Why do people think firing coaches is the answer?

Because the twits can't tell the difference between a terrible coach and a good one. It doesn't matter how many facts you present or how strong an argument you make, it will not make them miraculously not be a twit. Stupid is to the bone.

Some of you guys should really get ahold of a dictionary and look up words like "objective" and "bias." I think you'll be amazed by what you discover.

Yes, people get it right

Objective: Oregonvol's objective is to disagree with everyone on here

Bias: Oregonvol has a bias against anything positive. For every positive post, he must present a negative one in return.

Reactions: 3 people
I am thinking that about now you are reconsidering your comments. What you are seeing now (on the field) is a 'Bama OC that is exploiting our weaknesses and our staff does not have the ability to adjust (and our defense is our strongest unit). No amount of 4 and 5 star players will change this.

The following quotes were made by a famous football coach (whose name I refuse to mention):

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."

"I'll beat you with my team today, and I'll beat you with your team tomorrow."

The implication here is that a "System" approach to SEC football will never work. You have to take inventory of what your team can do, and put the players in position to succeed. If it takes running a veer, a pro set, a triple option (or whatever), you do what it takes to win.

I will leave you with one word: Auburn.

Time to reflect back...

Yeah...why change coaches...that never works or leads to success.

Signed,

Mike Shula
Mike Price
Brady Hoke
And the rest of the coaches that fit

Reactions: 1 person
Millennials want it all and want it now, they aren't patient enough to wait for steady progress.

Because if you don't nip it in the bud, you end up with a Les Miles situation and an interim coach midseason.

Millennials want it all and want it now, they aren't patient enough to wait for steady progress.

You consider the way the team has played this year, as steady progress? The lack of development on the OLine, QB, and WR positions?

Wow...just...wow.

Reactions: 4 people
You consider the way the team has played this year, as steady progress? The lack of development on the OLine, QB, and WR positions?

Wow...just...wow.

It's hard when the season isn't over, and UT has an amazing amount of unfortunate injuries this year. I will wait until the season is over to make a full and complete assessment which will include ALL of THE RELEVANT FACTS and CIRCUMSTANCES. I Will not make a knee jerk reaction!

Reactions: 2 people
It's hard when the season isn't over, and UT has an amazing amount of unfortunate injuries this year. I will wait until the season is over to make a full and complete assessment which will include ALL of THE RELEVANT FACTS and CIRCUMSTANCES. I Will not make a knee jerk reaction!

Oh come on, that's not as much fun and you don't sound as smart.

Wow...just...wow.

You forgot DB and LB....as Doug Mathews said this morning, there's a real problem with how we evaluate and/or coach/develop those positions

I didn't realize we had many injuries against Appalachian State or Ohio...

Because the twits can't tell the difference between a terrible coach and a good one. It doesn't matter how many facts you present or how strong an argument you make, it will not make them miraculously not be a twit. Stupid is to the bone.

To whom are you directing these comments? To people who aren't panicking or to the ones that have been looking for reasons to ***** about the coaches and players?

Reactions: 1 person
Jealousy of our rivals winning multiple championships to our one in the last 18 years. If we lost in the playoffs this board would still say the season wasn't successful

You forgot DB and LB....as Doug Mathews said this morning, there's a real problem with how we evaluate and/or coach/develop those positions

It cant be evaluation, many of the guys we have brought in were recruited by big time schools. It has to be coaching and developing.

VN Store

Back