Recruiting Forum Football Talk XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to interrupt this religious/political debate for a VFL update.

Just ran into VFL Aubrayo Franklin's mom. He has retired from the NFL and has taken a job coaching with the 49ers. Some type of Defensive Coordinator assistant. You won't find a harder worker and a better guy than Bo. Good to see our former players, especially native East Tennesseans, doing well.

Reactions: 8 people
Sounds like we looked bad in practice today

It could be the coaches way of bringing this team back down to earth after tons of praise lately. They may have made things so difficult and fast that the team ends up making mistakes and then the coaches can scold them for it. They'll bring them back up.

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee Football ‏@Vol_Football 2m2 minutes ago
MAHONEY: Blair is not as consistent as he needs to be right now. He needs to focus on working to get better every day.

Tennessee Football ‏@Vol_Football 1m1 minute ago
MAHONEY: Blair has to be technically and fundamentally sound in everything he does.

I'm not calling him a flop or bust. Those comments by Mahoney stand out for me however. It sounds like Blair doesn't bring it everyday. If you want to be the man, you have to work harder than everyone else.

'Dobbs threw a perfect strike to Pig Howard running a slant route on fourth and six.'

Best thing I read from the RTI offense report. Are we actually going to see slants the season? Definitely hope so..

'Dobbs threw a perfect strike to Pig Howard running a slant route on fourth and six.'

Best thing I read from the RTI offense report. Are we actually going to see slants the season? Definitely hope so..

The slant was so, so under used last year

People are quick to condemn homosexuality and participate in adultery. As a completely unaffiliated bystander the hypocrisy and hyperbole on both sides is hilarious.

Both adultery and homosexuality are sins, and I agree 100% with what you are saying. FTR, I do not practice adultery (nor homosexuality, in case someone wants to make inference if I don't specifically state it).

Well you have your right to your opinion. And I'm fine with that. But I've seen a ton of effed up and confused children being raised by a man and woman. Some people are just not good at parenting. It's pretty simple as that..

Yes, you are correct.

It could be the coaches way of bringing this team back down to earth after tons of praise lately. They may have made things so difficult and fast that the team ends up making mistakes and then the coaches can scold them for it. They'll bring them back up.

It sounds that way to me. I mean we've heard tons of praise on both sides of the ball but especially on the defensive side with guys stepping up. Jancek getting irritated at the defense for giving up plays is a good thing right now, especially since we've seen some very positive surprises with the D despite all the injuries. That tells me he's expecting a lot from who he has on the field right now and isn't cutting them slack because they're missing a lot of guys. IOW, I think he feels they are good enough to be pushed even harder.

Or it could just be one 'meh' practice. Those happen as well. I just get the feeling we're pushing the team hard right now.

I agree with Walter and baby avi that it is wrong according to the Bible.

I also agree with Cat that it looks like a matter of time that it will be legal everywhere. When/if that does happen I hope that those who don't want to participate aren't forced to choose between violating their faith and morals or pay fines or be jailed etc. Obviously if your faith is genuine you choose the latter choice everytime and suffer the persecution. But in America you shouldn't be forced to choose like that....sigh

I also fear that it is a matter of time before churches are sued for not performing the ceremonies for gay weddings. As I posted earlier, progressives aren't satisfied with legalizing it. They want to force it on everyone. No matter if it violates your religion.

I was in Indianapolis last week and went to church up there on wed night and we had a class about the RFRA law and how Christians should view it. I asked the teacher afterwards if the same people who don't want to cater or provide flowers for gay weddings (which I also personally believe they shouldn't provide and I wouldn't provide it either), if they would also refuse to provide it for an adulterous wedding where someone didn't get divorced for a scriptural reason? Gotta be consistent.

Bingo! Well said, especially the last paragraph.

It sounds that way to me. I mean we've heard tons of praise on both sides of the ball but especially on the defensive side with guys stepping up. Jancek getting irritated at the defense for giving up plays is a good thing right now, especially since we've seen some very positive surprises with the D despite all the injuries. That tells me he's expecting a lot from who he has on the field right now and isn't cutting them slack because they're missing a lot of guys. IOW, I think he feels they are good enough to be pushed even harder.

Or it could just be one 'meh' practice. Those happen as well. I just get the feeling we're pushing the team hard right now.

Totally agree

Tennessee Football ‏@Vol_Football 6m6 minutes ago
JANCEK: I've seen guys make improvements, but as a unit we make too many mistakes.

Tennessee Football ‏@Vol_Football 4m4 minutes ago
JANCEK: I saw a lot of mistakes out of the first unit in the scrimmage. We gave up 11 explosive plays, it's hard to be successful doing that

Tennessee Football ‏@Vol_Football 2m2 minutes ago
JANCEK: We are a work in progress right now. We have guys in positions that require great communication and we're not getting that now

Thank God...FOOTBALL NEWS!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Catbone gon Catbone

tumblr_mnu1b3l2qP1sp9fcho1_500.gif

Jordan Spieth with 9 birds at Augusta! A round of 64 for the 21 year old.

Figured I would add the the off topic discussion.

I'm not calling him a flop or bust. Those comments by Mahoney stand out for me however. It sounds like Blair doesn't bring it everyday. If you want to be the man, you have to work harder than everyone else.

If you believe Larry and a few of the "insiders", it's more him being incapable of grasping the fundamentals of an starting tackle in the SEC rather than a lack of work ethic...

Jordan Spieth with 9 birds at Augusta! A round of 64 for the 21 year old.

Figured I would add the the off topic discussion.

But is he a lefty or a righty? I need to know this in order to know whether or not to praise him for godly hard work or call him just another member of the mamby-pamby entitled generation.

Seriously, that's pretty amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back