Butch Jones critique/support/discussion (merged)

Hiring Debord will work out for him the same way hiring Clawson worked out for Fulmer. When you hire dog ****, you're ****ed. Get the hell out of Knoxville Butch.
I agree. I thought that would be the case when he first hired him, rather than hiring the OC from Boise St.

But, the Bowling Green game sure did look like our Offense was in good hands. It must have been a mirage, because this offense looks pathetic. To beat Ark at their game, you better have a great defense or a great offense. Tonight, we had neither.

4-8 Fired (obviously)
5-7 Fired
6-6 (regular season) He'll be back
I don't think we will go 4-8, 5-7 is a real possibility, but the question is what happens if we go 6-6 again? Before the season started I would have said he would be back, but the way things have went down this season makes me wonder. I hope he can turn things around, we really don't need to go through another coaching change, but if he can't get things done in this conference, we need to find a new coach. Either way, the season will have to play out, so let's see what happens.

Reactions: 2 people
You should probably just sit back and get used to him being here for at least one more year. I just don't think UT can really afford to let him go and pay a new coach unless you want another up and comer. May as well just try to relax. It is what it is right now, as frustrating as it is.

What did he do wrong you say? He can't adjust with a lead and he can't adjust when he's trailing. Deal with it, because we are stuck with this sh!t for another year.

David Cutcliff needs to be seriously considered. Butch is a joke him and his coaching staff need to get gone.

Reactions: 4 people
Why are we paying Dooley and Butch? We could get these exact results with Dooley, forget Butch. We are wasting money. Dooley could have done this and saved us a bunch of money. Sunseri could have given us this matador defense and saved us paying Jancek. These 'individuals' have not been coached. Call me when Gruden and Manning get here. Til then, I'm out.

I don't support him still. He tried different attacks in the first half that excited me, but then in the second half got away from it. As much of a disappointment he's been too me this season esp, I was glad to see more pass plays over all. But the half time adjustment weren't there as usual.

Certainly could. We only have 2 sure wins left.
Looking at the remaining schedule I would have agree. Before the season started I worried about Dobbs passing and 5 games into the season I just don't see him as a good QB. If we are going to lose most of the rest of our games the Vols may want to take a look at their 2nd string QB. Mizzou did today and got a win.

I still support butch til the end of 16 at least. He is our coach and will be until at least then.

I do not support dobbs. I will not watch another game until dormady, who can execute the forward pass, at least gets a shot at playing time. I have tickets to north Texas so I hope it happens before then. GBO VFL

Reactions: 1 person
Yesssss. My team doesn't need a coaching change right now. Have to give it a few years.

Why? How many first year coaches have come in and turned it around? Look at Florida with a first year coach. The talent was there and his coaching has brought it out. If we hired the right guy with our current talent we can achieve the same results.

My problem is I don't have faith in our AD to do the right thing or make the right hire.

Reactions: 4 people
Poor Vowels, is it Curtains for team 119? I may never forget you for your great tackling prowess or your ability to make the difficult catch or even catch the easy ones for that matter, and last but not least, let's congratulate the HC who had our team so ready to play at Neyland Stadium cough cough....

You guys called it. Congrats... You think these coaches or players felt any support. It isn't easy to listen to everything they heard this week. Negativity has set in and probably will not end well. Make the next coach is a Dooley make over, it may be worse. The only reason we are in games is because of the talent Jones has recruited. Yet none of you will let it mature, we are still weak in a lot of areas. That does not mean we can't win, but calling for a coaches head like most were this week isn't good for the program. He is in his Third season 5 games in, our oline is not good, rb is great, qb is still learning and developing, wideouts aren't helping. That isn't play calling. Offensively we score enough most nights to win, I believe we passed the ball more tonight than in any game yet, the result was worse. We run the ball to protect a weak defense who haven't matured into what could be. Most only see all the star recruits, what I see is talented young men who need time to develop. We don't have that luxury and have to play with what we have. Yeah I still support Jones, but honestly this fan base, I hope he resigns.

Reactions: 3 people
What specifically did he do wrong this game? I saw a team that got beat physically. And Dobbs just must be replaced. I'm sorry, that guy can't throw worth a crap.

When UT got the ball late in the first half and immediately ran the ball up the middle and punted giving ARK the chance to score before the half ended was what convinced me CBJ will never change his conservative ways. This offensive scheme is boring, ineffective and has totally disregarded a passing downfield option. I realize Dobbs can't pass downfield accurately, so why is he even in there? I just don't think CBJ can compete in the SEC. He is up against a lot more formidable coaches that are well beyond his level.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back