Game Thread Lady Vols at Texas A&M

Were we REALLY up 11 with 3 minutes to go? Thank goodness I was watching the Super Bowl. And, yea, having your worst free-throw shooter on the floor with under a minute to go is just one more reason to sack Warlick....utterly stupid. BB 101.

I saw the Texas A&M guard being taken off the court on a stretcher and wondered if the tv announcers gave any update on her condition.

Monday night Warlick can stay home and watch a real womens game 1 UCONN vs 2 South Carolina -- maybe learn something along the way -- maybe one of her few supporters can send over a pizza for her to wolf down

Where was Dunbar anytime right after she hit 3 3-pointers? I don't get it. Someone comes into the game & contributes & she doesn't even get back into the game? What's up with that guys? Holly must have been blind to what she had seen. There's no need for that. Dunbar deserved to be put back into the game.

She was in the game for most of the 2nd quarter. No one would pass to her though. Te'a Cooper wasn't even looking for where she was.

She was in the game for most of the 2nd quarter. No one would pass to her though. Te'a Cooper wasn't even looking for where she was.

It wasn't Te'a it was Jordan and Nared who missed her Te'a was on the bench with 2 fouls

If I were Kortney I would had told Holly FU I'm transferring then walked off the court while given her the middle finger. :)

You are absolutely correct! Just imagine if she was on a team like a UConn (or any team that knows how to utilize her) who has yet to find a replacement for Keleena Mosequda-Lewis she would have easily finished with 20 plus yesterday she was Hot and Holly cooled her off smfh

It wasn't Te'a it was Jordan and Nared who missed her Te'a was on the bench with 2 fouls

Good point. I thought it was Te'a. There was a point where Kortney was wide open on the left wing for about 5 seconds, and Jordan didn't even look in her direction.

Good point. I thought it was Te'a. There was a point where Kortney was wide open on the left wing for about 5 seconds, and Jordan didn't even look in her direction.

Yup and Nared did the same thing! That's how we know as a coach Holly is clueless because after the one where Jordan didn't look there was a media timeout, you would think Holly would have told her (Jordan) to look for Kortney because she is hot, nope nothing was said and Nared did the same thing. I just want it to be over, I hate that this team I have adored and loved my entire life is looking like they shouldn't even be a Division 1 team right now

Reactions: 1 person
I saw the Texas A&M guard being taken off the court on a stretcher and wondered if the tv announcers gave any update on her condition.

No, but TAMU tweeted after the game that Jordan Jones had been released from the hospital and they would provide an update today.

42 seconds to go, UT up three and inbounding the ball at halfcourt. We run a four stack, Russell breaks out to receive the inbounds pass and immediately gets fouled. The WORST
freethrow shooter for the LVs....was on the court(!)....and was the target of the inbounds pass(!).

Good Lord this team is poorly coached.

It's standard practice to have the center receive the inbound pass when the other team is in press and steal mode.

14-9 & 5-5 SEC. Can't believe I'd see this with this Lady Vols team. We should still make the NCAA tournament but we're going to be a lower seed(7-10) this time. That probably means one & done. I can't believe we can say that's even a possibility with a Lady Vols Basketball team. It's shameful!

Probably still be a 5 to 7 seed based on strength of schedule. At the end of the 3rd quarter I honestly had thought they had started to find themselves after 2 straight nice wins. And 3 quarters of good basketball. Then Holly happened again.

14-9 & 5-5 SEC. Can't believe I'd see this with this Lady Vols team. We should still make the NCAA tournament but we're going to be a lower seed(7-10) this time...

Probably still be a 5 to 7 seed based on strength of schedule...

Tennessee will most likely finish 5th or 6th in the SEC regular season and will win one maybe two SEC tournament games. It would be better if they finish 6th, that gets them out of SC's bracket.

By comparison, last season Texas A&M finished 5th in the SEC and received an NCAA 6 seed. LSU finished 6th in the SEC last season and received an NCAA 11 seed.

So look for a seed between 6 and 11, closer to 6 IMO.

But with this bunch, who knows. They may lose all their remaining games.

VN Store

Back