Game Thread Lady Vols Softball Women's College World Series

Sure wish LSU had won, wanted an all SEC..

Michigan is a strong team. They return every starter next season except their catcher. Next season is going to be one helluva softball season nationwide. This sport has exploded nationally with hundreds of really good players pouring out of the high schools and club circuits into the colleges.

Re Michigan against Florida - Florida has a senior pitcher and better defense. But Michigan's hitting is awesome. Neither team was much challenged all season, but Florida plays in the better conference. Should be a good series.

Is losing 1 of 1 and then losing 1 of 1 again the same, better, or worse, than losing 2 of 3? :confused:

Don't know.

1 game was played in Tampa as part of some round robin tournament. The other game was in California in a similar type of tournament.

I want the SEC to win but I do like that Michigan coach. I can see why the players want to player for her.

I can't never bring myself to pull for Alabama or Florida to win a national championship. SEC or not. That's just plain wrong. SEC softball is already in good hands, and well positioned to dominate the college scene for yrs to come. The table has already turned. Michigan winning it all won't change that fact one iota. It's just one great program in midwest. Go Blue! All the way!!

I'm really for no particular team, just enjoying the good games.....We gain nothing if an SEC team wins, other than pride in the south.

Our team never pulled out of their tail spin from the 7th inning collapse of the SEC championship game with Auburn...

No matter who wins, it will be a lot of fun to watch. The "Gator Chomp" folks and the "Pizza Makers" will be going full tilt.

Reactions: 1 person
Florida wins game one 3-2. Gutsy call by Florida coach Walton to not throw Haeger and instead go with the freshman pitcher Ocasio and sophomore reliever Gourley. Gourley especially looked like she was going to lose it in the 7th but she hung on for the last out. Michigan strands two runners on the final out. Michigan's Romero froze at third on out number two on a grounder to short that I don't think the Florida SS had any way of getting a throw off to home. She barely was able to glove the ball and step on 2B for the second out. Haeger with a HR and all three Florida RBI's.

My sense is even though Michigan never led, they probably feel like they let one get away with how the game ended.

We'll see what happens tomorrow. Florida up 1-0.

will the last team to beat this Gators team be wearing LADY VOL orange? stay tuned, peeps

Florida shut out for the first time this year. Michigan forces game 3. They haven't been able to hit Haylie Wagner at all.

I'm really for no particular team, just enjoying the good games.....We gain nothing if an SEC team wins, other than pride in the south.

Our team never pulled out of their tail spin from the 7th inning collapse of the SEC championship game with Auburn...

No matter who wins, it will be a lot of fun to watch. The "Gator Chomp" folks and the "Pizza Makers" will be going full tilt.

I think it helps a lot,a player will look at how well the conference is doing overall and wining the National Championship has to help in recruiting for the SEC

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back