mad about the win/expectations/fan vs fan debate (merged)

UT went into a hostile environment and physically whipped a very physical team in less than desirable weather. Many of you complaining picked UT to lose. Yet you're still complaining. They have a damned fine defense and we kept them on the field and wore them down. It was a very good win for this team.
No matter how much you dislike the coaches, to complain about this game is just idiotic.

Cheap booze is my theory. If you ever wonder who buys all of the low-price nasty stuff you see in the store, just take a look at the negavol posts on VN.

Reactions: 2 people
Who is unhappy? Sure, there's some negative comments in the game thread. Many posters, including myself make them at that moment in the game, but I can't imagine there's legit vol fans that are disappointed right now.

I don't see how someone can even intelligently discuss the game if they are running back and forth posting on a message board. I will say though, this board came to life several weeks ago when we played Georgia and I was in a sports bar watching the game. Several knuckleheads were calling for Butch to be let go. I laughed and asked if we had a bullpen where we could bring in the next coach mid game. Of course we came back and won.

The sad part was, the same fans weren't really that happy with the win. They got some stupid notion in their head about firing Butch, felt justified at the time, and felt bad for looking like dolts by the end of the game. I think some of you would be well advised to wait until games are completed and seasons are completed to get a total picture of the state of our program. This kneejerk reaction bs will never allow us to rebuild a program. Good thing that some of the loudest voices have a very minimal say in the matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
UT went into a hostile environment and physically whipped a very physical team in less than desirable weather. Many of you complaining picked UT to lose. Yet you're still complaining. They have a damned fine defense and we kept them on the field and wore them down. It was a very good win for this team.
No matter how much you dislike the coaches, to complain about this game is just idiotic.

These are the same whiners who would have been thrilled with 7 wins three years ago!

Reactions: 1 person
WAKE UP!!!

ReaderVol is getting the WIN he started this thread to get.

He wanted more likes and he's getting LOADS of likes to make himself feel better.

He wanted to stir the pot and cause more VN drama and he's WON at that too.

If you people want to give out loads of likes then click my thumbs up button because I love more likes too, LOL!

FACT is that psychiatrists have said for decades that negative minded people are always unhappy and need things to whine, cry and b*tch about and they always will.

Drama kings/queens and attention seekers always need more and more attention and always will.

Feeding them is just as bad as feeding the Trolls from other teams.

BE HAPPY!!!

We just WON a game against the 8th ranked D in the country.

Mizzou had all the emotions and weather going for them and despite many things set up against us and several talking head morons picking Mizzou to win it we denied them and we took that WIN despite everything.

That was a GREAT road WIN, a great SEC WIN and we killed another losing streak and started a WIN streak of our own!

I'm really happy and especially happy that Hurd went over 1,000 yards like he's worked hard to earn and deserves.

I hope Hurd runs for over 200 yards against the really good D of the Candybilt commode doors.

I feel sorry for people that choose to always be negative minded and I hope they get over it so they can have a happier life.

Be happy folks, We WON, We WON, We WON!!!

YEEEE HAAAA!!!

Now remember to click my thumbs up button over there ---->

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 3 people
WAKE UP!!!

He wanted more likes and he's getting LOADS of likes to make himself feel better.

If you people want to give out loads of likes then click my thumbs up button because I love more likes too, LOL!

FACT is that psychiatrists have said for decades that negative minded people are always unhappy and need things to whine, cry and b*tch about and they always will.

Drama kings/queens and attention seekers always need more and more attention and always will.

BE HAPPY!!!

Mizzou had all the emotions and weather going for them and despite many things set up against us and several talking head morons picking Mizzou to win it we denied them and we took that WIN despite everything.

That was a GREAT road WIN, a great SEC WIN and we killed another losing streak and started a WIN streak of our own!

I'm really happy and especially happy that Hurd went over 1,000 yards like he's worked hard to earn and deserves.

I hope Hurd runs for over 200 yards against the really good D of the Candybilt commode doors.

I feel sorry for people that choose to always be negative minded and I hope they get over it so they can have a happier life.

YEEEE HAAAA!!!

So... you're upset and felt the need to attack me because I asked why some of our fans are mad that we won?
Ok, thanks Dr Phil that makes a LOT of sense.

Reactions: 5 people
It's a solid win. SEC games on the road are never easy. I think alot of angst comes from some who feel the team could've been even better. Games vs Ark, OK, and Fla were all games that should have been wins and we're sitting here at 10-1. That could've easily happened. THAT is a huge positive that this team IS good enough to have that record. In fact it took total meltdowns to make it 7-4 and not 10-1. Heck, the Bama game was almost a win.

And Georgia and SC could have ended up being losses. You can play that "woulda, coulda, shoulda" both ways.

If we close out Vandy as we should, I don't know how anybody couldn't be happy with 8-4, and more importantly 5-3. We haven't seen these kinds of records in NINE years. We have spent a long time in the wilderness.

Butch has this program on the right track IMO.

Not complaining. One win away from being where I thought they would be at the beginning of the season.

Some games have to be fought in the old Tennessee style.

General Neyland would've been proud of that work last night.

Man we are sooooo close to being the kind of physically-tough, technically-strong team Neyland used to field on a regular basis. Excellent on defense and special teams with an offense that doesn't make turnovers or penalties.

Almost there. Offense is the last piece of the puzzle.

I can't wait until next week's "why are you mad we beat Vandy" thread. Another thread that will acknowledge nega land

I guess because we didn't throw for over 200 yards. I have no clue how anyone could watch us dominate the game for 4 quarters and complain. 8 regular season wins. Last time we saw that CPF was coaching. I am pleased with a winning SEC record, breaking 2 losing streaks of 3 and 5 years, having a thousand yard rusher, and the defense coming to play.

next year we beat the fish heads and end that streak lol

WAKE UP!!!

BE HAPPY!!!

YEEEE HAAAA!!!

2 long 2 like

I believe it is time to say goodbye to our wonderful negavols. In all seriousness, you have helped us through a season that for the most part I would love to forget. Whether it was a legendary coach slipping, a new coach leaving on a midnight plane, making fun of the biggest coaching hire mistake of all time in Dooley, or helping us transition to Butch, you were always there. You were there to remind us of what was going wrong, making us laugh at times we really wanted to break something or someone. Honestly, without reading some of your posts, I may have not followed as closely or cared as much. My point is that you brought great value to this forum and all of volnation.
However, we have moved into a different era. Butch has changed things around. Other than a scrappy Arkansas team, we lost barely to three teams that are all fighting for spots in the final four playoff (two of which will most likely make it). Even with all the injuries and final drive collapses this season, we are poised to make a run next year. So, while we will always have loses out in the future, mostly we will be winning and while its hard for you to let go of the good ol' bad times, critiquing how we win just isn't that funny or worth any real value anymore. So, I would like to offer a fond farewell to my negavol brethren. Perhaps there will be another season out in the future where we will need your posts, but here's hoping that it will be awhile.
:clapping::cray:

Reactions: 37 people
Butch Jones absolutely has this program moving in the right direction. So excited about the upcoming years!!!

lol you could spin that the other way just as well

"let's be honest, you just wanted the vols to lose soooo bad so you could call Butch a terrible coach"

Good God almighty, nobody on this site save for the resident gators and bammers WANT UT to lose!!! Anyone that's still a UT fan after the last 8 years of SLAW on the field is a true fan.

VN Store

Back