Butch Jones critique/support/discussion (merged)

Nope, time to pull the plug on both Hart and Butch. His recruiting is about to take a huge hit and I see nothing to tell me next year will be better. DON'T DELAY THE INEVITABLE!!

Reactions: 7 people
Agree that it won't be this year, but I'm beginning to think it should be. The recruiting will fall this year. There is no way he signs a top class this year. It may be smarter to cut ties with him and bring someone in who can coach and at least rebuild with some talent in the stable.

Reactions: 3 people
Why is Dobbs starting over Dormady at this point? If Butch can give a real valid reason, I might give Butch a pass. But I doubt there's a good reason.

I mean, the game plan wasn't bad tonight. Horrible execution. Dropped passes all night, defense getting absolutely demolished, the Preston Williams fumble, Medley missed a short field goal. The Florida and Oklahoma games, I'm ready to blame the coaching staff. Tonight not as much.

Reactions: 12 people
It's almost as hard to hear all the emotional breakdowns after these games as it is to bear these losses. Of course this is disappointing. Of course we've been asked to have an enormous amount of patience. Still, the best way forward at this point is staying supportive through thick and thin. You have a better way forward? I will say that one surprise thus far is almost a complete lack of turnovers and points generated from the defense.

Now, let's hope the recruiting doesn't slow down or defections start. Your guaranteed that will happen with emotional, angry responses.

Reactions: 3 people
What did he do wrong? You mean besides his team losing at home to a 1-3 opponent? You mean besides running a garbage offense?

Reactions: 4 people
Coaching change will kill this program and so will keeping butch in my opinion. So theres your dead man walking. This program.

Reactions: 6 people
Look on the bright side: We have Georgia then Bama and get to listen to Lil Jon about 1000 more times!

Get it over with at the end of the season. Clean house. This idiot has gotta go. "I'm going to assemble the best coaching staff in America" -Butch Jones

Phil Fulmer for AD!

Reactions: 1 person
Hiring Debord will work out for him the same way hiring Clawson worked out for Fulmer. When you hire dog ****, you're ****ed. Get the hell out of Knoxville Butch.

It's not Debord this is Butches offense and it always has been. Dobbs is pitiful at best and the whole thing is just sad. Need a new head coach, period.

Reactions: 2 people
Player development and gameday coaching are really bad. We are not getting better. Other teams play freshmen and sophomores who make plays. Our players seem to be regressing. Plus, I do not believe Dobbs has the ability to accurately pass the ball. I don't know how we can win in the SEC when our quarterback cannot pass.

Well back to the ash heap. I eat my words, anybody got any 57 sauce. Boys we got whipped up front. Young studs on DL nowhere to be seen.

Reactions: 4 people
Butch is toast. Hope I'm wrong but we are stuck with home for one more year and then that's it.

What specifically did he do wrong this game? I saw a team that got beat physically. And Dobbs just must be replaced. I'm sorry, that guy can't throw worth a crap.

That guy that can't throw has been coached by Butch for 3 years. That guy that can't throw was recruited personally by Butch. The guys calling the plays were hired by Butch. The guy that couldn't motivate his team tonight was Butch.

VN Store

Back