Butch Jones critique/support/discussion (merged)

Only fans that support Butch, are the ones that continued to support Dooley.
It would have to be a home run hire not to set the program back, and that won't happen.

I mean, the game plan wasn't bad tonight. Horrible execution. Dropped passes all night, defense getting absolutely demolished, the Preston Williams fumble, Medley missed a short field goal. The Florida and Oklahoma games, I'm ready to blame the coaching staff. Tonight not as much.

On the field play was worse today than in our other 2 games we lost. But Lyle arguing like a mad man near the end of the half to put more time on the clock only to end up giving time for Arkansas to drive and tie was ridiculous. Simply ridiculous.

The Kentucky game will be the most important game for him I think. We will lose to both UGA and Bama, if he drops a game to UK I don't think he coaches anymore for us.

6-6 and he will be back next year but will be on an extremely hot seat.

5-7 it might depend on who is avalible to replace him.

If he isn't replaced and Next season start off this bad Hart and Jones will both be looking for new jobs.

Reactions: 2 people
"We've got guys coming back...we're very, very young. I am confident in this teams resiliency. I really, really am".

-"Choke" Jones.

Reactions: 1 person
I was offered free, great seats for this game. I did not accept. I saw all I needed to see after Oki and FL. I don't even get my hopes up with these coaches anymore. Sure I watch. I'll always be a Vol fan it is a part of who I am. But at this point, I'm just waiting for a new coach.

We have stocked shelves of talent. A coach can come in next season and be top 15 easy. I hope this doesn't play out like it did w/ Dooley-not getting rid of him after the second season.

Remember, there were plenty of morons drinking the Dool-Aid even into the 3rd season. Don't listen to scared morons. This is TN.

Not only is Jones losing games he should win, he is losing them in incredibly dumb fashion. He has officially made a mockery of our team. Analysts, play by play announcers, national media, they all laugh at us. That, to me, is unacceptable. If he was winning games while making retarded decisions, he would be Les Miles. Instead, he loses games due to making retarded decisions, so he is the worst coach in the SEC.

Reactions: 9 people
I absolutely agree that he should be fired, if he finishes 5-7 or worse.

Unfortunately, this athletic department simply cannot afford the buyout.

6-6 and he should be gone. But it will take 5-7 or worse for Hart to make a move IMO.

He will be here next season even if we end up 2-10, but the talent will begin to go down. Any chance of this "brick by brick" experiment turning out good has gone down the tubes.

Reactions: 2 people
@ESPNStatsInfo: Tennessee has held at least a 13-point lead in each of its games and is 2-3.

All other Power 5 teams that have led by 13+ are 157-5.

Unless we bring in new coordinators in offense and defense (which Butch won't do), yeah we need a new coach.

He will bring up our youth, however in July ar media days he said we can't use that as a cruch. Good hire in Debord probably costed Butch his job

Reactions: 3 people
Would never happen but a 'super staff' with a guy like Cut as head coach, Chavis as DC and Fulmer as O Line coach would be great.

But like I said... Would never happen

"It's times like these that really test the character of your ball team. I believe in the character and resiliency of this football team, and it's like I said before, we just have to keep grinding and grinding and really that's all you can do".

Blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah.....

You guys called it. Congrats... You think these coaches or players felt any support. It isn't easy to listen to everything they heard this week. Negativity has set in and probably will not end well. Make the next coach is a Dooley make over, it may be worse. The only reason we are in games is because of the talent Jones has recruited. Yet none of you will let it mature, we are still weak in a lot of areas. That does not mean we can't win, but calling for a coaches head like most were this week isn't good for the program. He is in his Third season 5 games in, our oline is not good, rb is great, qb is still learning and developing, wideouts aren't helping. That isn't play calling. Offensively we score enough most nights to win, I believe we passed the ball more tonight than in any game yet, the result was worse. We run the ball to protect a weak defense who haven't matured into what could be. Most only see all the star recruits, what I see is talented young men who need time to develop. We don't have that luxury and have to play with what we have. Yeah I still support Jones, but honestly this fan base, I hope he resigns.

So it's our fault huh?

VN Store

Back