Why do people think firing coaches is the answer?

It cant be evaluation, many of the guys we have brought in were recruited by big time schools. It has to be coaching and developing.

We have a development problem in several areas. May have an occasional poor fit but coaching and development is lacking. That has been evident since Appy St.

Reactions: 1 person
Jealousy of our rivals winning multiple championships to our one in the last 18 years. If we lost in the playoffs this board would still say the season wasn't successful

Wow this is so worn out and dumb. So you honestly think any Tennessee fan would say the season wasn't successful if we made it to the playoffs? If we would have made it, we would have had to be 11-1 with the only season loss to either Bama or TAMU. Then we would have had to have beaten them in the SECC.

No Vol fan with an ounce of grey matter in their skull would complain about losing in the playoffs. Not even the super negas like catbone and wylo would complain about that. Give me a break.

I honestly think this is one of the dumbest trends of this generation. Hire a coach, if he's not winning 8 games by year 2 then fire him or he's on the hot seat for year 3. If he's not in the SEC championship game by year 3 then fire him. Perhaps there's a bit of hyperbole there, but I don't get it. Now Dooley, you could see the obvious writing on the wall midway through year 3, maybe earlier, but as long as you're not seeing the team quitting and we're recruiting well, why would you even consider that? Yeah it may take 4 or 5 years but you'd be waiting that long or longer anyway if we fired our coach. I realize I'm probably talking to a small portion of the fan base, but still, it baffles me how anybody could be that stupid. Yeah, maybe we'll just have to suffer through this year, and wait til next year or maybe even 2016, but I don't see why people want to start all over again, and again, and again. Look at Mullen at Miss St and Spurrier at South Carolina. They got over that hump and it took longer than 2 or 3 years. Not all rebuilding jobs are the same. Unless we missed a bowl this year and next you won't hear me clamoring for Butch's head. Patience will pay off with this staff. Maybe an amendment or two needs to be made after next year, but give them a chance to get 2 or 3 classes of their guys first. GBO

I don't wanna fire Butch....yet. What I do want is for Butch to acknowledge 1) we are not getting better and that's due to coaching 2) when he makes a colossal mistake (hiring Debord and Mahoney) evidenced by horrible offensive production and makes a change at seasons end 3) hire the best available instead of taking a stupid chance on an old buddy 4) stop with the coach speak. Just say we suck and everybody's job is on the line. Then go do something different than the same crap they're doing during a game.

Because some people are not so smart. They have the emotional control of a 7 year old girl and the internet has given them the belief that their opinion matters and people want to hear it.

Reactions: 2 people
Jealousy of our rivals winning multiple championships to our one in the last 18 years. If we lost in the playoffs this board would still say the season wasn't successful

Lol CBJ has potentially botched 2 seasons in a row missing ATL. Playoffs lol whew

Reactions: 3 people
This game wasn't on the coaches. We had plenty of time to win the game if Dobbs doesn't throw that last interception. When he threw it he knew he had made a mistake. Their (cocks) last touchdown was a complete meltdown on coverage by us.

Most of the time I would take up for the players but that game was completely on the players last night.

This game wasn't on the coaches. We had plenty of time to win the game if Dobbs doesn't throw that last interception. When he threw it he knew he had made a mistake. Their (cocks) last touchdown was a complete meltdown on coverage by us.

Most of the time I would take up for the players but that game was completely on the players last night.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. You can only have so many bad displays of football before Botch got declared a bad coach. This team has really regressed. If one guy or a few guys aren't executing the plays, it would be an isolated incident. The whole team isn't executing for many games in a row. It's Botch's fault.

So our offense couldn't move the ball onthe 101st ranked run defense in the country and it's on the players as opposed to a poor game plan?

Yeah...why change coaches...that never works or leads to success.

Signed,

Mike Shula
Mike Price
Brady Hoke
And the rest of the coaches that fit
After a combination of Kiffin, Dooley, and Jones I see no reason to believe the powers that be are capable of hiring anyone better the next time around.

I hear the Orange Dog has feelers out.. Make it happen...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Wow this is so worn out and dumb. So you honestly think any Tennessee fan would say the season wasn't successful if we made it to the playoffs? If we would have made it, we would have had to be 11-1 with the only season loss to either Bama or TAMU. Then we would have had to have beaten them in the SECC.

No Vol fan with an ounce of grey matter in their skull would complain about losing in the playoffs. Not even the super negas like catbone and wylo would complain about that. Give me a break.

Truth

Millennials want it all and want it now, they aren't patient enough to wait for steady progress.

Stop it. Stop trying to find something to blame...smh

Millennials are not the only people wanting change.

I would even say they are the minority.

VN Store

Back