Jabari McGhee Update

I thought the last guy was running our program into the ground.....if I start to feel that way about CDT then I will want him gone as well....no coach is bigger then the program and our fans need to stop being so short sighted in our goals. There is no reason we cant aim big.

PREACH!!!!!:dance2:

Too early to tell imo, Mostella has disappointed at least to me, Baulkman has shown flashes but overall I expected a little more, Owens has provided next to nothing and he was the highest rated of our posts. Carmichael has also shown flashes but I honestly expected more with all the talk preseason, but maybe that's my fault, McGhee had been the most impressive but obviously the injury ruined that one. Chiles hasn't even been able to get on the court so I'm not sure you can really even give a grade on that one.

I don't think, and this is JMO, that any of his guys he's brought in would I say "oh, he's definitely got a future NBA guy there, what a find"...I think his system just allows guys that can play ball to move around, get comfortable, and when they are hot is able to find them.

We are going to lose our best player, and we lost a top 50 recruit in Woodson who was on the roster, going into next season we will have 2 top 150 players on the roster by my count, that would rank dead last in the SEC iirc.

Baulkman is playing through a shoulder injury and he probably would have had season ending surgery if the bench wasn't so depleted.

I think that Chiles' career ended due to an injury.

Mostella hasn't lived up to what he showed in the RTL, but his confidence seems to be there. He doesn't hesitate to jack up shots. I think that he is responding to coaching. He's not attempting the crazy, low percentage passes like he was a month ago. If he keeps working hard I think that he will be a special player.

When McGhee returns he MUST cut down on the fouling or he will not be effective.

I definitely feel that we consistently need to get top 25 classes to get the program where we need to be. Im willing to wait and see the progress he shows before I call for his firing.....Right now he is coaching better than I thought he would.....I am pleased with his first recruiting class, Im not happy with his second class so far but will critique further when it is finished and I see them on the court. His third class has a good player committed and I am confident it will be a top 25 class.
That's where the basis of my questioning the punishments come in to play, if the restrict him and make it harder to recruit the 2016 class, that becomes a concern imo.

I thought the last guy was running our program into the ground.....if I start to feel that way about CDT then I will want him gone as well....no coach is bigger then the program and our fans need to stop being so short sighted in our goals. There is no reason we cant aim big.

I agree, it's why I said I don't think it's as cut and dry that you keep him if he gets a 10-15 game suspension and recruiting restrictions.

That's where the basis of my questioning the punishments come in to play, if the restrict him and make it harder to recruit the 2016 class, that becomes a concern imo.

It depends on what those restrictions are.....I think he is going to be fine from all of this.....Im more worried about him screwing up again but hopefully he learned his lesson.

IMO, McGhee should be RS. Although I would love to see him back, it wouldn't be worth the risk for a few games considering he won't be 100% healthy this season. Carmichael is performing just as most of us said he would....like a true freshman. And we knew once we got into SEC play it was going to more difficult for him to compete. He's had his spurts and droughts. Lets hope he has more consistent spurts than droughts. He, McGhee, Owens and Reese are gong to be fun to watch in the paint. :clapping: Go Vols!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for your reply.

Any schedule for getting back to practice? It sure looks like we could use him, but he certainly needs to be healthy first.

Not that I know of. I think we can pretty much count him out for the season.

It would be a foolish move on Tyndall's part to bring Jabari back this season. Were not going to the NCAA this year win as many as we can let him come back next season with 4 years eligibility. I want him on the court as much as anybody, but even as much as he could help us now we will see a better player next season.

Reactions: 4 people
It would be a foolish move on Tyndall's part to bring Jabari back this season. Were not going to the NCAA this year win as many as we can let him come back next season with 4 years eligibility. I want him on the court as much as anybody, but even as much as he could help us now we will see a better player next season.

'Nuff said!! Lol! I can't express how anxious I am to see him back on the court in November! Until then, GO VOLS!!!

Agree. They are NIT Bound at best, save him for next year. It benefits him and the team

Agree. Might as well sacrifice being slightly more successful this year in exchange for having Jabari wearing the orange in 2018-19.

Reactions: 2 people
i think he is a great player and did somethings well but isnt talented enough to take the red shirt away. If he was avg 14pts 7rebs or was just a threat down low then he would but he isnt and thats why he sits and he redshirts.

i think he is a great player and did somethings well but isnt talented enough to take the red shirt away. If he was avg 14pts 7rebs or was just a threat down low then he would but he isnt and thats why he sits and he redshirts.

I think that it has more to do with where TN is in the post season and how many games remained when he was ready to play. IMO if TN was an NCAAT team and JMc was ready he'd be back today.

VN Store

Back