Trying to get some verification: is Butch really donating his bowl money?

and every Vol fan chipped in $200-$300 a piece. Otherwise it would not be fair to Butch. Why should he be the only one to give.
Come on guys, pony up.

Reactions: 1 person
Do you even VN bruh? :)

black-kid-oh-snap.gif

Reactions: 2 people
It's pretty sorry for someone to make this up in an effort to pressure him to do it or look bad. I sure hope everyone calling for him to do it are donating the same percent of their salary.

If the person who actually started this on twitter made it up to troll Coach Jones, then he(or she) is the lowest of low human beings. You don't use tragedy inflicted on others in that manner.

I really hope it wasn't put out there in that manner but if it was - the stupidity of this fan base has gone way too far.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Sad isn't it?

The hate for Butch not being the coach of a college football team, that one wanted him to be, that can't be separated from a devastating life changing fire is not sad.

But hey, if Art Briles or James Franklin were here and winning, we Wouldn't even be talking about this.

I know I'm going to get roasted for saying this because CPF is one of my favorite Vols of all time. Do you all remember when he donated 1M to the Univ. when he was on the hot seat? I know he loves UT and has done a lot for it, but the timing was a little head scratching to me.

That's a great thing he's doing.. Classy move. That is a horrible deal, i was just there a little over a month ago and stayed in a cabin on Wears Valley Road. I know some of them burned, not sure the one i stayed in did. It's a beautiful area, it's a shame. Prayers to all those affected by this tragedy..

Reactions: 1 person
Be the same as someone who makes 100k donating $2,400. Nice gesture to be sure, but they still have 98% of their money. And it would actually hurt more for the guy making 100 grand....Jones would still have 4.1 million in his pocket.

Haha. Your thoughts on CBJ are well documented. But this is the biggest jerk comment I've seen you make. When you try to belittle a man on his possible $100,000 donation to those in need then you put yourself in a very small and petty class of human beings,

Reactions: 9 people
Wow. Yet another thread of negativity so people can use anything to crap on Butch Jones. This is getting old. Butch is damned if he does and damned if he dont with some fans.

Agree...more than likely, someone posted this falsely, so that a few folks can say what a generous gesture it is, only to be taken to the land of the miserable in about 6 posts or less, and use it for their daily rant against all things Butch.

As much as I want to see Butch gone , I think its BS if he is being pressured into something like this. I always thought Butch was a good guy just not the man to win Championships.

Be the same as someone who makes 100k donating $2,400. Nice gesture to be sure, but they still have 98% of their money. And it would actually hurt more for the guy making 100 grand....Jones would still have 4.1 million in his pocket.

Hey now....to be fair, Jones only makes $10,000 a day or $3.65 million after taxes...insert blue font!

100k to Gatlinburg victims. Excellent move. Add this to Dolly's big time give and East Tennessee is in good hands!

This is being memed into existence to shame Butch into donating it like doctorchoice said above.

It was started on Twitter by someone who doesn't like Butch Jones named the Coonskin Cap. He's probably just trying to screwball Jones into doing it or make him look bad when he denies it. I don't think this is real. I can find no original quote.

First post about this seems to be from him:

https://twitter.com/TheCoonskinCap/status/805532662547017729

KB how do you get out of having to pay taxes. Do you own Carrier or something.

Haha. Your thoughts on CBJ are well documented. But this is the biggest jerk comment I've seen you make. When you try to belittle a man on his possible $100,000 donation to those in need then you put yourself in a very small and petty class of human beings,

Way off.....way less.....taxes kill successful people

Really? Don't be that guy

If I start a thread about CBJ supports TheGrinch how many pages of senseless arguing do you reckon it would go? 😜

VN Store

Back