Gary Danielson on Finebaum

No one was saying this last season when he came in against Bama and ran for 100 yds and threw for 192 with 2 TD's. That 1st TD, a back shoulder throw to Malone, was a thing of beauty. Or the very next game against SC, where he ran for 172 (3 TD's)and threw for 301 (2TD's). I think it has more to do with DeBord and play calling this year that hasn't allowed him to get into a rhythm. As an OC, you have to know the throws that your QB likes and the pass plays that he executes well to establish that rhythm. I think that's the reason passing game isn't on track yet. We rely on the run so much that when it's time to pass the defense already knows what's coming, and it's 3 and long and due to two short runs. The last 5-6 games last year and the 1st 5-6 games this year are night and day. The change is DeBord.
i cant imagine what the offense would look like if Hurd went down. it would be an ugle sight.

I think this is absolutely correct. Dobbs has regressed, and I think that is 100% on the coaches.

Gee, what a genius stating the obvious. It definitely doesn't take a talking head to see that, and so has the rest of the team.

GO VOLS!

I don't think Dobbs has regressed. He looked better at times last season because no one had film on him, he played the weaker end of our schedule and Iowa is slow. Dobbs is good and when your are asked to do many things sometimes some of those tasks are performed at a subpar level. The whole team needs to be better. They either will or they won't. I think poeple that complain about tight coaches would also complain about loose coaches. It is either too strict or the nuts are running the asylum. Go Big Orange!

Verne and Danielson are longtime UT haters---I turn the sound down when they come on!

Get off this bogus argument. Explain Florida's 5-0 start with a younger, less experienced roster being led by a first year coach. If you can do that, which you can't, I'll consider entertaining your ill-conceived point. Until then, please stop with the youth and inexperience nonsense.
This AND OU started an inexperienced OL against us if memory serves. Just leave that false cliche alone please.

Haven't seen it debunked yet. All you have to do is look at who's making plays... Experience, and who's not making plays... Inexperience. Pretty simple. It's too much on the field. If these guys knew what they were talking about they would be on the field.

Dude...it's been debunked, refuted, discredited, negated, invalidated....you just refuse to acknowledge it.

Reactions: 2 people
Agree 100%. The quarterback is playing tighter than a banjo string. I think the coaching staff has screwed Dobbs up in the head.

Keep in mind that Joshua has never played a full season as starter. He is still growing. He has by no means peaked.

As a frosh. I thought Dobbs would never be an SEC QB; he seemed to have a noodle for an arm. But then last yr. he really surprised me; now this yr. surprising me again for all the wrong reasons. I kinda wish they would pull a Spurrier, and bring Dormandy in on 3rd and long. For example you knew we had 0% chance of converting on 3rd and long and then 4th and long on the final drive last week; should of punted in that situation, with all their timeouts, but I think fan opinion made CBJ make a bad decision there.

It's hard to vision the Vols winning the SEC with Dobbs at QB, after all it's Dobbs 3rd year soooooooooooo

Reactions: 1 person
Keep in mind that Joshua has never played a full season as starter. He is still growing. He has by no means peaked.

So your saying he peaks as a senior? And for him, peak is likely a decent runner and inaccurate beyond 10 yards. Meanwhile, the rest of the country is able to win with freshmen. These progressions are more of a knock on our "best coaching staff in America".

If Dobbs is struggling against UGA I hope they put in Dormady for a series. Gotta give ourselves a shot, and it can't hurt when we are going 3 & out anyhow.

Dude, you are like a freakin broken record! I'm pretty sure the "experts" know what they are talking about. How many times does the youth, inexperience, depth theory that you keep using to prop up your argument have to be debunked? I will give you this, your persistent.

But hey keep on keepin on!

