Recruiting Forum Football Talk XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. People just need to stay out of each other's business. Don't like American Sniper? Don't watch it.

Don't like gay marriage? Don't attend gay weddings.

Agreed...minding one's business goes a long way. I live by this: if you're nice to me, I'm nice to you. I don't care what color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or whatever else you are...be nice and we are cool.

Reactions: 9 people
ducreux_haters_gonna_hate.gif

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1426650330449.jpg
    FB_IMG_1426650330449.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1
Greatest play by a Vol you saw live. ..

Mine would have to be 85. Dale Jones' deflection/interception against Bama. My dad almost had to fight half of Alabama because I was giving them hell and screaming Rocky Top at the top of my lungs.

Whether people want to acknowledge it or not our country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles. Homosexuality is wrong according to those principles. To me that ends the argument. I understand most don't see it as that simple but I do.

Now back to Vol football!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1426315558694.jpg
    FB_IMG_1426315558694.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 220
Reactions: 1 person
Whether people want to acknowledge it or not our country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles. Homosexuality is wrong according to those principles. To me that ends the argument. I understand most don't see it as that simple but I do.

Now back to Vol football!

Good for you in your beliefs. But in this day and age 2 people in love, no matter the gender, let it be and to each their own. And I agree the football talk is much better..

But I sure wonder how you and volssams would react if the vols recruited an elite QB in the future who happened to be gay or came out as gay after he graduated. It would be crazy in this forum.

Reactions: 7 people
The thing is, Sparrow, those civil rights go both ways. Many people like to take a lot of that quote out of context, particularly the part about not establishing a national religion. That was not said to keep religion out of government or public view, but rather to insure that government could not infiltrate the church and use it for political purposes, thus corrupting it. James Madison, apart from being a founding father of our Constitution, spent a lifetime advocating for religious freedom and freedom of conscience.

I'm not here to argue what a bunch of white dudes talked about more than 200 years ago. I agree with the separation of church and state and the fact that all men are created equal.

You know what's NOT equal? The Vols. Because they're better than all the rest. GBO.

The end. :good!:

Reactions: 2 people
Being gay is cool and all but it's kind of annoying when they push so hard for special treatment and get offended at every single thing. Just like feminist.

Tennessee Football ‏@Vol_Football 6m6 minutes ago
JANCEK: I've seen guys make improvements, but as a unit we make too many mistakes.

Tennessee Football ‏@Vol_Football 4m4 minutes ago
JANCEK: I saw a lot of mistakes out of the first unit in the scrimmage. We gave up 11 explosive plays, it's hard to be successful doing that

Tennessee Football ‏@Vol_Football 2m2 minutes ago
JANCEK: We are a work in progress right now. We have guys in positions that require great communication and we're not getting that now

Tennessee Football ‏@Vol_Football 6m6 minutes ago
JANCEK: I've seen guys make improvements, but as a unit we make too many mistakes.

Tennessee Football ‏@Vol_Football 4m4 minutes ago
JANCEK: I saw a lot of mistakes out of the first unit in the scrimmage. We gave up 11 explosive plays, it's hard to be successful doing that

Tennessee Football ‏@Vol_Football 2m2 minutes ago
JANCEK: We are a work in progress right now. We have guys in positions that require great communication and we're not getting that now

But on the other hand. ..

We had 11 explosive plays on offense!

Reactions: 1 person
I would be curious to know whether or not Jesus would attend a gay wedding. I know what he wouldn't do is treat gay people as if they were worth less than anybody else. Jesus seemed more drawn to the outcasts of society in scripture. He washed a prostitutes feet when nobody else would give her the time of day. The group of people that he seemed to have no patience for were the Pharisees (the one's who thought they had everything already figured out).

I don't know what the right answer is to gay marriage or any other political hot topic in our society, but I do know that our God is all-powerful and uses prostitutes and broken things to bring more glory to Himself.

Go Vols

Reactions: 6 people
I agree with Walter and baby avi that it is wrong according to the Bible.

I also agree with Cat that it looks like a matter of time that it will be legal everywhere. When/if that does happen I hope that those who don't want to participate aren't forced to choose between violating their faith and morals or pay fines or be jailed etc. Obviously if your faith is genuine you choose the latter choice everytime and suffer the persecution. But in America you shouldn't be forced to choose like that....sigh

I also fear that it is a matter of time before churches are sued for not performing the ceremonies for gay weddings. As I posted earlier, progressives aren't satisfied with legalizing it. They want to force it on everyone. No matter if it violates your religion.

I was in Indianapolis last week and went to church up there on wed night and we had a class about the RFRA law and how Christians should view it. I asked the teacher afterwards if the same people who don't want to cater or provide flowers for gay weddings (which I also personally believe they shouldn't provide and I wouldn't provide it either), if they would also refuse to provide it for an adulterous wedding where someone didn't get divorced for a scriptural reason? Gotta be consistent.

That's very sad to know volssams. I guess you have your religious blinders on pretty tight. And the "Christian" thing to do is immediately judge the gays and look down on them.

Oh well, you have your beliefs and that's fine. I'm not gonna argue. This is supposed to be about football. I'll leave it at that. Regardless of what we all believe in, we all want the same thing and that's for the vols to win and win championships.. Sorry for throwing things off track here and there....

Rocky Top Insider ‏@rockytopinsider 2m2 minutes ago
DeBord said there's a gap between Kyler Kerbyson & Dontavius Blair at LT, but he likes the way Blair is working this spring.

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back