Special Teams
K -- Austin Hardin, Jorge Powell
P -- Johnny Townsend, Austin Hardin
LS -- Ryan Farr OR Jonathan Haney
H -- Johnny Townsend, Case Harrison
KR -- Brandon Powell, Antonio Callaway
PR -- Antonio Callaway, Brandon Powell

---------------

22 true freshmen. 22 TRUE freshmen. So cry me a ****ing tear jerking river about how florida mixed in 3 redshirt experienced freshmen among a **** ton of nfl ready players.

22 kids fresh off the high school field who had less than 6 college games under them, and had NEVER played an away game before... You can NOT do that.

I know who's making the excuses.

We didn't have much experience on the field at all on offense, especially along the OL. Grier was a RFR with zero experience, and the leading receiver in the UT game, Callaway, is a true freshman.

We started an OL with 10 career starts at the FBS level among the entire group; all 10 starts were by 1 guy, Trip Thurman... none of the others had ever started an FBS game, much less an SEC one.

This is our 2-deep on OL, and their rankings as prospects...

UF OL Depth Chart
LT -- David Sharpe - SO - 4*, Martez Ivey - FR - 5*
LG -- Trip Thurman - RSR - 3*/4*, Travaris Dorsey - RFR - 3*
C -- Cameron Dillard - RSO - 3*, Tyler Jordan - FR - 3*
RG -- Antonio Riles - RSO - 3*, Andrew Mike - RFR - 3*
RT -- Mason Halter - RSR transfer - 0* (1 Offer - Fordham), Fredrick Johnson - FR - 3*

We didn't have much experience on the field at all on offense, especially along the OL. Grier was a RFR with zero experience, and the leading receiver in the UT game, Callaway, is a true freshman.

We started an OL with 10 career starts at the FBS level among the entire group; all 10 starts were by 1 guy, Trip Thurman... none of the others had ever started an FBS game, much less an SEC one.

UF OL Depth Chart
RT -- Mason Halter - RSR transfer - 0* (1 Offer - Fordham), Fredrick Johnson - FR - 3*

Ssshhhhhh. They don't want to hear the truth. They like to believe that the older teams are being mean to us.

UF OL Depth Chart

22 FRESHMAN OUT OF HIGHSCHOOL WITH LESS THAN GAMES UNDER THEM AND NEVER IN A ROAD GAME. What part of that is hard to read?

7 Williams, Preston FR
15 Jennings, Jauan FR
76 Hall, Chance FR
78 Mosley, Charles RS FR
64 Raulerson, Ray RS
66 Jones, Jack
50 Boulware, Venzell FR
51 Richmond, Drew FR
12 Dormady, Quinten FR
5 Phillips, Kyle FR
1 McKenzie, Kahlil FR
34 Kirkland Jr, Darrin FR
4 Miller, Darrell FR
3 Abernathy, Micah FR
27 Townsend, Tommy FR
46 Lovingood, Riley FR

As usual, you need a grown up to do the work for you. These are the guys that are listed as our "depth" chart.

22 FRESHMAN OUT OF HIGHSCHOOL WITH LESS THAN GAMES UNDER THEM AND NEVER IN A ROAD GAME. What part of that is hard to read?

None of it, although I could've still read it without your caps lock being stuck on.

I was specifically refuting this erroneous part of the post...
So cry me a ****ing tear jerking river about how florida mixed in 3 redshirt experienced freshmen among a **** ton of nfl ready players.

7 Williams, Preston FR
15 Jennings, Jauan FR
76 Hall, Chance FR
78 Mosley, Charles RS FR
64 Raulerson, Ray RS
66 Jones, Jack
50 Boulware, Venzell FR
51 Richmond, Drew FR
12 Dormady, Quinten FR
5 Phillips, Kyle FR
1 McKenzie, Kahlil FR
34 Kirkland Jr, Darrin FR
4 Miller, Darrell FR
3 Abernathy, Micah FR
27 Townsend, Tommy FR
46 Lovingood, Riley FR

As usual, you need a grown up to do the work for you. These are the guys that are listed as our "depth" chart.

Well, will you be sure to let us know when you find one and get him on the site so we can have a calm, rational discussion about the topic?

