Game Thread Lady Vols Softball Women's College World Series

My understanding is that Arizona has a nepotism law that prevented him from having his sons on staff. He wanted to coach with family late in his career. Plus, I believe Auburn decided to invest in softball, and I think he still got paid more.

yeah I found an article

AUBURN, Alabama -- Clint Myers left one of the nation's premier softball programs, a possible preseason top 5 team and a sure thing to take over Auburn's rebuilding project for one simple reason
Auburn offered Myers something Arizona State couldn't match.
A chance to bring his family together as he heads into the twilight of his coaching career. Myers has two sons, Casey and Corey, who will both join his staff as assistants in some capacity. Corey is a coach for the Birmingham Thunderbolts, a travel ball club.
For the first time in a long time, Myers' whole family, from the top on down to his three grandchildren, will be in the same town.
"I'm a very family-oriented guy, and Auburn has given me an opportunity to bring my family together again," Myers said. "I have my sons working with me, to be maybe a mentor, help them get started in their college coaching careers, because they're great coaches."

Auburn hired Myers, 61, by signing him to a 5-year deal worth $180,000 per year, according to a source, although Myers' goal is to coach at least until 2020. He was paid $127,221 during the 2011-12 athletics year, according to the Arizona Republic.

Haha. I just read Coach Myers' lips after his team just hit into an unorthodox double play. Then ESPN replayed him as they were going to commercial.

Haha. I just read Coach Myers' lips after his team just hit into an unorthodox double play. Then ESPN replayed him as they were going to commercial.

yeah the girl they brought into pinch run made a bad base running error

As much as I dislike Auburn I wish they would dispatch UCLA and the PAC-12. Auburn isn't going to win the WCWS anyway and I want the PAC-12 gone.

Somewhere in this thread or another somebody referenced the LV's as being a dumb team. Well, Auburn has made a ton of dumb mistakes tonight, especially on the base paths. If Auburn had a top-flight pitcher, they could easily win the series.

LSU-Alabama going to go into the wee hours. Heading to the tenth inning of the Auburn-UCLA game.

As much as I dislike Auburn I wish they would dispatch UCLA and the PAC-12. Auburn isn't going to win the WCWS anyway and I want the PAC-12 gone.

they would be 1-4 with the only win being against each other...SEC has taken over as the dominant softball conference

never thought I would root for the gators but I hope they crush auburn tomorrow. tired of seeing them walk in winning runs.

Reactions: 3 people
didn't realize Littlejohn was just a Soph...Bama should be set at pitcher for the next two years

Florida looked a bit sluggish today. Haeger was not very sharp but early I think she struggled to find the umpire's strike zone. Auburn I think benefited from playing more games in the WCWS. I am surprised Florida couldn't hit Lexi Davis any better than they did.

Anyway, Florida to the championship series and bye-bye Auburn.

Florida looked a bit sluggish today. Haeger was not very sharp but early I think she struggled to find the umpire's strike zone. Auburn I think benefited from playing more games in the WCWS. I am surprised Florida couldn't hit Lexi Davis any better than they did.

Anyway, Florida to the championship series and bye-bye Auburn.

Michigan will beat them.

I called it. Florida and Michigan. Michigan looks like they have the better team but Florida the better pitching and coaching. Should be a doozy.

Florida is 58-6
Michigan is 59-6

Two of Michigan's losses were against Florida.

Florida has lost twice since April 1. Michigan hasn't lost since April 3.

Florida lost 2 of 3 to LSU during the year. Michigan hasn't lost 2 of 3 to anyone all season.

Last edited:
I got no love for Florida and I got no love for Michigan. But there are a lot of people that want to see the SEC stumble so I would just as soon see Florida win another.

Reactions: 3 people
Florida is 58-6
Michigan is 59-6

Two of Michigan's losses were against Florida.

Florida has lost twice since April 1. Michigan hasn't lost since April 3.

Florida lost 2 of 3 to LSU during the year. Michigan hasn't lost 2 of 3 to anyone all season.

Is losing 1 of 1 and then losing 1 of 1 again the same, better, or worse, than losing 2 of 3? :confused:

VN Store

Back