything positive...if we lose, they'll crap over the coaching search and every recruiting class and game that isn't a national playoff WIN...Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you're right but unfortunately all the evidence supports me right now. It's the win/loss record and it ain't good. You can say this is what he inherited bla bla bla. When Lil Kiffie came in we had experienced 2 losing seasons of the past 4 and our recruiting had went to hell in a hand basket. Yet we still went 7-5 that year. And that was against much better competition Imo. The sece is very weak right now. Whether you want to admit it or not Muschamp totally out coached Butch. And what does that say? He just got fired!

That's the list that Hart pursued/considered. There are many others he should have thought about. Briles at Baylor and Patterson at tcu should have been at the top of his list. I don't think either were ever considered. We also could have went the route of trying to hire an NFL coordinator. I think jack del Rio would make a great college coach. It really just makes me sick to think about some guy that never played or coached at a high level just being handed the entire future of ut football operations. Oh and by the way... Hes an absolute die hard Bammer. Both he and his wife went there. Wow

Wat da eff?

First- playcalling was MUCH more conservative with R. Sanders calling plays and Fulmer got the job based in part on the fan's ire over Majors' conservative offense. "Up the middle Johnny!" was painted on the rock after the So. Carolina loss, iirc. They were ready to replace him because of his lack of creativity. Games today have been exiting when we can get the QB time.

Second- The coaching search that landed us Jones was TWO years ago! We LUCKED out to get Jones, a coach on the rise, but do you seriously not remember how many coaches and coordinators were rumored to have turned us down?? And now you are pissed because we didn't bother to ask the defensive coordinator of a team that reached the super bowl last year if he wanted a shot at the job?

This job, whether a cynical few of you want to admit it or not, is not an easy one with instant gratification and success. Jones knew that and took the job. And he rolls up his sleeves and works every day of the year. That is your coach. Be thankful.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope you're right but unfortunately all the evidence supports me right now. It's the win/loss record and it ain't good. You can say this is what he inherited bla bla bla. When Lil Kiffie came in we had experienced 2 losing seasons of the past 4 and our recruiting had went to hell in a hand basket. Yet we still went 7-5 that year. And that was against much better competition Imo. The sece is very weak right now. Whether you want to admit it or not Muschamp totally out coached Butch. And what does that say? He just got fired!

Muschamp was fired because he was losing games like the Missouri fiasco with some of the best talent in the country on his bench.

Kiffin went 4-4 in the SEC that year
Had 2 first round draft picks on that team and a second round running back. Oh, and his team got TORCHED and blown out by an unranked Ole Miss team.

You revisionist

Muschamp was fired because he was losing games like the Missouri fiasco with some of the best talent in the country on his bench.

Kiffin went 4-4 in the SEC that year
Had 2 first round draft picks on that team and a second round running back. Oh, and his team got TORCHED and blown out by an unranked Ole Miss team.

You revisionist

You're just wrong here. That Kiffin team drilled uga and sc. And played national championship contenders Florida and bama to the wire. And as far as having 2 first rounders... We have Barnett, aj (who knows with the legal issues), vp, North, Hurd, Sutton, a couple of very good te's, maggitt... Point being I think this tea. Has more talent than that team. And say whatever you want but the fact that Muschamp out coached the hell out of Butch and yet is still getting fired is an absolute fact. Butch has thus far proven to be a great recruiter but a terrible coach. And we were lucky to get him? I think multiple services that ranked all the new sec coaches put us dead last. Freeze, bielema, Malone, and Stoops were all considered to be better hires than our bama loving ad made

Last edited:
You're just wrong here. That Kiffin team drilled uga and sc. And played national championship contenders Florida and bama to the wire. And as far as having 2 first rounders... We have Barnett, aj (who knows with the legal issues), vp, North, Hurd, Sutton, a couple of very good te's, maggitt... Point being I think this tea. Has more talent than that team. And say whatever you want but the fact that Muschamp out coached the hell out of Butch and yet is still getting fired is an absolute fact. Butch has thus far proven to be a great recruiter but a terrible coach. And we were lucky to get him? I think multiple services that ranked all the new sec coaches put us dead last. Freeze, bielema, Malone, and Stoops were all considered to be better hires than our bama loving ad made

Then go cheer for another team. We just whipped KY, Bielema just broke his own SEC winless streak and Malone isn't even a coach (j/k :) ). I remember hearing a few services say that we got the steal of the hiring season, too.

I'm not wrong about the record. That is objective fact. And both teams had low moments and high moments. Ole Miss was a disaster and they beat one ranked opponent.

AND those draft picks I mentioned were from that years draft. We have more talent now but it is young! Those guys you u used as examples are freshman and sophomores. Big differencev when you are taking about leadership and being able to execute a coaches game plan.