Oh, and btw, the depth chart I listed is only the OL; we have plenty of freshmen on our 2-deep at other positions too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
None of it, although I could've still read it without your caps lock being stuck on.

I was specifically refuting this erroneous part of the post...

Well, will you be sure to let us know when you find one and get him on the site so we can have a calm, rational discussion about the topic?

Oh, and btw, the depth chart I listed is only the OL; we have plenty of freshmen on our 2-deep at other positions too.

Your answer was acceptable and i wasn't targeting you. These guys make me lose my mind. You have a ton of experienced guys too. I mean I understand you are young, and yeah I was late to recognize your new coach but I recognized it before the rest of these guys. Tried to tell them after the UT game but they didn't want to hear it. yes you are younger than the average team. But what is happening to you isn't just given to everyone that steps on the field, it's the outlier, the exception. you are the only team able to do it right now. Teams like UTAH and even MICHIGAN have been building those rosters for ten years. You have it working for you right now and good on you. But don't expect that from every coach and every team ever year... ridiculous. Do you have this much youth? Because we are not fielding our upper classmen, we are fielding our freshmen, and my argument is YOU CAN"T DO THAT and expect to win. It will take time for these guys to get their SEC legs.

2015 Roster
Coaches

No. Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Class Hometown/High School/Last College
1 Jalen Hurd RB 6-4 240 SO Hendersonville, Tenn./Beech Senior
1 Kahlil McKenzie DL 6-3 344 FR Walnut Creek, Calif./Clayton Valley Charter School
2 Shy Tuttle DL 6-2 311 FR Midway, N.C./North Davidson
3 Micah Abernathy DB 6-0 193 FR Atlanta, Ga./Greater Atlanta Christian
3 Josh Malone WR 6-3 197 SO Gallatin, Tenn./Station Camp
4 John Kelly RB 5-9 212 FR Detroit, Mich./Oak Park
4 LaTroy Lewis DL 6-4 256 RS JR Akron, Ohio/Archbishop Hoban
5 Ralph David Abernathy IV RB 5-6 185 RS SR Atlanta, Ga./Westminster School/Cincinnati
5 Kyle Phillips DL 6-4 259 FR Nashville, Tenn./Hillsboro
6 Alvin Kamara RB 5-10 215 RS SO Norcross, Ga./Norcross/Alabama/Hutchinson C.C. (Kansas)
6 Todd Kelly Jr. DB 5-11 208 SO Knoxville, Tenn./Webb School
7 Rashaan Gaulden DB 6-1 178 SO Spring Hill, Tenn./Independence
7 Cameron Sutton DB 5-11 186 JR Jonesboro, Ga./Jonesboro
7 Preston Williams WR 6-4 209 FR Hampton, Ga./Lovejoy
8 Justin Martin DB 6-1 183 SO Antioch, Tenn./Overton/Northeast Oklahoma A&M
8 Marquez North WR 6-3 229 JR Charlotte, N.C./Mallard Creek
9 Derek Barnett DE 6-3 257 SO Nashville, Tenn./Brentwood Academy
9 Von Pearson WR 6-0 183 SR Newport News, Va./Denbigh/Feather River College (Calif.)
10 Patrick Ashford H 6-0 208 RS SR Morristown, Tenn./Morristown West/Carson-Newman
10 Vincent Perry WR 5-10 175 FR Nashville, Tenn./Hillsboro
