Game Thread Lady Vols Softball Women's College World Series

Well, we'll have to wait for next year because we are going home to K-Town.....Thanks Lady Vols for a great season. You've done really well this year.

Reactions: 3 people
that's rough--end of season. Team was just not in good shape coming into this tourney. Pitching a mess, hitting a mess. Hit the ball better today--except when we really needed to. Left too many on base. Aldrete strikes out on 3 pitches when she is the tying run. Hate being the first team out...ugh.

It will be interesting to see what happens with this roster with the new incoming class. Seems to me like there will have to be some turnover.

Reactions: 1 person
A couple of what appeared to be coaching mistakes in this game didn't help, but in the end they just hit into too many untimely double plays and the other teams had a few pretty lucky seeing-eye hits. If the Lady Vols tighten up their fielding and their coaching a bit, they should come back strong next year.

I feel like we played above and beyond to make the trip to Oklahoma. No we are not ready to play at an elite level consistently but the girls should be proud for getting there.

Reactions: 1 person
A couple of what appeared to be coaching mistakes in this game didn't help, but in the end they just hit into too many untimely double plays and the other teams had a few pretty lucky seeing-eye hits. If the Lady Vols tighten up their fielding and their coaching a bit, they should come back strong next year.

Coaching is what got them to OKC....the best pitcher hurt her hip again and fought through it to try and help the team...Annie has been hurt for weeks/months but fought through it to help the team...next years team will be very deep and talented...GO LADY VOLS!!

Reactions: 4 people
College sports are hugely influenced by momentum. I thought the Lady Vols had it going until they were screwed on the double play ball at first when clearly she was safe. Never could get that MO back. Characteristic of a young team maybe?

Thank you Lady Vols for a great season, Enjoy watching y'all play, just one bad inning or y'all would still be playing. THANKS

Reactions: 2 people
it was a pretty good year for the Lady Vols Softball team

I hated the the way it ended in the WCWS to many errors and some poor defensive plays cost them quiet a few runs

pitching was ok,the defense didn't help them out often enough and left the bases loaded with out scoring runs way to often

but it was a good year for a young and talented team

Wow UCLA scored 5 in the top of the 3rd and Auburn rebounded with 6 in the bottom of the inning

Why did he leave ASU? he was very successful and went to school there..you would have thought he would have retired there also

My understanding is that Arizona has a nepotism law that prevented him from having his sons on staff. He wanted to coach with family late in his career. Plus, I believe Auburn decided to invest in softball, and I think he still got paid more.

VN Store

Back