Finally, I wouldn't call a 10-9 victory "coaching the hell" out of anyone.

And why do you have something against our coaching staff because of where our athletic director and his wife went to school? Brought it up more than a couple of times.

Wierd

Last edited:
Then go cheer for another team. We just whipped KY, Bielema just broke his own SEC winless streak and Malone isn't even a coach (j/k :) ). I remember hearing a few services say that we got the steal of the hiring season, too.

I'm not wrong about the record. That is objective fact. And both teams had low moments and high moments. Ole Miss was a disaster and they beat one ranked opponent.

AND those draft picks I mentioned were from that years draft. We have more talent now but it is young! Those guys you u used as examples are freshman and sophomores. Big differencev when you are taking about leadership and being able to execute a coaches game plan.

Finally, I wouldn't call a 10-9 victory "coaching the hell" out of anyone.

Malzone was switched to Malone by Spellchecker. And nobody on earth called us hiring Butch a steal. And I said Muschamp out coached Butch and he did. He came into our house and the most electric atmosphere I can ever remember at Neyland and won because he had the courage to insert his young duel threat qb. Say what you want but Butch is too scared to make the type of moves necessary to win in this league. And by the way... Nobody in the entire sports world would say ut is in a better place than Arkansas right now. Like it or not

And why do you have something against our coaching staff because of where our athletic director and his wife went to school? Brought it up more than a couple of times.

Wierd

I have something against the coaching staff because they aren't good coaches. I have something against the ad because has has absolutely no business making these types of decisions. He should go back to bama where he really wants to be

Reactions: 2 people
I have something against the coaching staff because they aren't good coaches. I have something against the ad because has has absolutely no business making these types of decisions. He should go back to bama where he really wants to be

It's gonna be funny when you have to recant this just like you did with Dobbs

He and the coaches will be here for a long time. Will you stay a fan or leave.

Malzone was switched to Malone by Spellchecker. And nobody on earth called us hiring Butch a steal. And I said Muschamp out coached Butch and he did. He came into our house and the most electric atmosphere I can ever remember at Neyland and won because he had the courage to insert his young duel threat qb. Say what you want but Butch is too scared to make the type of moves necessary to win in this league. And by the way... Nobody in the entire sports world would say ut is in a better place than Arkansas right now. Like it or not

Malzone likes calzones? :)

I hope you leave too. Nothing more annoying than someone trying to tell someone not to be a fan over differing opinions.

No doubt. We're all fans here. If you post something unpopular everyone calls you an bandwagon fan. News flash... After all that tn has been through we have no band wagon fans. And I hope Butch succeeds, I'm just really dissapointed with his decision making and ability to manage the game

Hmmm....like the offensive line. Where every offensive play begins from and depends on!

We lost by two scores to florida, not exactly going the wire thing!

You point out all our stellar talent on offense, yeah their good, but you can't put any o-linemen in that group.

muschamp did not "coach the hell out of Butch", that is ridiculous! I could admit it if it were true. Worleys interceptions and fumbles had a huge part in us losing that game. He even had a fumble on our own 40 yard line.....that is what made it so easy for them to insert their dual-threat and he didn't have far to go to score.

IDK if we win that game with Dobbs! Maybe we do.

it's weird you have this man-hate on our AD!

Were you not the one that posted a "here to eat my crow re: Dobbs" thread? I'm pretty sure that was you.

No man. I've always felt like Dobbs was our best option. Especially considering the type offense we run. Hes the only one even close to duel threat we have

I hope I got this right, so let's see who our next coach will be.

Bob Stoops, I think he is happy at Oklahoma

Jon Gruden, No he is happy at ESPN and has turned us down before

Kyle Whittingham, No his wife is happy at Utah

Nick Saban, No we can't afford

Gus Malzahn, No he is happy at Auburn

Dan Mullen, No the Florida job would be better for him

Hugh Freeze, No he is all Mississippi and happy there

Steve Spurrier, No he is ready to retire

Mike Gundy, No he has already turned us down

Jim Mora, No he is happy out west

Doc Holliday, Probably to old

Now let's look at the real possibilities

Derek Dooley, He might come back for a big pay day

Phil Fulmer, He might but has been out of coaching to long

Will Muschamp, He probably would take this job just to get a head coach pay day rather than being a coordinator

Brady Hoke, I hear will be looking for another job soon

Derek Mason, I believe he would jump ship at Vanderbilt for this job

Watson Brown, He has the most losses of any coach but has SEC experience

So this is a sample of a scenario, I can see if we get rid of Butch

If our AD even looked at any of the choices, save Fulmer, in your "real possibilities" list, then our AD would be absolutely incompetent.

VN Store

Back