11 Joshua Dobbs QB 6-3 207 JR Alpharetta, Ga./Alpharetta
11 Austin Smith LB 6-3 236 FR Buford, Ga./Buford
12 Quinten Dormady QB 6-4 216 FR Boerne, Texas/Boerne
12 Emmanuel Moseley DB 5-11 179 SO Greensboro, N.C./Dudley
13 Malik Foreman DB 5-10 178 JR Kingsport, Tenn./Dobyns-Bennett
13 Sheriron Jones QB 6-2 208 FR Perris, Calif./Rancho Verde
14 Zac Jancek QB 6-4 214 FR Knoxville, Tenn./Knoxville Catholic
14 Quart'e Sapp LB 6-2 214 FR Alpharetta, Ga./Milton
15 Jauan Jennings WR 6-3 201 FR Murfreesboro, Tenn./Blackman
17 Dillon Bates LB 6-3 228 RS FR Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla./Ponte Vedra
18 Jason Croom WR 6-5 246 RS JR Norcross, Ga./Norcross
19 Darrell Taylor DL 6-4 230 FR Waverly, Va./Hopewell
20 Cortez McDowell LB 6-0 240 SO Locust Grove, Ga./Locust Grove
21 Jalen Reeves-Maybin LB 6-0 225 JR Clarksville, Tenn./Northeast
21 Joe Young RB 5-11 200 FR Winnsboro, S.C./Fairfield Central
24 Michael Lacey WR 5-7 173 FR Nashville, Tenn./Montgomery Bell Academy
24 Darrell Miller DB 5-10 178 FR Cedar Hill, Texas/Cedar Hill
25 Aaron Medley PK 6-2 189 SO Lewisburg, Tenn./Marshall County
25 Josh Smith WR 6-1 216 RS SO Knoxville, Tenn./Christian Academy of Knoxville
26 Stephen Griffin DB 6-2 200 FR Charlotte, N.C./South Mecklenburg
27 Tommy Townsend P 6-1 195 FR Orlando, Fla./Boone
28 Will Martinez WR 5-8 184 SO Knoxville, Tenn./Knoxville Catholic
28 David Priddy DB 5-10 170 RS JR Hendersonville, Tenn./Hendersonville
29 Evan Berry DB 5-11 207 SO Fairburn, Ga./Creekside
30 Holden Foster K 6-0 180 JR Dickson, Tenn./Dickson County/Sewanne
30 Devin Williams DB 5-8 184 RS JR Knoxville, Tenn./Austin-East
31 Nate Renfro P 6-1 205 RS SR Brentwood, Tenn./Brentwood Academy/Maryland
33 LaDarrell McNeil DB 6-1 209 SR Dallas, Texas/Wilmer-Hutchins
34 Darrin Kirkland Jr. LB 6-1 224 FR Indianapolis, Ind./Lawrence Central
35 MaLeik Gatewood DB 5-10 189 FR Memphis, Tenn./Memphis University School
36 Gavin Bryant LB 6-0 238 RS FR Jackson, Ala./Jackson
37 Brian Randolph DB 6-0 200 RS SR Marietta, Ga./Kell
37 Jayson Sparks RB 5-7 187 RS SO Loganville, Ga./Grayson
38 Jaye Rochell WR 6-2 210 RS JR Norcross, Ga./Wesleyan School
39 Alex Jones PK 5-5 139 FR Knoxville, Tenn./Knoxville Catholic
39 Kendal Vickers DL 6-3 286 RS SO Havelock, N.C./Havelock
40 Dimarya Mixon DL 6-4 259 SO Compton, Calif./West Mesquite (Texas)
41 Elliott Berry LB 5-11 222 SO Fairburn, Ga./Creekside
42 Chris Weatherd DL/LB 6-2 226 SR Carrollton, Texas/Creekview/Trinity Valley C.C.
43 Laszlo Toser PK 5-8 181 FR Ooltewah, Tenn./Ooltewah
44 Jakob Johnson TE 6-3 240 SO Stuttgart, Germany/Jean Ribault (Fla.)
46 Max Arnold DB 5-11 193 RS SR McKenzie, Tenn./McKenzie
46 Riley Lovingood LS 6-0 209 FR Hendersonville, Tenn./Beech Senior
47 Landon Knoll LB 6-3 217 FR Nashville, Tenn./Father Ryan
47 Joe Stocstill TE 6-2 234 RS JR Lewisburg, Tenn./Cornersville
48 Alex Ellis TE 6-5 240 RS SR Delmar, Del./Delmar
48 DaJour Maddox LB 5-11 210 FR Stone Mountain, Ga./Druid Hills
