Whole lotta butthurt goin on...

I honestly did not realize the hatred for UT from other fan bases until this year. I knew Bama and Florida and vandy had a strong dose of it but I had no idea that UGA and SC couldn't stand us until this year. Maybe they don't hate us as much as they don't want to see us become a top 10 program again. I can understand that.

I think a lot of the younger crowd only know the current down streak and the older crowd has forgotten that Tennessee's beatdown on the south is only surpassed by Alabama. Tennessee ate a lot of peoples lunch on a regular basis. Georgia was the "this is the year" team all of the 90's until the Tennessee game brought them back to reality each year. Auburn and Tennessee were yearly thorns in each other's sides. Tennessee is one of the few teams that has never been intimidated by Alabama no matter how good they were or how bad they were beating other teams. Vanderbilt and Kentucky were annual beat downs as were most of the remaining unnamed SEC teams.

Many teams throughout the years have had dreams of really good teams only to have those dreams smashed by Tennessee. Some in my lifetime that I can name off the top of my head: 1979 Notre Dame, Auburn 1985, Miami 1985 and 2003, UCLA 1989, Louisville 1991 and again in 1993, Georgia 2004, and Cal 2006.

Reactions: 5 people
i lived in Myrtle beach and Florence for a year or so each, and god those gamecocks fans, IMO, are the worst.....
never won a thing, and just the biggest smack talkers I have ever been around....
beating them actually makes me smile more then Ga or Fla......

Reactions: 1 person
Yep gross to watch but not dirty. Similar to how UGA says we took out Chubb last year. The turf is an equal opportunity predator.

Same with the Kamara hit. A clean hit that did a lot of damage. Refs threw a flag on the Kamara hit but they messed up the call.

I like that CBJ Sgt Carter picture. I can see it.

But otherwise, these guys are hilarious. Even their coach quit on them last year. They are like characters on Arrested Development.

I like this post (he was probably better off hearing it from the car than seeing it inside the stadium):

"2014: We're up by 17 with 2 minutes to go at home, and they come back, and then win it in overtime. I was at that game and left at the 2 minute mark because we won, and then I had the displeasure to turn on the radio in the car and listen to us fall apart. "

The Spurrier years, coinciding with the Dooley years, were a dream for USCjr. They are just waking up from that dream and realizing that they are in fact the same cellar dwelling program they always were.

They have always been butt hurt.

I was at 1993 game in Columbia. It was the year after Tanneyhill beat us at Neyland. They were the biggest group of smack talking know-nothings I had ever experienced. As I left their stadium after watching UT win 55-3, the most common comments were "the officials screwed us" and "go gators."

Going back this year...hoping to hear the same!!!

i lived in Myrtle beach and Florence for a year or so each, and god those gamecocks fans, IMO, are the worst.....
never won a thing, and just the biggest smack talkers I have ever been around....
beating them actually makes me smile more then Ga or Fla......

Yep, I lived in Florence during the Spurrier years and it was brutal. Biggest smack talking fanbase and least knowledgeable about the game itself.

I was about 50 feet from the Marcus Lattimore play. It takes a special kind of stupid to think that was a dirty play.

Well, the injury was just about at the center of the field(between the hashes), and the field is 160 feet wide. So the nearest person off the field was about 80 feet from them. Were you reffing the game?

tumblr_mld141qeKi1r374llo1_400.gif

Might be the saddest gif I've ever seen

So they call us thugs and then post a gif of their coach dressed as a thug?
Did I miss something?

VN Store

Back