Has anyone else heard about Pat?

I absolutely admire Coach Pat Summitt.
One of a kind. A GREAT VFL!!! A GREAT Woman!!! A GREAT Tennessean!!!

The song "My Way" plays in my head as I think about Pat.

Prayers sent.

Reactions: 2 people
I have been a Vol fan as long as I can remember. Will be until my final day here on earth, I grew up watching Pat, Johnny and Phil. The thing is Pat outlasted them all here at Tennessee. We as fans were bleased and privileged we can call her Coach. She helped mold The University of Tennessee. Thank you it has been an honor Coach Summit

Seriously, u believe this. You need to find another page to post

This post is selfishness at its worst. Having lost my mother 2 years ago to this horrible disease, the best we as VOL Nation can do is pray for her and her family. This disease robs families of their loved ones while leaving behind a body that lives and breathes but isn't their mother, father, or grandparent. To not be faced with this family situation is a blessing.

To those of you that held hope for a recovery, you should have done your homework. Pat will be in a better place when this is through and her family will be able to find peace.

To those of you that have lived through watching a loved one fall in this manner, you know exactly what I am talking about. My prayers go out to Pat and her family to find peace after this terrible journey.

Dementia is the absolute worst disease that I can think of and I encourage all of you to donate to an Alzheimer's Charity if you can.

Reactions: 10 people
My grandmother is in the last stages of Alzheimer's and the most merciful thing that can happen is for the good Lord to take her ASAP. I love her dearly but this disease is horrific and to see her not remember anyone/anything and her mind deteriorate each day is the worst disease I've witnessed in my lifetime.

Pat is truly an inspirational individual and leader. I pray for peace and comfort for her during this last stage in her life and pray for her family as they have to live with the effects of this horrific disease until she is called home.

Well said and there is no shame in what you posted.

This post is selfishness at its worst. Having lost my mother 2 years ago to this horrible disease, the best we as VOL Nation can do is pray for her and her family. This disease robs families of their loved ones while leaving behind a body that lives and breathes but isn't their mother, father, or grandparent. To not be faced with this family situation is a blessing.

To those of you that held hope for a recovery, you should have done your homework. Pat will be in a better place when this is through and her family will be able to find peace.

To those of you that have lived through watching a loved one fall in this manner, you know exactly what I am talking about. My prayers go out to Pat and her family to find peace after this terrible journey.

Dementia is the absolute worst disease that I can think of and I encourage all of you to donate to an Alzheimer's Charity if you can.

This is so true, this disease robs you of your loved one twice. Godspeed, Coach Summit, it was a privilege to watch you coach.

I'm heartbroken over this, I had hoped my lil girl would grow up and play for her one day. Prayers for Pat and her family.

Just heard on news that her minister said visitors are no longer allowed and death is near.

Pastor says Summitt's death 'imminent'

"There's no visitors allowed anymore, and Pat will probably pass into Heaven in the next few days," Stephens told Hill on Knoxville's WOKI-FM.

"Pat has gone down pretty rapidly. Tyler has been unbelievable in taking care of his mother — the best help, the best folks that could possibly be — and he's doing very well. He said yesterday there was a line of players to come, said, 'We love you,' and, 'Goodbye.' But Tyler has said no more visitors, so the doctors are saying it's very imminent."

Tyler is thinking of his mother, preserving her dignity. He isn't worried about those who want to see her. It is appropriate that he do these last caring acts for her.

They can send their love from a waiting area or other gathering place, and let her have her final moments with her beloved family.

It is what we would all want for ourselves, or our loved ones. Everyone should step back, and let them have this time to themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Hospice care is hard at the end, and nobody should have to see that. If there's any consolation at all in this, it's that Pat made her decisions and her wishes are being carried out.

Reactions: 1 person
Pat will always be a tn legend, a vol thru and thru, a mother, and she will soon be by our lords side. Hope I'm that lucky some day

I'm sure she'll still be giving "The Stare" as she watches future Lady Vol teams from heaven. I can't imagine what it was like being on the receiving end of that! She's going to be missed.

pat1.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
I'm sure she'll still be giving "The Stare" as she watches future Lady Vol teams from heaven. I can't imagine what it was like being on the receiving end of that! She's going to be missed.

pat1.jpg

There were times when that stare was directed A little too close to the television camera.
I would have to turn my head and apologize for stuff I didn't even do.

There isn't even words to describe the respect I have for that lady.

Reactions: 7 people
But, the Lord can allow anyone to recover from anything & bring about miracles. I'll admit it's not looking good but as a man of faith I'll keep the hopes up that the Lord will touch & heal her body & mind.

believe what you wish, of course--but there are no miracles.

It is so hard to watch your mom die. This brings back horrible memories just reading this thead. I pray for her and her family.

Reactions: 1 person
believe what you wish, of course--but there are no miracles.

I really don't believe that was a necessary remark. Just not the time and place for you trying to tell others differently than what they believe. If faith has provided them an outlet, so be it. I really don't know what I believe, so please don't put me on as a "bible-bashin" southern Baptist. We can all agree that Pat will suffer no more and her passing will leave a deep hole here in this community. I cried at my wedding, when my daughter was born, and I'm sure I'll shed more tears when I finally hear of Pat's passing. They just don't make them like her anymore.

Reactions: 12 people

VN Store

Back