Low: Florida at Tennessee Highest Stakes in 2016

hopefully callaway is suspended through the first half of the season---I read the other day he's not even enrolled in classes.

hopefully callaway is suspended through the first half of the season---I read the other day he's not even enrolled in classes.

They will just have some other dude step up and have a career game against Tennessee instead. Then he will never be heard from again.

Reactions: 1 person
Just rewatched the Florida game from last year (ew, I know), a few things stood out.

-We, for the most part, man-handled UF on both sides of the ball for 3 quarters. The conservative play calling on offense late in the game is a huge mistake. Most of us already realize this.

- UF's defense was good. Their secondary was very good in both run support and coverage, and their pass rush was fantastic on 3rd down.

- Most of UF's offensive production came from Grier scrambling. He was hounded the entire game and had zero time to process anything (sans the 4th and 14... Ugh)

- UF's OL did ok for all the heat they took last year, they opened some holes for the running game and Taylor ran better than I remember

My conclusion: The only thing that will likely improve for UF this year is OL play. QB, RB, DE, LB, and DB all performed well for UF last year in our game and all took potential hits heading into this year. Maybe they get lucky and replace some of those performers, but I wouldn't put my money on it.

With all the talent we return, the probable upgrade at DC, and our edge on experience, UF will get shown up in Knoxville. With the way they were dominated for most of the game, in Gainesville, with more experienced talent than what they have now... I smell a beat down. Of course some will say "I will believe it when I see it", but in 2016, this game is ripe for a vengeful, embarrassing loss for the gators.

Reactions: 4 people
Just rewatched the Florida game from last year (ew, I know), a few things stood out.

-We, for the most part, man-handled UF on both sides of the ball for 3 quarters. The conservative play calling on offense late in the game is a huge mistake. Most of us already realize this.

- UF's defense was good. Their secondary was very good in both run support and coverage, and their pass rush was fantastic on 3rd down.

- Most of UF's offensive production came from Grier scrambling. He was hounded the entire game and had zero time to process anything (sans the 4th and 14... Ugh)

- UF's OL did ok for all the heat they took last year, they opened some holes for the running game and Taylor ran better than I remember

My conclusion: The only thing that will likely improve for UF this year is OL play. QB, RB, DE, LB, and DB all performed well for UF last year in our game and all took potential hits heading into this year. Maybe they get lucky and replace some of those performers, but I wouldn't put my money on it.

With all the talent we return, the probable upgrade at DC, and our edge on experience, UF will get shown up in Knoxville. With the way they were dominated for most of the game, in Gainesville, with more experienced talent than what they have now... I smell a beat down. Of course some will say "I will believe it when I see it", but in 2016, this game is ripe for a vengeful, embarrassing loss for the gators.
Although I'm one of VN'S most over-the-top sunshine pumpers; one of those who's chronically persisted in declaring there's no psyche out of UF over our Vols, maybe I should man up to the obvious. When the 4th quarter comes around, their guys have stated...year after year...that they're confident they'll somehow pull it out.....again. After 11 straight...why shouldn't they feel so confident? I expressed to law gator that the worm may well have turned, finally. Although a pair of heart surgeries have kept me from traveling to Neyland the past few years, and my being placed on Duke's transplant list adds numerous additional complications, I'm going to be in section D this September 24th to revel as our Vols destroy the gayduhs. No, I won't tell folks in front of me to sit down; will stand as much as I can, and yes. I'm rushing the field. VFL.

Reactions: 3 people
Although I'm one of VN'S most over-the-top sunshine pumpers; one of those who's chronically persisted in declaring there's no psyche out of UF over our Vols, maybe I should man up to the obvious. When the 4th quarter comes around, their guys have stated...year after year...that they're confident they'll somehow pull it out.....again. After 11 straight...why shouldn't they feel so confident? I expressed to law gator that the worm may well have turned, finally. Although a pair of heart surgeries have kept me from traveling to Neyland the past few years, and my being placed on Duke's transplant list adds numerous additional complications, I'm going to be in section D this September 24th to revel as our Vols destroy the gayduhs. No, I won't tell folks in front of me to sit down; will stand as much as I can, and yes. I'm rushing the field. VFL.

While I agree there is a bit of a psychological factor, that is mostly for the fans like us and not so much the players. My point was we are bring the same team (likely improved) to the field, while they are bringing a much different team, with many holes likely.

On a different note, my career is in the organ transplant community, and I have worked with the people at Duke several times. You are in great hands. Here is to finding your new heart and to the prosperous life to follow! 🍻

Reactions: 4 people
I blame 2015 on coaching not inexperience.

I blame " playing not to lose on"
inexperienced coaching

Some coaches got the memo a little late, but they did get it.

:bash::bash::question::question::idea::compute:

:banghead2:

VN Store

Back