No wrong doing (says UTK Chancellor)

The rumor of a physical confrontation has not been proven true OR false. Its still out there as a rumor. But Crowder has said he isn't going to make an issue of it, regardless. At this point, those trying to "investigate" the rumor and those trying to hang the investigators (ie, Stokes) are both barking up the wrong tree.

IMO? SOMETHING happened. It was handled quietly, Crowder is satisfied with how it was handled, and there is now no need to pursue it further from either side.

Butch ran steps.

Good grief...I took part in the debate. Lots of people did. That's what this is....a board for discussion and debate.

I don't know if it's true, I don't know if there is a coverup....but with this carpetbagger administration, and their do-boy head football coach, we'll never know.

At least I wasnt on the side disparaging Mack Crowder and his family.

You're disgruntled and want Butch gone...that boat's full. My faith has been hate crimed and I'm looking for some kind of indication that my prior support was not wasted. But when you're so eager to find Butch's exit sign that you jump into this one with both feet? To the point that you call his straightforward "That's ridiculous" as a nondenial? You're pushing too hard to get to a place we all end up at...IF Butch isn't the guy.

Reactions: 4 people
Mack Crowder is terrible and always has been. He thought he was good, and when a sophomore took his place he got his feelings hurt. Shoulda kicked him off the team at that point.College Football doesn't have room for babies with momma's boy syndrome. If anything DID happen it's because MC opened that door. Act like a B!tch n you'll get treated like one. There's stories like this all over the place. If mack woulda acted like someone with maturity and a little self-respect we wouldn't have this dumpster fire of a rumor floating around!

Way to cheapshot the athlete. Nobody knows what happened, yet Butch gets the benefit of the doubt, not the player.

Newsflash....Crowder will be a VFL long after Butch has gone back to coordinating in the MAC. Be mindful....Butch, and every other coach who didn't play here, is a mercenary....a $4 million mercenary.

Reactions: 7 people
The rumor of a physical confrontation has not been proven true OR false. Its still out there as a rumor. But Crowder has said he isn't going to make an issue of it, regardless. At this point, those trying to "investigate" the rumor and those trying to hang the investigators (ie, Stokes) are both barking up the wrong tree.

IMO? SOMETHING happened. It was handled quietly, Crowder is satisfied with how it was handled, and there is now no need to pursue it further from either side.

Everything you described already took place a month ago. This was simply someone looking for attention

Reactions: 3 people
Way to cheapshot the athlete. Nobody knows what happened, yet Butch gets the benefit of the doubt, not the player.

Newsflash....Crowder will be a VFL long after Butch has gone back to coordinating in the MAC. Be mindful....Butch, and every other coach who didn't play here, is a mercenary....a $4 million mercenary.

Rod Wilks still bitter?

Someone needs to post the list of chit stirrers so we will know never to trust their "sources" again. Also, maybe a * next to the OG's also. Fool me once..fool me twice..lmao

Are you suggesting we name names?? Make a list of the offenders and confine then to their own lesser board!

Personally, I'm glad we finally have the seeds of a damn dictatorship. Honestly, which one of you didn't think volnation was headed this way?

You're disgruntled and want Butch gone...that boat's full. My faith has been hate crimed and I'm looking for some kind of indication that my prior support was not wasted. But when you're so eager to find Butch's exit sign that you jump into this one with both feet? To the point that you call his straightforward "That's ridiculous" as a nondenial? You're pushing too hard to get to a place we all end up at...IF Butch isn't the guy.

I'm done explaining or defending my position on that. You and everyone are free to make whatever determination you wish. I've not been ambiguous in anything I've said on the matter.

Reactions: 1 person
Mack Crowder is terrible and always has been. He thought he was good, and when a sophomore took his place he got his feelings hurt. Shoulda kicked him off the team at that point.College Football doesn't have room for babies with momma's boy syndrome. If anything DID happen it's because MC opened that door. Act like a B!tch n you'll get treated like one. There's stories like this all over the place. If mack woulda acted like someone with maturity and a little self-respect we wouldn't have this dumpster fire of a rumor floating around!

Why are we throwing the kid under the bus again? Sounds like he did nothing to substantiate the rumor. It was an argument that got overblown between a coach and a player. Appears both have moved past it since Mack still plays for Jones. So again why are we banging on the kid if Jones is fine with him?

It's all part of the conspiracy! :scare:

You know it!
But they can't stay around and continue to prove to the sheep that it's a major cover-up. After all, they have it on good authority that there's new proof that the moon landing was faked. Bigger fish to fry imo. :)

He doesn't need my help, but SteelerVol did not stir chit. If you had bothered to read anything he actually said, you would realize that.

Why are you covering up for SteelerVol? It doesn't matter what he actually said. Some want him gone so we will manufacture whatever it takes to get it done!!

You were there? Cool!

At least the Gruden rumors left us a gift with the "soon" meme.

Anyone else disappointed punch-gate left us nothing redeeming?

Stokes did nothing wrong. He was not irresponsible. Also, because Cheek says they didn't find wrongdoing doesn't mean there wasn't wrongdoing. They just didn't find it. There is more to this story and I am guessing this isn't the last you hear of it.

Volgr.... I give you credit. You surely stick to your position... even in the face of overwhelming fact you stand by your man. :crazy:

Reactions: 3 people
It's been a tough week on Rocky Top. The Vols and their fans need to put this in the review mirror and get ready to whip some Bulldawg butt!

If bUTch treated Crowder in a real bad way, I don't mean making him run extra laps and I don't mean yelling at him, then it could affect recruiting. Doudt he is another Bobby Knight though. However; Daniel Helm did transfer to Duke because of harsh treatment. Guess he wanted to be treated like his coach in Pee Wee football.

Daniel Helm transfered to Duke to play for one of the best G--Damn coaches in America.

Reactions: 5 people
Volgr.... I give you credit. You surely stick to your position... even in the face of overwhelming fact you stand by your man. :crazy:

Funny how the people invested in the rumor always fall back to "something went on", "we're not getting the whole story" nonsense once the rumor is debunked.

Reactions: 6 people
For everyone still grabbing at this rumor to being true...WHY??? What is your F'N problem?

Butch denied it.
Azzani Denied it.
Cheek and Hart investigated and found nothing.
Mack hasn't said a SINGLE THING other than support for our team and university.

Your hopes and dreams of this rumor becoming real are being help up by a young journalist WITH NO SOURCES.

Seriously what do you want??? Are you DELUSIONAL????

Reactions: 5 people
Rumor is that this is a cover up.

There are people who know other people and these other people have seen/heard things that no one else knows about. Except for the people who were told those secret things by the other people they know. If the University remains silent about these new allegations, that is a sure sign there is substance to the secret rumors. If the University makes more statements, that is an even worse sign that something definitely happened. At this point all we can say is that there is, in fact, a cover up of something secretive and that the future actions will determine to what extent the cover up exists and how bad the fallout will be. My only hope is that the guilty will be punished before further damage is done.

fyp.... the more I read it, the more I see the sarcasm, the more I laugh,, some classic lines....

really one of my all-time fav posts!

Last edited:
Funny how the people invested in the rumor always fall back to "something went on", "we're not getting the whole story" nonsense once the rumor is debunked.

Must have been a cover up.

It's been a tough week on Rocky Top. The Vols and their fans need to put this in the review mirror and get ready to whip some Bulldawg butt!

We are reviewing it, over and over and over and.......

VN Store

Back