8/25 Practice?

Finger deserves a raise for his work on VN

I'll donate to the cause!
atta%20boy%20card.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
I think there is a very good chance that we have two NFL CBs on this team..Moseley and Sutton..and to think neither one of them was that highly thought of out of HS, I think Sutton was a 3 star and Moseley was a 2 star
Martin will be in the NFL on length and athleticism alone

Martin will be in the NFL on length and athleticism alone

Extremely unfortunate both he and Gaulden got hurt. Martin missed a lot of valuable reps and Gaulden being put for the year may be the difference in the OU game.

Genius... I love that CRM is the player delivering the message to the team - he's living proof that it works..

We just have to hope that these freshman coming in will bury their ego, and accept their role on the team as a special teams player.

I'm going to predict that Austin Smith will be a big player for us on Special Teams. That dude is a beast!

And Butcher. I see that dude nailing some 170lb returner.

"There is a lot with continuity, but the big thing is competitive. All the individuals along our OL have done a good job." - Coach Jones

The right fit along the offensive line may be different from game to game according to Coach Jones

I think this is coach speak to give Kendrick and Weisman some generic praise

I agree. Weren't these two reported to be unhappy with their situation? Weisman ran some with the first team today after being out a few days..

I think Butch did this to keep some happy. Jmo

Reactions: 1 person
No continuity on the o line is never a good thing. That right there is a huge problem. We will see soon enough but I'm not real thrilled that with a game in less than two weeks we are shuffling guys around.

No continuity on the o line is never a good thing. That right there is a huge problem. We will see soon enough but I'm not real thrilled that with a game in less than two weeks we are shuffling guys around.

its like what they say with QBs..if you have 2 then you don't have 1..yeah its concerning but I'm more optimistic that this line will be better than last year

A little worried that Butch is saying they are going to need to lean on the freshman class heavily again and that just about everyone in that class will play.... Hopefully outside the obvious guys like K-Mac, Tuttle, Kirkland, and Philips, he means special teams work. I am very excited to see Jennings doing so well so fast, but he should be a backup and not pushing for a starter spot with the talent we supposedly already have at WR.... Malone and Croom need to flat step up this season-- I know they've been dinged up along with North, but this should be their year to shine. Then there's the whole P-Willy situation... At the end of the day, glad we have the depth finally to move guys around and not have a talent drop off like we've seen in the past 3 yrs.

A little worried that Butch is saying they are going to need to lean on the freshman class heavily again and that just about everyone in that class will play.... Hopefully outside the obvious guys like K-Mac, Tuttle, Kirkland, and Philips, he means special teams work. I am very excited to see Jennings doing so well so fast, but he should be a backup and not pushing for a starter spot with the talent we supposedly already have at WR.... Malone and Croom need to flat step up this season-- I know they've been dinged up along with North, but this should be their year to shine. Then there's the whole P-Willy situation... At the end of the day, glad we have the depth finally to move guys around and not have a talent drop off like we've seen in the past 3 yrs.

I think you hit it but Fr will also see some back up work at other positions. At least a couple of the first back ups on the OL will be Fr. One or both of the Fr at RB could play. You have to figure that Kirkland gets time at MLB. Abernathy will play.

Dormady as the back up QB will play.

As for Jennings, it appears that he is pushing his way into the rotation simply because he's that good. You have guys at WR that have played and played well at the SEC level... so it isn't bad news at all that you have Jennings catching up to them so quickly and using superior athletic ability to make himself a weapon.

Yeah, that's a major concern. You would think they would have the starting 5 in place and be working on game prep for BG by now.

Anyone see anything on Perry hurting his knee? I thought he would likely redshirt but still hoping it isn't serious.

There's times when an imperfect decision is much better than a delayed decision. IIRC, this is a replay of last fall. They kept trying different guys at different positions even going into the season. CBJ finally put his foot down and said "this is the starting 5". It may or may not have been the right 5 but it was the right way to deal with the indecision.... had it been done a week or two before the season started.

Hopefully, he will force a decision now even if it involves a rotation. Even if there are 6 or 7 guys involved, they can develop some continuity if they sub in the same position normally.

North's knee is a concern IMO. Seeing him in that video makes me feel like it wouldnt take much for it turn into a something more serious. I have a feeling that there is more to this than what is being reported.

North's knee is a concern IMO. Seeing him in that video makes me feel like it wouldnt take much for it turn into a something more serious. I have a feeling that there is more to this than what is being reported.

You have a vivid imagination to think you can "see" something from a very brief video that leads to that conclusion. Maybe he has a lingering problem.... but I doubt a trained doctor would suggest a serious issue based on a few seconds of practice video.

Reactions: 2 people
You have a vivid imagination to think you can "see" something from a very brief video that leads to that conclusion. Maybe he has a lingering problem.... but I doubt a trained doctor would suggest a serious issue based on a few seconds of practice video.

Its just a hunch man. Something just doesnt seem right about the how the entire thing played out.

VN Store

Back