Recruiting Forum Football Talk XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's tough because Mcniel does good things too. However TK 100 percent earned right to start and disappointed he was not starting. Randolph seems more like the weak link Saftey wise this year. McNeil and Kelly making more plays

Starting Jumper was borderline idiotic and cost a TD on first drive then he goes back to Kirkland.

Butch is too stubborn for his own good. Some really odd decisions this year with lineup makes me feel there is some internal fighting going on. The weird Oline shift late in camp after Weismann and Kendrick almost quit this jumper crap. TK not starting.

Yes jumper is a Carson Newman caliber LB. good Kid I'm sure but him starting MLB in the SEC should never happen. Same with brett kendricks and kerbyson IMO.

Sooner or later just take your lumps with your more talented younger players

Hate to say it but Florida may have this streak going for a long time. We can't beat the 2 worst teams they have fielded for 2yrs in a row. They will only improve. They fielded trash but they got a dang good coach that made it into something. Coach Mac is going to have Florida back when he gets playmakers. His play calls were money on offense the execution not so much but ended up good enough. He knows how to attack weaknesses that for sure. Attacked our MLBs all day in pass coverage

I'm beginning to put more and more stock in those posts that suggested there's weird stuff going on in the locker room in regards to coaches playing guys who have no business playing. And it's because Butch likely makes personnel decisions and refuses to budge when someone on the staff suggests he make a change.

I'm beginning to put more and more stock in those posts that suggested there's weird stuff going on in the locker room in regards to coaches playing guys who have no business playing. And it's because Butch likely makes personnel decisions and refuses to budge when someone on the staff suggests he make a change.

It seems to gain legitimacy with each new debacle.

Hate to say it but Florida may have this streak going for a long time. We can't beat the 2 worst teams they have fielded for 2yrs in a row. They will only improve. They fielded trash but they got a dang good coach that made it into something. Coach Mac is going to have Florida back when he gets playmakers. His play calls were money on offense the execution not so much but ended up good enough. He knows how to attack weaknesses that for sure. Attacked our MLBs all day in pass coverage

He did. We, by my estimation, do not do much of that.

That's on coaching.

absolutely. We made no effort to exploit their weaknesses, offensively or defensively.

We ran so many wide stretch plays it was nauseating. North/south was working!

Attack Tabor's backup! I don't even think that kid's name was called all day.

Pressure their young OL and QB with exotic blitzes! Give him looks he hasn't seen to get him off rhythm and make mistakes!

We didn't do any of those things. Such a vanilla, milquetoast game plan on both sides of the ball.

Credi for the trick plays, those worked nicely. Unfortunately smoke and mirrors was the only strategy we had.

Me too

absolutely. We made no effort to exploit their weaknesses, offensively or defensively.

We ran so many wide stretch plays it was nauseating. North/south was working!

Attach Tabor's backup! I don't even think they kid's name was called all day.

Pressure their young OL and QB with exotic blitzes! Give him looks he hasn't seen to get him off rhythm and make mistakes!

We didn't do any of those things. Such a vanilla, milquetoast game plan on both sides of the ball.

Credi for the trick plays, those worked nicely. Unfortunately smoke and mirrors was the only strategy we had.

I certainly have no idea what his name is.

Did anyone else say to themselves "That's not right" when Dobbs was under center on his TD reception. Must be the trick play formation.

UF had a bad OL, a RS Fr QB making his 2nd start, and a defense that was beat up.

Ive been around since Majors. All I'm saying is I saw us go backwards for years with Fulmer getting lazy and ending in a blowout loss in Nashville to Vandy in 2012. Since Butch took over we have been climbing out of that hole, slower than you guys want but improving none the less. His work isn't done here. Butch needs 5 yrs because his 1st class don't count. Dobbs, JRM, North, Cam, Vereen is all he got honestly out of that class. If our fanbase drives him out prematurely it's dumb. I bet no one wants to play us next year. We may not win one of the big 4 games this year but at seasons beginning 8-4 with victories over Arky, Mizzou etc would've sounded meh OK considering our recent history.

Reactions: 1 person
Except Dooley wasn't recruiting either. But that should only get a coach so far.

I'm afraid that's getting ready to take a hit. If we go 7-5 or 6-6, recruiting will fall off. Butch will be firmly on the hot seat, big time recruits will not want to come play for a lame duck coach. Watch for more of the "diamond in the rough" type players.

Ive been around since Majors. All I'm saying is I saw us go backwards for years with Fulmer getting lazy and ending in a blowout loss in Nashville to Vandy in 2012. Since Butch took over we have been climbing out of that hole, slower than you guys want but improving none the less. His work isn't done here. Butch needs 5 yrs because his 1st class don't count. Dobbs, JRM, North, Cam, Vereen is all he got honestly out of that class. If our fanbase drives him out prematurely it's dumb. I bet no one wants to play us next year. We may not win one of the big 4 games this year but at seasons beginning 8-4 with victories over Arky, Mizzou etc would've sounded meh OK considering our recent history.

Have to beat Arkansas for a chance at 8-4. If we lose to them the wheels fall off and Butch's ultimate (2016) fate may be sealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back