No wrong doing (says UTK Chancellor)

I have little to no confidence in Cheek and Hart. So, their statement may or may not be true. Either way, they have put it to bed.

Reactions: 2 people
Where is MedicT and GAVol?

I was apparently an idiot for thinking the AD's office or someone should chime in to shut this thing down in that rumors thread.

board of trustees was scheduled to meet today and tomorrow. In the real world, you tell your bosses before you tell the press and the rest of the world...Just saying...

Can't say I know the chain of command in Knoxville. I equate it to bringing in the consultants and discussing the company being sold, moved, etc. without telling the employees. In the absence of communication rumors will abound. You can let us know what is going on without details before it is finished.

Stokes did nothing wrong. He was not irresponsible. Also, because Cheek says they didn't find wrongdoing doesn't mean there wasn't wrongdoing. They just didn't find it. There is more to this story and I am guessing this isn't the last you hear of it.

Please go away....go far far away. I refuse to let you and your ilk destroy my beloved program.

Reactions: 11 people
Rumor is that this is a cover up.

There are people who know other people and these other people have seen/heard things that no one else knows about. Except for the people who were told those secret things by the other people they know. If the University remains silent about these new allegations, that is a sure sign there is substance to the secret rumors. If the University makes more statements, that is an even worse sign that something definitely happened. At this point all we can say is that there is, in fact, a cover up of something secretive and that the future actions will determine to what extent the cover up exists and how bad the fallout will be. My only hope is that the guilty will be punished before further damage is done.

That horse has been whooped. Y'all have been exposed as **** stirrers. I know y'all want to try to make your point legit, but it will never happen. Because the act in question never happened. Boro and Steeler have started a mass cancerous tumor on this site and have 0 to back it up. Now the University makes official statements and of course they try to clean their image up... They try to paint a picture of a cover up. THERE WAS NO COVER UP.. Take responsibility for your actions. Be accountable. Be a man! GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Can't say I know the chain of command in Knoxville. I equate it to bringing in the consultants and discussing the company being sold, moved, etc. without telling the employees. In the absence of communication rumors will abound. You can let us know what is going on without details before it is finished.

I disagree with you on this. You can't do what you stated in the corporate world. I've been involved in a couple situations like you propose above. You don't "leak" anything.

I have little to no confidence in Cheek and Hart. So, their statement may or may not be true. Either way, they have put it to bed.

This is where I am. Like it or not we have our official Vol statement and I'm a Vol fan so until something to the contrary comes to light I'm good.

BEAT GEORGIA!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Please go away....go far far away. I refuse to let you and your ilk destroy my beloved program.

LOL, are you blind, deaf or dumb? The program has been in shambles for years. You know what destroys a program? Bad coaching and a fan base that turns a blind eye to poor player treatment. You think the "nega"vols are going to hurt recruiting? You know what hurts recruiting? Having former Vols and Bearcats tweeting of their poor treatment under Butch Jones. Having sports commentators make Butch Jones a punchline repeatedly in all forms of media. Some of you need to wake up.

Reactions: 14 people
That horse has been whooped. Y'all have been exposed as **** stirrers. I know y'all want to try to make your point legit, but it will never happen. Because the act in question never happened. Boro and Steeler have started a mass cancerous tumor on this site and have 0 to back it up. Now the University makes official statements and of course they try to clean their image up... They try to paint a picture of a cover up. THERE WAS NO COVER UP.. Take responsibility for your actions. Be accountable. Be a man! GO VOLS!!!

This info was not mine....check the posts. I was just in the discussion.

There are people who know other people and these other people have seen/heard things that no one else knows about. Except for the people who were told those secret things by the other people they know. If the University remains silent about these new allegations, that is a sure sign there is substance to the secret rumors. If the University makes more statements, that is an even worse sign that something definitely happened. At this point all we can say is that there is, in fact, a cover up of something secretive and that the future actions will determine to what extent the cover up exists and how bad the fallout will be. My only hope is that the guilty will be punished before further damage is done.

this statement is some convoluted bs

Sounds paranoid...so you MUST be on to something! :wink2:

Well you're not innocent my friend... It's like VN suicide to spread rumors without evidence. Steeler may have started it, but everyone else helped it spread...

Good grief...I took part in the debate. Lots of people did. That's what this is....a board for discussion and debate.

I don't know if it's true, I don't know if there is a coverup....but with this carpetbagger administration, and their do-boy head football coach, we'll never know.

At least I wasnt on the side disparaging Mack Crowder and his family.

Reactions: 8 people
I disagree with you on this. You can't do what you stated in the corporate world. I've been involved in a couple situations like you propose above. You don't "leak" anything.

As have I, on both sides of the table and in both situations. The worst was when the owners didn't tell us anything. We weren't oblivious to what was going on behind the scenes so we made up our own narrative. Kind of like what happened here. I've also had the owner (and been the owner) that was upfront with everyone throughout the entire process. It doesn't mean you give a play by play but I can assure you that open communication keeps things in check. Ignoring the obvious does the opposite.

Crowder has now said we need to move along. Regardless of what the university says about its due diligence, if Crowder wanted to pursue this,he would not have tweeted this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-08-13-30-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-08-13-30-31.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: 11 people
Stokes did nothing wrong. He was not irresponsible. Also, because Cheek says they didn't find wrongdoing doesn't mean there wasn't wrongdoing. They just didn't find it. There is more to this story and I am guessing this isn't the last you hear of it.
Stokes and Cheek can both be right. There could have been an "altercation" that was not considered inappropriate. My issue with Stokes is that when the internet turned the story into a punch he stood by and let the fire spread. He could have easily said "whoa, I never said a punch was thrown", but to my knowledge, he didn't.

LOL x infinity at the people who thought my first post in this thread was serious, or a continuation of conspiracy theories, or anything other than a playful jab at those loveable "insiders" who post dribble, nonsense, rumor, and innuendo.

Reactions: 9 people
LOL x infinity at the people who thought my first post in this thread was serious, or a continuation of conspiracy theories, or anything other than a playful jab at those loveable "insiders" who post dribble, nonsense, rumor, and innuendo.
Whatever. Your back peddling clearly shows you are now part of the cover up.

It's interesting to see how the booger-eating carpetbagger has become the hero of the day, and the most trusted man in Knoxville upon the release of this "news".

You, sir, have a gift for entertainment via rumor. I applaud you, Boro.

The program is crumbling! Neyland is losing its facade brick by brick, S-W Field has a giant sinkhole that swallowed the General's statue, all because of a post on VolNation.com; there's no stopping it now. It's been destroyed!

VN Store

Back