Butch Jones... How much longer

Another old timer....been following our team for over 50 years. Not sure yet about Butch, but, we absolutely must have a plan before we "jump ship". Gotta give him another year.

Reactions: 1 person
Once again a terrible decision at the end of a game Imo. We gave up a chance for the win in exchange for 15 yards of field position. It doesn't make sense. And don't tell me a blocked fg could go for a td. How often have you seen that happen at the end of a game

I don't know. You miss the field goal which is likely and you give Vandy the ball at roughly the 35 yard line and that makes the defense that much more difficult. That was the right decision imo but that is the gamble you take as a head coach. The head scratcher is the 8 straight qb draws, get another first down and the game is over.

This staff will never get Tennessee back to an elite level.8-4 9-3 at best. Thats with every position having 4 star and 5 star players. If you look at all the players on the field for Tennessee right now 80% are 4 star players.And we cant put Vandy away!

I don't agree with your thoughts, but even if they were/are true and 8-4/9-3 is this coaching staffs ceiling, it's still way better than what we have had recently.

Once again a terrible decision at the end of a game Imo. We gave up a chance for the win in exchange for 15 yards of field position. It doesn't make sense. And don't tell me a blocked fg could go for a td. How often have you seen that happen at the end of a game

:birgits_giggle: :birgits_giggle: :birgits_giggle: :birgits_giggle: :birgits_giggle: :birgits_giggle:

You are the most negative person on here...you can't even be happy with a win!

Why aren't you coaching if you know all the right moves?

I don't know. You miss the field goal which is likely and you give Vandy the ball at roughly the 35 yard line and that makes the defense that much more difficult. That was the right decision imo but that is the gamble you take as a head coach. The head scratcher is the 8 straight qb draws, get another first down and the game is over.

Point is you only give up 15 yards of field position. I'd gamble the 15 yards for the chance to win right there

:birgits_giggle: :birgits_giggle: :birgits_giggle: :birgits_giggle: :birgits_giggle: :birgits_giggle:

You are the most negative person on here...you can't even be happy with a win!

Why aren't you coaching if you know all the right moves?

Jeeze man. This is a place to post opinions. And I am happy we won. Just disagree with the decision there. Don't take a different opinion for your own personally

Jeeze man. This is a place to post opinions. And I am happy we won. Just disagree with the decision there. Don't take a different opinion for your own personally

J/K man....chill! But it was a bad move on Butch's side for not attempting the fg? Is that what you are saying?

Jones just sealed the deal on the next three years as he reached the milestone he laid out for the program for year two.

VN Store

Back