No wrong doing (says UTK Chancellor)

Rumor is that this is a cover up.

There are people who know other people and these other people have seen/heard things that no one else knows about. Except for the people who were told those secret things by the other people they know. If the University remains silent about these new allegations, that is a sure sign there is substance to the secret rumors. If the University makes more statements, that is an even worse sign that something definitely happened. At this point all we can say is that there is, in fact, a cover up of something secretive and that the future actions will determine to what extent the cover up exists and how bad the fallout will be. My only hope is that the guilty will be punished before further damage is done.

Source?

Good grief...I took part in the debate. Lots of people did. That's what this is....a board for discussion and debate.

I don't know if it's true, I don't know if there is a coverup....but with this carpetbagger administration, and their do-boy head football coach, we'll never know.

At least I wasnt on the side disparaging Mack Crowder and his family.

Mack Crowder is terrible and always has been. He thought he was good, and when a sophomore took his place he got his feelings hurt. Shoulda kicked him off the team at that point.College Football doesn't have room for babies with momma's boy syndrome. If anything DID happen it's because MC opened that door. Act like a B!tch n you'll get treated like one. There's stories like this all over the place. If mack woulda acted like someone with maturity and a little self-respect we wouldn't have this dumpster fire of a rumor floating around!

Reactions: 1 person
LOL x infinity at the people who thought my first post in this thread was serious, or a continuation of conspiracy theories, or anything other than a playful jab at those loveable "insiders" who post dribble, nonsense, rumor, and innuendo.

I was laughing so hard at your original post that I thought others were playing along.
Then I realized that they were serious.:hmm:

Reactions: 4 people
latest

Speculation in the past week has focused on a potential incident between Tennessee head coach Butch Jones and one of his players — fifth-year senior offensive lineman Mack Crowder — during a preseason camp practice, but Cheek said during UT’s annual Board of Trustees meeting that he and athletic director Dave Hart have done their “due diligence” into the matter and found nothing substantial.

:question: Hmmm. That sounds familiar...OH YEAH!

Coach Donnie Tyndall 'learned from' NCAA case at Morehead State | Times Free Press
athletic director Dave Hart said Tennessee did its due diligence looking into Tyndall's past NCAA trouble.

Wow. UT's due diligence sucks.

Reactions: 9 people
Mack Crowder is terrible and always has been. He thought he was good, and when a sophomore took his place he got his feelings hurt. Shoulda kicked him off the team at that point.College Football doesn't have room for babies with momma's boy syndrome. If anything DID happen it's because MC opened that door. Act like a B!tch n you'll get treated like one. There's stories like this all over the place. If mack woulda acted like someone with maturity and a little self-respect we wouldn't have this dumpster fire of a rumor floating around!

I find this post to be inspirational and heartfelt.

Spoken like a true Vol fan.

Reactions: 2 people
Stokes and Cheek can both be right. There could have been an "altercation" that was not considered inappropriate. My issue with Stokes is that when the internet turned the story into a punch he stood by and let the fire spread. He could have easily said "whoa, I never said a punch was thrown", but to my knowledge, he didn't.
I'm pretty sure he did on something I read but have read so much can't remember. But it was in response to a tweet or something.

The issue boils down to term "substantial". Which I take to mean they're willing to bet the evidence would stand up to scrutiny or won't ever come to be scrutinized. There are still many questions if one were interested in going CSI on it. I'm sure stuff like this goes one all the time so I'm willing to neither condemn nor condone and look forward to beating GA. That would do wonders for everyone.

Crowder has now said we need to move along. Regardless of what the university says about its due diligence, if Crowder wanted to pursue this,he would not have tweeted this.

I find it interesting that Crowder says nothing about the incident. Why didn't he tweet there was no truth to the rumors, lets go kick UGa's butt.

I find it interesting that Crowder says nothing about the incident. Why didn't he tweet there was no truth to the rumors, lets go kick UGa's butt.

It's all part of the conspiracy! :scare:

Reactions: 1 person
Crowder has now said we need to move along. Regardless of what the university says about its due diligence, if Crowder wanted to pursue this,he would not have tweeted this.

SEE!! Now Mack Crowder is lying just to make the program look good. Cheek, Hart, and all of the coaches should be fired and Crowder should lose his scholarship for making Seth Stokes and the others look bad!:whistling:

It didn't work out for him, so now he has no choice but to save face.

Exactly. There isn't one, never was one, and will never be one. This false rumor is dead along with the people's credibility who pushed it.

The rumor of a physical confrontation has not been proven true OR false. Its still out there as a rumor. But Crowder has said he isn't going to make an issue of it, regardless. At this point, those trying to "investigate" the rumor and those trying to hang the investigators (ie, Stokes) are both barking up the wrong tree.

IMO? SOMETHING happened. It was handled quietly, Crowder is satisfied with how it was handled, and there is now no need to pursue it further from either side.

Reactions: 5 people
Someone needs to post the list of chit stirrers so we will know never to trust their "sources" again. Also, maybe a * next to the OG's also. Fool me once..fool me twice..lmao

I wonder how hard Jones had to beat him to get him to make that tweet? :crazy:

VN Store

Back