Game Thread Lady Vols at Texas A&M

Holly, please resign.

She won't. She said she will coach as long as they tell her she can't. I wish she would step down also! Diamond DeShields confidence is ruined. She is no where near the player she was at UNC.

No, she won't. Sadly I don't even let it bother me anymore. Hart is behind her and so are a numbers of posters on here. If you think TN can do better you are not considered to be a true fan. A comfort zone of lowered expectations is being championed by many in the administration and fans alike.

Actually Hart couldn't care less about Lady Vols athletics so he will not make a change. It's not important to him. Truth hurts

Reactions: 2 people
Thank you Steffi Sorensen for mentioning the team's lack of chemistry and hesitancy on the offensive end. It is truly a waste of talent. But the solution is clear for anyone who knows basketball. Pat's teams were a reflection of her and Holly's team is a reflection of her. We don't deserve to be in the tournament.

It's my fault. Halfway through the 3rd Quarter
I started to believe they turned the corner. Alas...

Just enjoy what you can, hope to be surprised.

If you want a change, you need to first hope Dave Hart is shown the door with Jimmy Cheek mid-Spring (it's coming) and that UT hires an aggressive AD in the mold of Jeremy Foley at Florida. Whit Babcock at Virginia Tech might be a good choice. He worked with Butch at Cincy and they have a good relationship. He is well respected in NCAA circles.

Reactions: 2 people
No wonder they don't have any 2016 recruits. That stretch where holly Dooley had both Middleton and Moore in and left diamond and tea on the bench for all but 24 seconds of the 4th q really cost them the game how many leads have they had this year and then ms Dooley plays her patented play not to lose and playing stupid lineups, then guess what, the other team makes the comeback and wins.

Reactions: 1 person
I just knew the mometum would switch and everything would go A&M's way after the jones injury.

Holly pulled Te'a Cooper after one charge in the second half. She also sat Deshields. She saw her team losing its lead and while Sue Bird was asking herself why she wouldn't put in Cooper and DeShields because they can handle the ball, Holly just continued her stubborn coaching and allowed A&M back in the game. Cooper and DeShields are used to more up tempo play vs Holly calling every play from the bench. I feel their frustration.

this team couldn't care less. not one motivator on this entire team including the coach. they all just stare at each other during timeouts.

WE will get an invite to the tourny, but it will be a low seed and we will get our asses handed to us by a team that deserves to be there.

Well our great coach just lost another game! I just do not know why people still back her!

Why would she not use Dunbar until the last seconds? I hope that young lady transfers tomorrow!!

So disappointed. I do not care what anyone says, Holly is not head coach material!

Reactions: 3 people
To the man (oops, Lady), Holly lost this team several weeks ago. We're headed for a disaster. Might as well sit Holly and let Dean finish out the season.

Well our great coach just lost another game! I just do not know why people still back her!

Why would she not use Dunbar until the last seconds? I hope that young lady transfers tomorrow!!

So disappointed. I do not care what anyone says, Holly is not head coach material!
Everyone but Holly and Hart can see that.

Cooper shoots 1/6 (17%), 0% from three, 3 fouls, 2 turnovers.

Diamond shoots 4/16 (25%), 0% from three, 3 fouls, 2 turnovers, 0 assists.

Does anyone think these two me-me-me players are actually helping the team? The rest of the team shot 22/48 (46%). Wouldn't it be better to have anyone but those two taking shots?

Does anyone think these two me-me-me players are actually helping the team? The rest of the team shot 22/48 (46%). Wouldn't it be better to have anyone but those two taking shots?

makes too much sense. holly not understand.

I fell asleep when the LV's had a 14 point lead I woke up thinking why hasn't ESPN sent me a notification yet...so I checked the app and when I saw it was in OT and the LV's down by 5 with 21 secs left I couldn't believe it

Yes and no! They had a rough night but the talent is clearly there....against lesser opponents though.

VN Store

Back