Game Thread Lady Vols at Texas A&M

Our guards not rebounding lost us this game.....I can't blame Holly. The only thing she done wrong in this game was sit Dunbar as much as she did. Tea and Diamond were on their way to a tough night and Holly noticed it early and had them ride the pine for a while.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm at the point where I just hope we lose enough games not to make the tourney just so Holly will be fired. I can't take it anymore.

Reactions: 4 people
Cooper shoots 1/6 (17%), 0% from three, 3 fouls, 2 turnovers.

Diamond shoots 4/16 (25%), 0% from three, 3 fouls, 2 turnovers, 0 assists.

Does anyone think these two me-me-me players are actually helping the team? The rest of the team shot 22/48 (46%). Wouldn't it be better to have anyone but those two taking shots?

every player on this team has these games. neither Cooper nor Deshields were in the game when the Lady Vols lost an 11 pt lead with 3 minutes left in the game.

Does anyone think these two me-me-me players are actually helping the team? The rest of the team shot 22/48 (46%). Wouldn't it be better to have anyone but those two taking shots?
not true for Tea the last couple of games. She was playing well.

not true for Tea the last couple of games. She was playing well.

I disagree. In the last game against Arkansas (Massey ranked #105) Cooper shot 4/12 (33%). She is a volume shooter (like Diamond), not an accurate shooter (also like Diamond).

dd just looks to me as though she's totally lost interest in the whole affair. i've seen little to no emotion all season , no anger when things go south, its as if she's just punching the time clock and putting in her eight hours!

Who is Margo?

She is the ultimate Vols fan. After every game, she posts her personal critique on YouTube. She is a hoot to watch, but she bleeds orange so badly that she internalizes every loss. I fear for her mental and physical health after a loss. Perhaps someone with better IT skills could post a link. She is must-see-TV.

every player on this team has these games. neither Cooper nor Deshields were in the game when the Lady Vols lost an 11 pt lead with 3 minutes left in the game.

Amen.This game was not lost by those two.The usual turnovers down the stretch was what lost this game plus the foul called charging in the last 30 seconds/

When A&M went on their run neither DeShields or Cooper were even in the game they were both benched. i don't see how any of this is on them when they were on the bench. Dunbar had nine quick points in that first half and her teammates then refused to pass her the ball after that and then she was eventually taken out close to the end of the second quarter and we finally saw her back on the floor in overtime. the players didn't have good court awareness and instead of working the clock they kept shooting too fast and that led to some bad shots in the fourth quarter also if the game is on the line and it comes down to shooting free throws take Russell out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
She is the ultimate Vols fan. After every game, she posts her personal critique on YouTube. She is a hoot to watch, but she bleeds orange so badly that she internalizes every loss. I fear for her mental and physical health after a loss. Perhaps someone with better IT skills could post a link. She is must-see-TV.

Here she is after the Bama win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIhjD2a2R7k

Cooper is part of the reason we won the last two games

Cooper has been better of late, but was off today.

But I agree with you concerning DD. She has a rare good game, but most are low shooting percentage, low assist, and high turnover efforts. Plus all the bad body language.

How can you be considered one of ESPNs top five preseason players, and not be starting on this team???

We had the ball with a 11 point lead with 3 minutes to go! And Jordan shot with 28 seconds left in the shot clock????? Someone needs to teach basic basketball game management! There is no way for us to lose this game! Texas played poorly until the last 3 minutes and we played poorly the whole game. We do not know how to win? They deserve to lose.

she's appalled by anyone not in a uconn jersey

It seems that lately, anyone who announces our games are appalled by the coaching and playing of the Lady Vols. We need to face facts that we have a bunch of all stars who are underachievers coached by a mediocre coach, at best.

Reactions: 4 people
It seems that lately, anyone who announces our games are appalled by the coaching and playing of the Lady Vols. We need to face facts that we have a bunch of all stars who are underachievers coached by a mediocre coach, at best.

A lot of us see that when we took off the orange glasses but some would rather not admit it or accept it

Congrats on destroying this program Holly. I have never seen them outside of the top 25.
She found a way. Absolutely disgusted with "her".

I have always been a advocate for holly but this is getting on my nerve now even if ur team looks out of sorts then u as a coach call every play from the side line and make them run it .. Also why in the hell Dunbar was out the game she could have hit big shots when they went on there run

Where was Dunbar anytime right after she hit 3 3-pointers? I don't get it. Someone comes into the game & contributes & she doesn't even get back into the game? What's up with that guys? Holly must have been blind to what she had seen. There's no need for that. Dunbar deserved to be put back into the game.

42 seconds to go, UT up three and inbounding the ball at halfcourt. We run a four stack, Russell breaks out to receive the inbounds pass and immediately gets fouled. The WORST
freethrow shooter for the LVs....was on the court(!)....and was the target of the inbounds pass(!).

Good Lord this team is poorly coached.

VN Store

Back