mad about the win/expectations/fan vs fan debate (merged)

I am a neutravol. I expect more and have been waiting for positive improvement for some time. My only hope at this point is that the staff have not reached their ceiling. My thoughts for this season were 7-5/8-4 they have met and could have exceeded if not for the coaching blunders in 1 game this year we would be sitting SEC east champs for 2015.

Reactions: 7 people
Who has said the team played perfect? And it is funny that many of the ones upset picked UT to lose. So, if they can start threads about how crappy we are, some of us can start threads about how well we played. What's wrong with being happy?

What's wrong with being happy with the win and attempting to discuss the concerns some have about the team and coaching? Yet, anytime someone tries to have a discussion, here you come screeching about coach hate. Criticism and concern does not automatically translate to hate. You say that some people's hate of Butch outweighs their love of the Vols but one could argue that your love of Butch outweighs your Vol support.

Reactions: 7 people
I can't wait until next week's "why are you mad we beat Vandy" thread. Another thread that will acknowledge nega land
If people are mad after a win then you may see one.
Why do you feel the need to come on threads asking a simple question to attack those of us happy and yet say nothing to all the "we suck" "Butch sucks" threads? That's kinda funny too.

What's wrong with being happy with the win and attempting to discuss the concerns some have about the team and coaching? Yet, anytime someone tries to have a discussion, here you come screeching about coach hate. Criticism and concern does not automatically translate to hate. You say that some people's hate of Butch outweighs their love of the Vols but one could argue that your love of Butch outweighs your Vol support.
LOL ok man.
I find it strangely odd that fans of a team cannot even enjoy a really good win without complaining. Call me weird but I for one LOVE it when UT wins and am happy and don't feel the need to be so negative about the team and coach.
Also, some have stated they will NOT be happy until Jones is gone. How do you explain that?

Hehe, if only it were this easy to be rid of them. :)

Negavols are:

images

--> 25% trolls from other teams pretending to be Vols fans so they can spin this community up. They will wither away slowly as opportunities to wreak havoc with VN's psyche diminish, but we're not quite there yet.

clipeeyorest2.gif

--> 25% Eeyores who are good people, but simply can not see anything but the worst side of life. Even a half empty glass is way too optimistic for them. They're Vols fans, but very sad ones. They're with us forever.

ptsd.jpg

--> 25% Kiffin/Dooley PTSD victims. These folks will recover with time, and in fact a lot of them are getting over their disorder this season.

and finally...

Streaker-longball.gif

--> 25% Gator/Bama Streakers. These guys and gals aren't going to recover until we beat Florida and/or Bama and end those streaks.

So we're not quite free of the NegaVols community yet, and will never be wholly free of them (there are always Eeyores), but I appreciate the sentiment of the OP. :good!:

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 people
the losses to Florida are inexcusable; as well the 4th quarter meltdowns against equal competition at times had me questioning whether we could do it against even inferior teams? i think most Vol fans are positively encouraged with the talent level, and we can see improvement. But, there are GLARING questions on offense. Fellas, its the elephant in the room no one wants to discuss. Us, 'negavols' see reality while some push it aside cheering 'rah rah'.

My expectations have been met this season. I had us 8-4. and i cannot complain from recruiting standpoint as this is an off year in TN talent wise. We need to take care of business against Vandy...and run the ball. That has been our identity, yet we get away from that in our play calling with screen after slant. We need to address lack of down field passing threat, and get better in the weight room on OL, and build depth there.

As far as the people calling for CBJ's neck. Any man in his right mind knew that would not happen. Playcalling has gotten better, as has our team. im on here to eat my crow, as i was one who questioned us against MO and KY.

Beat Vandy.

Reactions: 4 people
If you take away posts arguing about negative posters and correcting the spelling of our backup QB's last name then I'm not sure the board will survive.

Reactions: 1 person
LOL ok man.
I find it strangely odd that fans of a team cannot even enjoy a really good win without complaining. Call me weird but I for one LOVE it when UT wins and am happy and don't feel the need to be so negative about the team and coach.
Also, some have stated they will NOT be happy until Jones is gone. How do you explain that?
I would just explain it by saying that those folks are an extreme minority that you really should be charging rent for living in your head.

Reactions: 2 people
I am a neutravol. I expect more and have been waiting for positive improvement for some time. My only hope at this point is that the staff have not reached their ceiling. My thoughts for this season were 7-5/8-4 they have met and could have exceeded if not for the coaching blunders in 1 game this year we would be sitting SEC east champs for 2015.

Ahh, ahh, ahh.....not so fast. You're not a "neutravol" at all. The very reasonable post you just authored qualifies you as a solid negavol who needs to go find another team to root for. Your services as a Vol Fan/VN poster are no longer required. Sorry Sig.

Reactions: 3 people
Ahh, ahh, ahh.....not so fast. You're not a "neutravol" at all. The very reasonable post you just authored qualifies you as a solid negavol who needs to go find another team to root for. Your services as a Vol Fan/VN poster are no longer required. Sorry Sig.

KB, are you still concerned about game day coaching? I know we both were for the first few games. To me, it looks like it has improved since the bye week.

How About just celebrating the victory and not admitting other posters get to you?

Not his M.O. He literally has no reason for existence on VN if not for going around cowardly telling other posters who don't share his opinion how bad a fan they are. He couldn't do it if he tried.

Reactions: 3 people
If people are mad after a win then you may see one.
Why do you feel the need to come on threads asking a simple question to attack those of us happy and yet say nothing to all the "we suck" "Butch sucks" threads? That's kinda funny too.

Because I just ignore them

KB, are you still concerned about game day coaching? I know we both were for the first few games. To me, it looks like it has improved since the bye week.

Keep in mind the competition (except Bama) has been significantly weaker. Overall, this team is getting better, though.

UT went into a hostile environment and physically whipped a very physical team in less than desirable weather. Many of you complaining picked UT to lose. Yet you're still complaining. They have a damned fine defense and we kept them on the field and wore them down. It was a very good win for this team.
No matter how much you dislike the coaches, to complain about this game is just idiotic.

sorry bro it is easy to be In a bad mood watching debord call plays. it is frustrating as hell.

I would just explain it by saying that those folks are an extreme minority that you really should be charging rent for living in your head.

LOL look everyone. The bashers have a gator sticking up for them. LOL does that make y'all proud? Pound your chest boys you have a gator on your side who is (now get this) willing to also be negative about our Vols.
Aincha proud?!?

Ps go pound sand gator troll.

Yup. Anyone not all in one Dobbs and Butch are negas. We have no room here for gray areas. Just gray uniforms.

sorry bro it is easy to be In a bad mood watching debord call plays. it is frustrating as hell.
Explain why it was bad to keep pounding the rock when you can in that situation? We physically dominated them and to take chances throwing the ball would have been dumb.

LOL look everyone. The bashers have a gator sticking up for them. LOL does that make y'all proud? Pound your chest boys you have a gator on your side who is (now get this) willing to also be negative about our Vols.
Aincha proud?!?

Wtf are you talking about?

Doyle is no Gator. He's been here forever and lived in the Gruden/coaching search thread.

Who appointed you the voice of VN anyway?

Reactions: 2 people
Aincha proud?!?

Gator? Me?
You truly are delusional.

VN Store

Back