50 Venzell Boulware OL 6-3 306 FR Union City, Ga./Creekside
50 Corey Vereen DL 6-2 249 JR Winter Garden, Fla./West Orange
51 Kenny Bynum LB 6-1 227 RS JR Jacksonville, Fla./Raines
51 Drew Richmond OL 6-5 301 FR Memphis, Tenn./Memphis University School
52 Andrew Butcher DL 6-2 257 FR Alpharetta, Ga./Alpharetta
52 Elijah Medford LS RS FR Burlington, N.C./Walter Williams
53 Will Bradshaw LS 6-4 219 RS SO Dyersburg, Tenn./Dyersburg
53 Colton Jumper LB 6-2 224 SO Lookout Mountain, Tenn./Baylor School/The Hun School (NJ)
55 Quay Picou DL 6-1 266 FR Sugar Hill, Ga./Buford
55 Coleman Thomas OL 6-5 301 SO Max Meadows, Va./Fort Chiswell
56 Curt Maggitt LB/DL 6-4 252 RS SR West Palm Beach, Fla./Dwyer
57 Mack Crowder OL 6-2 293 RS SR Bristol, Tenn./Tennessee HS
58 Aaron Adams OL 6-4 290 RS SO Gray, Tenn./Daniel Boone
58 Owen Williams DL 6-0 297 RS SR Macon, Ga./Westside/Butler C.C. (Kan.)
59 Matt Giampapa LS 6-1 217 RS SR Jackson, Tenn./Univ. School of Jackson/Michigan State
60 Austin Sanders OL 6-5 318 RS SO Cleveland, Tenn./Bradley Central
63 Brett Kendrick OL 6-6 318 RS SO Knoxville, Tenn./Christian Academy of Knoxville
64 Ray Raulerson OL 6-4 287 RS FR Tampa, Fla./Plant Senior
65 Clay Keaton OL 6-6 297 FR Knoxville, Tenn./Grace Christian Academy
66 Jack Jones OL 6-4 307 FR Murfreesboro, Tenn./Oakland
67 Joe Keeler OL 6-6 275 FR Arden, N.C./Christ School
69 Jonathan Reynolds OL 6-3 270 RS SO Smyrna, Tenn./Smyrna
71 Dylan Wiesman OL 6-4 304 JR Cincinnati, Ohio/Colerain
74 Dontavius Blair OL 6-7 294 RS JR Anniston, Ala./Anniston/Garden City C.C. (Kan.)
75 Marcus Jackson OL 6-2 316 RS SR Vero Beach, Fla./Vero Beach
75 Jashon Robertson OL 6-3 315 SO Nashville, Tenn./Montgomery Bell Academy
76 Chance Hall OL 6-4 318 FR Roanoke, Va./Northside
77 Kyler Kerbyson OL 6-4 318 RS SR Knoxville, Tenn./Knoxville Catholic
78 Charles Mosley OL 6-4 348 RS FR Brighton, Tenn./Brighton
79 Thomas Edwards OL 6-4 315 RS SO Kingsport, Tenn./Dobyns-Bennett
80 Eli Wolf TE 6-4 216 FR Minster, Ohio/Minster
81 Johnathon Johnson WR 5-8 184 SR Friendswood, Texas/Friendswood/Blinn College
82 Ethan Wolf TE 6-6 245 SO Minster, Ohio/Minster
83 Cody Blanc WR 6-2 206 RS JR Knoxville, Tenn./Knoxville Central
84 Adrian Gamble WR 6-1 166 RS JR Charlotte, N.C./Independence/Fork Union Military Acad./Virginia
87 Logan Fetzner WR 5-9 182 RS SO Cleveland, Tenn./Bradley Central
88 Neiko Creamer TE 6-3 233 RS FR Wilmington, Del./Eastern Christian Academy (Md.)
89 Will Jumper TE 6-2 206 FR Lookout Mountain, Tenn./Baylor School
90 Charles Folger DL 6-4 249 RS JR Augusta, Ga./Lincoln County
93 Trevor Daniel P 6-1 248 RS SO Dickson, Tenn./Dickson County
94 Tyler Stokes DL 6-1 274 RS FR Knoxville, Tenn./Fulton
95 Danny O'Brien DL 6-2 301 RS JR Flint, Mich./Powers Catholic
96 Trevarris Saulsberry DL 6-4 308 RS SR Gainesville, Fla./Gainesville
97 Paul Bain DL 6-3 260 RS FR Powder Springs, Ga./Hillgrove/Tusculum
97 George Bullock PK 6-1 213 RS JR Knoxville, Tenn./West