Scientific fact that most freshman have to be developed before they contribute consistently. Our two true freshman defensive tackles had more tackles than the two who started against Arkansas. We had two true freshman linebackers that played. We also have a lot of sophomores playing. We had two true freshman wide receivers start. The overwhelming majority of mistakes I saw the defense make were due to lack of experience. Our defensive players were better than Arkansas offense. Our entire roster has been flipped. They have to be developed. That takes time. I'm not saying our coach is perfect or anything. We were so far behind everyone else after Phulmer was fired, Lane Kiffin quit and Dooley was fired. Any coach would have had to do what Butch has done, though I don't believe many could have gotten back to back top 5 classes, while we was on the level of a typical ACC team. We have no choice but to let Butch develope the players he has worked really hard to get. It just seems like common sense to me. Just for the record, I realize that commentators are not knowledgeable of our situation and the remarks that they make are mainly for entertainment.

Scientific fact that most freshman have to be developed before they contribute consistently. Our two true freshman defensive tackles had more tackles than the two who started against Arkansas. We had two true freshman linebackers that played. We also have a lot of sophomores playing. We had two true freshman wide receivers start. The overwhelming majority of mistakes I saw the defense make were due to lack of experience. Our defensive players were better than Arkansas offense. Our entire roster has been flipped. They have to be developed. That takes time. I'm not saying our coach is perfect or anything. We were so far behind everyone else after Phulmer was fired, Lane Kiffin quit and Dooley was fired. Any coach would have had to do what Butch has done, though I don't believe many could have gotten back to back top 5 classes, while we was on the level of a typical ACC team. We have no choice but to let Butch develope the players he has worked really hard to get. It just seems like common sense to me. Just for the record, I realize that commentators are not knowledgeable of our situation and the remarks that they make are mainly for entertainment.

Isn't it also a scientific fact that if a player hasn't developed by their Junior year that they never will?

Never want him and Vern, Hey Vern ! to ever call another Tennessee game again. I don't need that kind of negativity in my life

How many times did Vern mention "the string of consecutive losses to FL"? 15, 20, 25+ times!!! Please, someone shut him up!

Never want him and Vern, Hey Vern ! to ever call another Tennessee game again. I don't need that kind of negativity in my life

Vern Lundquist makes me want to hurt people. Every time that dam 3:30 CBS broadcast comes on and you here his toad lookin ass start "commentating" it makes me angry inside. This is the image I see standing next to Danielson every saturday at 3:30 since I can remember.

toad.jpg

Attachments

• doak_walker_award_football.jpg
    doak_walker_award_football.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
22 true freshmen. 22 TRUE freshmen. So cry me a ****ing tear jerking river about how florida mixed in 3 redshirt experienced freshmen among a **** ton of nfl ready players.

22 kids fresh off the high school field who had less than 6 college games under them, and had NEVER played an away game before... You can NOT do that.

I know who's making the excuses.

Care to count who Many true freshman we started?

Also can't believe you guys are holding this guy up as some kind of football god. He is having a great year. Good on him he stepped into a good situation. Let's see where he is another three years.

He'll be competing for championships while we're still slopping around hoping to go 6-6 and make a bowl game.

22 true freshmen. 22 TRUE freshmen. So cry me a ****ing tear jerking river about how florida mixed in 3 redshirt experienced freshmen among a **** ton of nfl ready players.

22 kids fresh off the high school field who had less than 6 college games under them, and had NEVER played an away game before... You can NOT do that.

I know who's making the excuses.

So after making the same illegit excuse, you think you "know who's making the excuses". Lol. Newsflash hoss....every team we have played, every team we will play, all have about 22 TRUE freshmen....it's kinda the way college football works what with the annual recruiting classes that are pretty much made up of TRUE freshmen and whatnot.

Reactions: 5 people
So after making the same illegit excuse, you think you "know who's making the excuses". Lol. Newsflash hoss....every team we have played, every team we will play, all have about 22 TRUE freshmen....it's kinda the way college football works what with the annual recruiting classes that are pretty much made up of TRUE freshmen and whatnot.

You gotta give it to him, he's dedicated to his opinion. Never mind that it's been debunked just about every time. I just laugh every time see it now, which is in just about every thread. Maybe they should just give him a sticky or a permanent quote he could just paste. :blink:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back