Recruiting Forum Football Talk XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been around since Majors. All I'm saying is I saw us go backwards for years with Fulmer getting lazy and ending in a blowout loss in Nashville to Vandy in 2012. Since Butch took over we have been climbing out of that hole, slower than you guys want but improving none the less. His work isn't done here. Butch needs 5 yrs because his 1st class don't count. Dobbs, JRM, North, Cam, Vereen is all he got honestly out of that class. If our fanbase drives him out prematurely it's dumb. I bet no one wants to play us next year. We may not win one of the big 4 games this year but at seasons beginning 8-4 with victories over Arky, Mizzou etc would've sounded meh OK considering our recent history.

Expectations are fluid, and when you blow 2 of the 3 worst losses in CFB so far this year the talk is warranted.

Reactions: 2 people
Ive been around since Majors. All I'm saying is I saw us go backwards for years with Fulmer getting lazy and ending in a blowout loss in Nashville to Vandy in 2012. Since Butch took over we have been climbing out of that hole, slower than you guys want but improving none the less. His work isn't done here. Butch needs 5 yrs because his 1st class don't count. Dobbs, JRM, North, Cam, Vereen is all he got honestly out of that class. If our fanbase drives him out prematurely it's dumb. I bet no one wants to play us next year. We may not win one of the big 4 games this year but at seasons beginning 8-4 with victories over Arky, Mizzou etc would've sounded meh OK considering our recent history.

You do have a point. However, 8-4 seems unlikely to me considering our game management etc. UGA-L, Bama, L.. Arkansas, Kentucky, Mizzouri not sure we sweep those games

Reactions: 1 person

8-4 won't happen. Good coaches start to get more out of their players. Look at Jim Mac and Harbaugh in year one. We are getting less because neither OU or UF were better teams.

Their OL played very well considering how bad they were supposed to be on paper. Our DL, without Maggitt, really struggled getting pressure. I think our DL is just average at this point.

Gameplan was to get the ball out quick. Our dumb coaches played soft coverage. Why not make them go deep to win?

Our DL was getting pressure the ball was coming out fast most downs.

12&13 effort on that last play needs to put them on the bench. That was BS period.

But are we truly trending up? I think we've plateaued. Oh sure, I could envision slight improvement but can you envision this staff really being on the level of the big boys of this conference? I don't.

But are we truly trending up? I think we've plateaued. Oh sure, I could envision slight improvement but can you envision this staff really being on the level of the big boys of this conference? I don't.

Look at what Fuente has done at Memphis. That's a program trending up. They were one of the worst teams in FBS.

The OU game was bad, but at least OU was a fairly even matchup. This game we had no business losing.

OU wasn't even, first two quarters proved we were physically dominant.

I don't understand why we leave our best CB on the backside all game. Most QBs can't throw good to the backside.

We're just DUMB as a staff. Sutton wasn't even in at the end of the game. Hell if Martin is in put him inside. Run dime they weren't going to run on 4th and 14.

The Dooley parallels are pretty spot-on at this point.

I remember after the UF game in 2012, 90% of the board turned on Dooley with a few people still defending him. Those supporters hung on through close losses to UGA and USC, then almost everyone jumped ship after MSU.

I'd say a good 80% of the board has now turned on Butch, maybe more. He will probably play UGA and Bama close but still lose. Then a backbreaking loss to UK or Mizzou will end all support. But unlike Dooley, he will get that 6th win, make a bowl game, and be back in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back