Andrew Butcher underage drinking

And if you remember the story that was published was he was in his car with a kid passed out in the back. And the real story came out that he was in his room and someone had borrowed his car.

I'd say there's more to this story. I'm not saying he wasn't drunk but running around on an interstate? That would be highly unusual if true

You just want there to be more to the story because it's a Vol. if he was gaturd you would be jumping all over this.

Reactions: 1 person
You just want there to be more to the story because it's a Vol. if he was gaturd you would be jumping all over this.
And you're just an internet troll trying to find an argument to get into. If running around on foot on an interstate is normal, then by all means I'm in the wrong here.

Reactions: 2 people
What are the odds PJ got a DUI in his past and is still pissed?

Solid contribution. I don't need a dui to form an opinion but continue taking shots and avoiding the discussion. It seems that's become commonplace here

For the record the only one I got was a PI for walking home from the bar instead of driving. Brilliant officer said I should have driven and I'd have already been home. Judge laughed it out of court

Please. Now, I'm certain that you've lost your mind.

It shouldn't be any worse than a bad traffic ticket. Any injury or damage caused to another while driving intoxicated should be dealt with more harshly than it is now.
Your argument about the gov trying to make revenue off of setting the BAC limit low is ridiculous.
You say it's ridiculous yet can't explain why. You simply talk around the govt knowing what's best for us and then simmering about a low iq.

There is a movement to go to .05 or even zero. Those are not about safety any more than most speed limits are. Traffic violations are simply about revenue

And you're just an internet troll trying to find an argument to get into. If running around on foot on an interstate is normal, then by all means I'm in the wrong here.

I never said it was normal. It sounded like you were saying there was some reason to justify his actions. The name calling is unnecessary.

It's not a simple possession case. Drunk guy running around on the interstate will be news every single time. Mega-stupid.

Any UT player has a run in with the law and it's gonna be headline news. Just goes along with being part of the best college football program in 'Mercia!

It shouldn't be any worse than a bad traffic ticket. Any injury or damage caused to another while driving intoxicated should be dealt with more harshly than it is now...
OK, while I agree with you that a lot of DUI enforcement is revenue-driven, I think this is ridiculous.

How about saying that manufacturers are allowed to pump whatever they like into the air, water, and soil, and there's no real punishment, unless someone develops cancer or gives birth to a child with birth defects or grows green horns out of an awkward body part? THEN they have to pay.

DUI laws have made more than a few people (me included) take pause before drinking or before drinking and driving. Granted the hard-core drinkers have too much else going on to change their ways, but people get killed by "nice", respectable drunk drivers too. If there are fewer drunks on the road because of fear of a DUI ticket, it's hard to find fault with that.

If someone is going to get snockered, do it at home. Leave the rest of us alone, and this includes the poor I-40 drivers dodging the idiot pedestrian wandering across the pavement. :hi:

Reactions: 4 people
It shouldn't be any worse than a bad traffic ticket. Any injury or damage caused to another while driving intoxicated should be dealt with more harshly than it is now.

You say it's ridiculous yet can't explain why. You simply talk around the govt knowing what's best for us and then simmering about a low iq.

There is a movement to go to .05 or even zero. Those are not about safety any more than most speed limits are. Traffic violations are simply about revenue

Well maybe don't clip out 75% of my response and you can see my explanation. And I realize you are too dumb to understand it but the law also acts as a preventative measure instead of a reactive law considering people die because of it and no amount of punishment to the violator brings back the dead. Considering that, I think it is appropriate.

Well maybe don't clip out 75% of my response and you can see my explanation. And I realize you are too dumb to understand it but the law also acts as a preventative measure instead of a reactive law considering people die because of it and no amount of punishment to the violator brings back the dead. Considering that, I think it is appropriate.
I clipped it because it just repeated the same stuff about govt knowing what's best. I can assure you I am plenty smart enough to understand any real point you want to make. Simply calling me dumb isn't helping your cause. Try it without the name-calling next time

No law ever padded in the history of man has brought someone back from the dead. That includes dui laws. If it were truly about lives and safety there would be much stricter laws and penalties. The ones now are simply temptations

How about saying that manufacturers are allowed to pump whatever they like into the air, water, and soil, and there's no real punishment, unless someone develops cancer or gives birth to a child with birth defects or grows green horns out of an awkward body part? THEN they have to pay.
What's the real penalty now?

Yeah boy, great job Andrew that you somehow managed to not get plowed by that midsize Volvo on interstate 40....woo hoo, great fun, good times buddy. Why, what mom and dad wouldn't be proud??

Also, great job handling your business and showing the coaches that you're serious about rehabbing and helping your team and not being distraction a week before the opening game of the season. Yay Andrew! Great job son...bright future here on the Hill...but oh those great college memories you'll have one day.

Calm down it will be alright.

What's the real penalty now?
Agreed; and that makes it OK?

Shades of my grandmother asking, "If everyone else does it, does that make it OK?"

I'm all for people having the right to do dumb-ass things in their own little worlds. When their actions have the potential to impact me, that's a whole 'nother thing.

you'd think after all this time on a message board you might understand what trolling was. Maybe one day you'll figure out that having an opinion is not trolling. Really not a difficult concept

But continue to follow me around the board. It's cute in a creepy stalkerish kind of way

Aww I struck a nerve. Probably getting some sort of sanction next

Calm down it will be alright.

I know it reads this way, but post was not directed at Butcher, but rather a poster refusing to recognize that a drunk 18 year old "running around on the interstate and placing his and other lives potentially in jeopardy" is a little more serious than a kid getting busted for drinking beer in a Presidential courtyard dorm.

Last edited:
The ones now are simply temptations

I'm lost.

First, we shouldn't have harsh laws against drinking and driving, and now the punishment of a DUI/loss of license/fine/time in jail is somehow alluring?

I'm lost.

First, we shouldn't have harsh laws against drinking and driving, and now the punishment of a DUI/loss of license/fine/time in jail is somehow alluring?

The temptation lies in asking a person who has been drinking to try and compute their bac. How many did I have? Am I really drunk? Should I drive? Maybe I can drive. I don't feel drunk. Etc. Sound familiar to anyone who had ever gone out for a few drinks?

If removing impaired drivers was the true aim then it would be zero. Now, who do you think would put up the money to fight that change?

Getting drunk or "tore up" is one thing.I did it hundres of times in school;but,running on I40-unless he was running from someone or a "hazing type"thing,this is like a blackout drunk where you do not remember where you are,this is badly dangerous.Hope all turns out for a good ballplayer and vfl.

VN Store

Back