Florida Game

I was at 06 Cal, 09 UGA/SCAR, 13 UGA/SCAR, 15 OU, and every UF home game 06-present at Neyland. I went to the swamp this past year and I've never heard a crowd roar like that in my life. I think we can reach that level this year.

I've always wondered how loud the 2006 UGA game would have been had it been at Neyland.

(And how many would have left around halftime.)

Could it be one of the loudest ever in Neyland? The shakers are going to be sick. There is a good shot both of us will be ranked inside the top 20. I haven't missed a game against Florida since 06, I've never seen us beat them in person. It would a great way too off my senior year.

Sounds like you're bad luck! Stay home this year. LOL

Reactions: 2 people
I think the blocked punt against UGA in '13 was the loudest I've heard it at a single moment, but the OU game last year was as a whole the most consistently loud.

Reactions: 1 person
I saw both and have to say the Stumble Fumble was the loudest of the two.

Agreed. It was like the excitement of seeing something rise from the dead. The stadium had just about accepted defeat and then BOOM a miracle fumble.

I was a student in section G, back then all the students not only stood during the entire game but you also stood on the seats behind you. After that fumble everyone was jumping up and down, i remember falling about three rows down - yes it was that insane after that play.

I haven't been to many games due to my relatively young age, but the 2013 Georgia game was by far the loudest I've been too.

I was right under the upper deck, and the whole game was loud, but when we blocked that punt...so freakin loud.

I can only imagine the 98 Florida and Arkansas games.

I was at the 2013 UGA game also, and it was loud. It was the first time the stadium had really rocked in years. But it wasn't nearly as wild as the Cal 06 game or the 90's games people have referenced. I think we will get back to that this season!

To get the volume that loud you need a lot on the line, and we will have that this season.

OU last year for me.

Oklahoma football: Ty Darlington sympathizes with familiar Tennessee team - OUDaily.com: Sports

Waco and Stillwater have been difficult places to win for the Sooners as of late. The Sooners lost at Baylor and Oklahoma State in 2011 and at Baylor again in 2013 but escaped Stillwater with a come-from-behind win.

OU managed to win at both venues this season, but the noise levels of the Cowboys' Boone Pickens Stadium and the Bears' McLane Stadium did not compare to an early September, out-of-conference clash in SEC country.

The Sooners visited Knoxville, Tennesee, to complete their home-and-home series with the Vols. For senior Ty Darlington, no crowd comes close to Tennessee's Neyland Stadium.

"Absolutely not — not even close," he said. "Nothing I’ve ever experienced or ever will experience will compare to Tennessee."

Reactions: 8 people
Oklahoma football: Ty Darlington sympathizes with familiar Tennessee team - OUDaily.com: Sports

Waco and Stillwater have been difficult places to win for the Sooners as of late. The Sooners lost at Baylor and Oklahoma State in 2011 and at Baylor again in 2013 but escaped Stillwater with a come-from-behind win.

OU managed to win at both venues this season, but the noise levels of the Cowboys' Boone Pickens Stadium and the Bears' McLane Stadium did not compare to an early September, out-of-conference clash in SEC country.

The Sooners visited Knoxville, Tennesee, to complete their home-and-home series with the Vols. For senior Ty Darlington, no crowd comes close to Tennessee's Neyland Stadium.

"Absolutely not — not even close," he said. "Nothing I’ve ever experienced or ever will experience will compare to Tennessee."

I'm so glad HE had fun...

Meanwhile I walked out of Neyland that night feeling disgusted...in a daze...staring @VolNation members with the same hazy look on their face...

Listen around 9:20 on

https://youtu.be/fLvo7iVIjiU

Seems to me we were much louder in the old days. 1992 Bama game broke my ears. Now everyone is dancing around on 3rd down shaking their arms like having a mild seizure, trying to check Facebook, etc.

Not sure when the upper deck stopped stomping their feet....that was when Neyland was the loudest

Reactions: 3 people
We've been saying that for a while. Until we beat them I won't believe it

Other than last year which is debatable, and has been beaten to death on VN, I would rate Florida's roster/coaching combo ahead of Tennessee every single year of the current streak. So the team that should have won pretty much did.

Not this year. Both favor TN...we should win. Comfortably.

With higher expectations the louder the stadium gets. Last year a couple of games were pretty loud, notably the OK game, but I think we'll have Neyland rocking as loud as its been since 98 and some teams are really going to wish they just stayed home after the 1st quarter of some games. Get ready for some blowouts brothern!

The 2004 Florida game when we set the attendance record. The Wilhoit kick.

Loudest I've ever heard it.

Could it be one of the loudest ever in Neyland? The shakers are going to be sick. There is a good shot both of us will be ranked inside the top 20. I haven't missed a game against Florida since 06, I've never seen us beat them in person. It would a great way too off my senior year.

Is it possible that a large majority of Vol fans have never witnessed the Vols defeat the Gators?
Like many previous years, I hope to see the Vols notch an ever so needed win against the Florida Gators, but I don't expect it to come without a fight.

The 2004 Florida game when we set the attendance record. The Wilhoit kick.

Loudest I've ever heard it.

This was it for me too. It was so loud after that kick went through that as I looked across the stadium the visual got wavy, like heat rising from a big parking lot in July. Except it wasn't heat, it was sound.

Makes sense.

It's our home away from home.

It speaks volumes that you're going out of your way to come on an opposing team's board to talk smack. Again.

Don't be scared, little Gator. The grass stains should wash out of Del Rio's white jersey just fine.

Reactions: 5 people
It speaks volumes that you're going out of your way to come on an opposing team's board to talk smack. Again.

Don't be scared, little Gator. The grass stains should wash out of Del Rio's white jersey just fine.

That's just crazy talk. He likely won't accrue a single grass stain. If it's like recent years, there won't be any grass LEFT on SW field by late September.

Now dirt painted green? That's another story.:)

Last edited:
SIAP but will there be a checker neyland for the florida game? I'm kinda hoping there will be. Anticipating those folks out there saying we're 0-2 with it so let's never do it again; I think we should make it a traditionan once we finally get a big W against Florida with it.

VN Store

Back