Low: Florida at Tennessee Highest Stakes in 2016

UT gave up that 4th and 14 not because of youth, it was coaching.

It was both. There were 5 4th downs converted not just one.

Grier was seeing stars after getting rocked by Barnett on 3rd down, yet UT chose not to bring the heat on 4th down. That's on the coaching staff.

Roids

UF's defense held UT to 3 consecutive 3 and outs late due to conservative play calling...coaching...not UT's youth.

You still had an all NFL defense. I'm sure that played a role.

UT was manhandling our All-Madden defense until 10 minutes left in the game.

Not exactly man handling when we ran two trick plays to confuse them but I get your point.

Responses embedded

Not exactly man handling when we required 2 trick plays but I get your point.

seriously? that first one was so early in the game, hard to say "required".

actually, it indicated that they were there to win. that they wanted to dictate to the defense.

it was, for a while, an indication of how well i thought the coaches really did on preparing the game plan.

but then that last 10 minutes happened, and it all went to crap.

Reactions: 1 person
UT gave up that 4th and 14 not because of youth, it was coaching.

Grier was seeing stars after getting rocked by Barnett on 3rd down, yet UT chose not to bring the heat on 4th down. That's on the coaching staff.

UF's defense held UT to 3 consecutive 3 and outs late due to conservative play calling...coaching...not UT's youth.

UT was manhandling our All-Madden defense until 10 minutes left in the game

To be honest that was probably the most surprising part of the game to me. I was expecting to see a similar game to 14'. I thought before the game the first team to 17 wins.

I remember as soon as Barnett hit Grier I said "he's done". Tip of the cap to him for getting up and making the plays to win. And a kick in the nuts for UT not going after him.

seriously? that first one was so early in the game, hard to say "required".

actually, it indicated that they were there to win. that they wanted to dictate to the defense.

it was, for a while, an indication of how well i thought the coaches really did on preparing the game plan.

but then that last 10 minutes happened, and it all went to crap.

You're pissed and I agree with the last 10 minutes but Players have to make plays also.

to be honest that was probably the most surprising part of the game to me. I was expecting to see a similar game to 14'. I thought before the game the first team to 17 wins.

I remember as soon as barnett hit grier i said "he's done". Tip of the cap to him for taking enough roids and cocaine to get up and make the plays to win. And a kick in the nuts for ut not going after him.

fyp

Responses embedded

Your attempts at logic and humor are noted.

The only 4th down conversion that mattered was the last one, and UT's coaching staff crapped the bed.

On UT's drive just before that, the play call for Dobbs on 3rd and 6 was also garbage, right down to the formation.

Ball on the right hash, trips receivers on the left, who make no attempt to run a believable route while Dobbs runs right to the short side of the field, directly into the meat of our defense. That's coaching not to lose instead of coaching to win.

Hurd and Dobbs ran all over our supposed all-world defense, with some creative play calling mixed in to keep our supposed all-world defense off balance.

Last edited:
The funny part about Florida's defense is I swore that before the season several here said the best d-lineman on the field was Barnett, the best linebacker on the field was JRM, and the best DB on the field was Cam Sutton....VHIII being overrated and all.

I remember seeing that Tennessee was better than Florida at every position group, including the coaching staff.

Maybe, I was dreaming

The funny part about Florida's defense is I swore that before the season several here said the best d-lineman on the field was Barnett, the best linebacker on the field was JRM, and the best DB on the field was Cam Sutton....VHIII being overrated and all.

I remember seeing that Tennessee was better than Florida at every position group, including the coaching staff.

Maybe, I was dreaming

you probably did, but if that's all you saw, then it's selective reading on your part. last year, there were a good many people on here, self included, that were not buying 119 as the team that'd break thru. dare i say the majority felt that way.

Your attempts at logic and humor are noted.

The only 4th down conversion that mattered was the last one, and UT's coaching staff crapped the bed.

On UT's drive just before that, the play call for Dobbs on 3rd and 6 was also garbage, right down to the formation.

Ball on the right hash, trips receivers on the left, who make no attempt to run a believable route while Dobbs runs right to the short side of the field, directly into the meat of our defense. That's coaching not to lose instead of coaching to win.

Hurd and Dobbs ran all over our supposed all-world defense, with some creative play calling mixed in to keep our supposed all-world defense off balance.

I am not disagreeing with the drive before the final UF score.

Saying the only 4th down that mattered was the last one is inaccurate. Any of the last three would've more than likely sealed the game.

Saying the only 4th down that mattered was the last one is inaccurate. Any of the last three would've more than likely sealed the game.

they converted, what, 5?

when you think about that game...with about 5-6 minutes to go in the game....ask this question...what has to go right for fl to win?

and, what has to go wrong for TN to lose?

that game sucked.

You'd think by that last 4th down conversion the coaching staff would have figured out using a spy on Grier wasn't the best idea, seeing as how it didn't work on the two previous 4th down conversions.

Coaching.

You'd think by that last 4th down conversion the coaching staff would have figured out using a spy on Grier wasn't the best idea, seeing as how it didn't work on the two previous 4th down conversions.

Coaching.

that, and they defense had been very aggressive all game long.

to pucker up in that spot, with Grier banged up and hurting.....

this is making me angry again thinking about it.:)
the sad part about this whole thing is that for 50 minutes i thought the coaching was actually pretty damn outstanding, except for the time outs that were called that gave FL the opp to re think things, they really had done a good job. especially with the game planning side of things.

such a waste.

Coaching.

On that play yes but there is also no reason to have three players colliding with each other when all were in position to make a tackle.

On that play yes but there is also no reason to have three players colliding with each other when all were in position to make a tackle.

Callaway gets the credit for that.

The majority of receivers would have continued running up the middle of the field after the catch.

AC read the field and set up Powell's downfield block perfectly.

VN Store

Back