Crowder misses practice due to not starting?

Here's an example.

HarmlessBeautifulFantail.gif

I saw Crowder do exactly what he was supposed to do there.

Reactions: 4 people
Are you serious? He's 10 yds down field. No one to block. Only ones further down field are Hurd and Downs. A RB and a TE. They're supposed to be further down field. The reason the play didn't go further is because North missed his block. Crowder did exactly what he's supposed to do on this play.

Yep. I can't believe that we have a video of one of our OL standing next to our WR, when he's tackled 20 yards downfield on a dbl-reverse, and VN mocks him for it.

Reactions: 3 people
I heard that Crowder is holding hostages demanding he start. He has North's leg and PW's ACT score said he won't give them back until he's named starter.

He's got lovie smith circling Knoxville ready to show Butch the door! Lol

Because as has been stated on this board (ad nauseum) CBJ has decided that no matter what, Thomas is going to play somewhere. It must be his potential because it sure isn't for what he has earned in practice or on the field.
Hope he can play the position better in a game than he does in practice.

Blasting other posters for talking about a player who has given his all and then turning around and calling out Thomas. The irony and hypocrisy is astounding

Reactions: 6 people

Yeah, the reverse worked so well that he didn't have anything to do. He was supposed to block the linebacker but the linebacker was too busy running in the wrong direction for Crowder to block him.

Reactions: 1 person
Blasting other posters for talking about a player who has given his all and then turning around and calling out Thomas. The irony and hypocrisy is astounding

What do you expect from a close family friend of Crowders? Steeler just threw the whole staff under the bus.

Too bad dude didn't post one of the dozens of plays showing Mack getting thrown out of the way like a rag doll, or whiffing the LB on between the tackles running plays. I have defended MC before, but to act like he doesn't have severe physical shortcomings is ludicrous.

Reactions: 2 people
Two things:
1)IF Thomas is the better option at Center, he should start over Crowder
2)We shouldn't bend over backwards to throw a kid that has given a lot to this program under the bus over speculation at this point.

I don't see how either of those conflict with the other. I don't see how fans of this program have a problem seeing either of those points.

Too bad dude didn't post one of the dozens of plays showing Mack getting thrown out of the way like a rag doll, or whiffing the LB on between the tackles running plays. I have defended MC before, but to act like he doesn't have severe physical shortcomings is ludicrous.

I don't think anyone is saying Crowder was all-world last year. But that video jab was ignorant.

And I'm not convinced that Crowder has physical limitations. After rewatching nearly every snap from last year, it appears that more often than not, all of our OL-men missed assignments more than got manhandled. Quite often, even when it appeared our guys got manhandled, it was due to missed assignments.

I'm becoming convinced that our OL can be very serviceable this year if they get the mental part down and everyone does their job.

What do you expect from a close family friend of Crowders? Steeler just threw the whole staff under the bus.

McGillicutty,
Don't know where you got that. I put it out there that there is a lot going on that most don't know and won't know. Ask Weisman or Kendrick after the season. Hell, ask Maggitt after the season. Players are keeping it in the locker room and Hyams, Twitter and a large segment of VN are inflating things and mind-crafting all kinds of B.S.

McGillicutty,
Don't know where you got that. I put it out there that there is a lot going on that most don't know and won't know. Ask Weisman or Kendrick after the season. Hell, ask Maggitt after the season. Players are keeping it in the locker room and Hyams, Twitter and a large segment of VN are inflating things and mind-crafting all kinds of B.S.

Brother you might not have meant it that way, but it sure as heck sounds like it. I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I know you are friends of the Crowders, and respect that you always defend MC for that reason. I would too. I like MC, I have defended him, but for the love of everything Orange we need better play. If CT can do better, then so be it. If he doesn't he will get roasted on VN just as much.

Reactions: 2 people
McGillicutty,

Again, what is going on? Is it normal, football locker room type stuff or something that we should be more concerned about?

Y'all make it sound like horrible things are happening in the OL....

So has Jimmy expanded on this on his radio show? His tweet says he missed practice, upset at not starting. It did NOT say he missed practice BECAUSE he wasn't starting. There could be a potential big discrepancy in how you read it.

So has Jimmy expanded on this on his radio show? His tweet says he missed practice, upset at not starting. It did NOT say he missed practice BECAUSE he wasn't starting. There could be a potential big discrepancy in how you read it.

He's said it but I haven't parsed his exact wording. He sure makes it sound like Crowder missed practice BECAUSE he wasn't starting.

You can get WNML on iHeart radio btw. Helps out here in MO.

In this morning's post-practice press conference, Butch got asked a question about the OLine. In his response to the media, you could hear him coaching the players through the drama of the last few days. It's very enlightening. Butch said:

"Everything is about depth, and competitive depth. And it's every individual understanding, you're one snap away. You may not like where you're at right now, but that's why you keep your head down, and that's why you keep grinding, each and every day. And that's really where your mental toughness is born is, is really doing the things that the team needs to win...these players up front have worked very, very hard, and I'm excited because we are creating that competitive depth...."

Gotta love Butch Jones, the man knows how to lead young men.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Steelervol, is it the same type of stuff that occurred last year as would have been described by players who transferred or left the program, or is it different stuff?

VN Store

Back