So this just happened.... (Fulmer, Majors)

Happy for Coach Majors. I think he's at an age where it's time to let go of things that can't be undone...good for the mind and the spirit.

Happy for Coach Fulmer too. Both of these guys bleed TN orange.

Reactions: 1 person
Happy for Coach Majors. I think he's at an age where it's time to let go of things that can't be undone...good for the mind and the spirit.

Happy for Coach Fulmer too. Both of these guys bleed TN orange.

Both were cast out unceremoniously. Majors knows Fulmer has felt a lot of pain over the last 10 years he probably felt when Fulmer got his job. It would be great if this was the first step to these guy burying the hatchet....would be great for UT football to see them promoting it together.

Somebody needs to get Dickey to the middle east, I hear the are a couple groups over there that needs to be reconciled but they aren't as bad as Majors and Fulmer were.

As I viewed this pic, I could just hear Don Henley's song in the background, "Forgiveness".

they don't seem so happy

It is a great start. How many years has it been since they spoke a word to one another, much less shake hands. These is the first sign the debacle of 1992 may be coming to an end. Whatever the actual truth is. Hats off to the coaches. :hi:

It is a great start. How many years has it been since they spoke a word to one another, much less shake hands. These is the first sign the debacle of 1992 may be coming to an end. Whatever the actual truth is. Hats off to the coaches. :hi:

I just talked to a guy that was there. He said it was awesome to watch once everybody realized what was about to happen.

I really appreciate the rebuild JM did and the success PF brought afterwards.
Lotta respect for both.
JM does not look thrilled in the pic but I wish he would get over it.
Despite the drama some of our fans add to what happened, here's the purest form of what happened. - Someone got replaced at their job by the next in line.

Happens hundreds of times everyday in the real world.
If everyone reacted as Majors, we would be living in total chaos.

Watch the video. Majors never smiled. Those hoping that Majors has moved on are most likely going to be disappointed.

What amazes me is that people fail to realize that without Johnny, Phil would have never experienced success here. Get over it. Our past success in the past was due to all three of those coaches.

I really appreciate the rebuild JM did and the success PF brought afterwards.
Lotta respect for both.
JM does not look thrilled in the pic but I wish he would get over it.
Despite the drama some of our fans add to what happened, here's the purest form of what happened. - Someone got replaced at their job by the next in line.

Happens hundreds of times everyday in the real world.
If everyone reacted as Majors, we would be living in total chaos.
It's hardly ever a neat, clean ending for these guys. I can't think of very many coaches that left when they wanted to. Most have to get pushed out the door.

It's hardly ever a neat, clean ending for these guys. I can't think of very many coaches that left when they wanted to. Most have to get pushed out the door.

Yeah, that's my point.
Most just move on. JM has gone much further than anyone I know for drama.

Dickey, Battle, Majors all Coaches from my Childhood and of the three Battle probably had the most potential. 59 and 22 and was fired after a 6 and 5 season and was 4 and 1 in bowl games.

Don't feel too bad for Bill Battle. He got a raw deal in Knoxville, but went on to start Collegiate Licensing Company and is current AD at Bama.

That's some tasty lemonade!

Atleast they shook hands. Two of the best coaches in Tennessee history.

We all better get to church in the morning!!!

Russia and the US are on opposite sides of the Syrian rebel causes & are about to start WW III

Blood moons,Floods & droughts, hurricanes & earthquakes all over the world

Duran Duran are back together and the Eagles have split again for separate tours (had to stretch a bit for that one)

And now this! I don't know if hell is freezing over but I'm scared to death of what may happen next. If I hear about any Elvis sightings at the 7-Eleven or the news media tells me that the flashes in the sky are just solar flares then I say brother, say a prayer, grab your family & head for the hills. I may start packing now!

VN Store

Back