Your answer was acceptable and i wasn't targeting you. These guys make me lose my mind. You have a ton of experienced guys too. I mean I understand you are young, and yeah I was late to recognize your new coach but I recognized it before the rest of these guys. Tried to tell them after the UT game but they didn't want to hear it. yes you are younger than the average team. But what is happening to you isn't just given to everyone that steps on the field, it's the outlier, the exception. you are the only team able to do it right now. Teams like UTAH and even MICHIGAN have been building those rosters for ten years. You have it working for you right now and good on you. But don't expect that from every coach and every team ever year... ridiculous. Do you have this much youth? Because we are not fielding our upper classmen, we are fielding our freshmen, and my argument is YOU CAN"T DO THAT and expect to win. It will take time for these guys to get their SEC legs.

Don't get me wrong, you guys have some significant obstacles to overcome; and making multiple bad hires in a row compounds the problem.

I won't pretend to know more about CBJ than Vols fans (although my cousin is a recently graduated scholarship athlete at UT); but from an outsider's perspective he reminds me of Muschamp... so set in his ways and inflexible that a specific group (offense in our case) failed to develop and improve at all.

QB's and WR's suffered so much, they almost didn't even need to be on the field except as blockers, runners, and guys to hand the ball off to RB's.

Anybody who really followed cfb closely knew Mac was going to be a good coach and rebuild our offense, and adding Nuss was a bonus. Those 2 guys were responsible for 3 NC offenses and built some questionable QB's into reliable winners. And the only coach Mac retained from CWM's staff was OL coach Summers, and now we know why; that guy has turned the most inexperienced and least regarded OL in UF history into a decent unit that builds confidence off their improvement every game... can't say enough about that guy.

I don't typically put much stock into what Finebaum says, but when the news broke that Mac was coming to UF, he said...

Paul Finebaum
✔
@finebaum

In Jim McElwain, I think Jeremy Foley just hired the next Urban Meyer at Florida.
10:30 AM - 4 Dec 2014

Obviously it's waaay to early to go there; but there's no question that he and Nuss have resurrected an offense that never really was short on playmakers; they just never got coached or used by the previous staff... we were lucky the previous staff could still land talented QB's and WR's when they could see he wasn't doing anything in the passing game.

A coach has to be able to adapt and alter his plans sometimes when his roster, his opponent, or both aren't ideal... can't just beat that square peg into the round hole. Muschamp never got that.

Meyer understood that, which is why in his 1st season at UF he and Mullen could only install 60% of their offense... they didn't have the right guys to completely run his spread; but his ability to adapt allowed him to go 9-3 in season 1.

There are still some games on this year's schedule that give CBJ an opportunity to prove he's learned that and showcase his abilities, starting this weekend; and for the sake of Vols fans, I hope y'all get that signature win that builds that all-too-important confidence... confidence, energy, and momentum go a long way.

Never want him and Vern, Hey Vern ! to ever call another Tennessee game again. I don't need that kind of negativity in my life

Vern has got to retire. He's been the SEC warhorse for decades, but now he makes so many elementary mistakes on a broadcast (down, distance, flags, jersey numbers, etc) that Danielson has to spend 3/4 of his air time just correcting Vern's errors.

Vern then lamely jokes about his effups, nyuck, nyuck.."thanks for correcting me, there, Gary...har har..." It's a joke. I'm not even sure he can still see the field or the monitors.

The other day he insisted multiple times that there was a flag on the field after a kickoff.....it was a cleat, forchrissakes. Vern kept calling it a flag even after the camera homed in on the orange show lying on the turf. :blink:

Vern is waaaay past time to be put to pasture...his job now is apparently to tell "Unca Vern" SEC war stories while Danielson does the work of two in the game actually taking place. He's become an embarrassment to his profession.

Macklewayne has no idea how they're winning, he looks as amazed as the rest of us, he doesn't want to take credit for that defense, n xt year will be a different story, experience can't be coached.

VN Store

Back