Trying to get some verification: is Butch really donating his bowl money?

I appreciate the folks who responded to my question about the donations/need on the ground. Many of us have groups that we traditionally support at this time of year along with a limited giving capacity so this kind of information is helpful in deciding how to respond to solicitations for donations.

Reactions: 1 person
I appreciate the folks who responded to my question about the donations/need on the ground. Many of us have groups that we traditionally support at this time of year along with a limited giving capacity so this kind of information is helpful in deciding how to respond to solicitations for donations.

Local 8 News, 107.7 WIVK FM to host radiothon and telethon for Sevier Co. wildfire evacuees

This is going on today until midnight. All money raised will be given to Dollys help relief she set up last week to help the families.

Why do people want to know who and how much anyone donates to what cause?? It is none of our business what other people do. Now should only worry about what they, themselves, give and to what cause.

Reactions: 4 people
Are there seriously some posters complaining about Butch donating his bowl money to Gatlinburg victims? Is this real life!? I've seen it all now.

What if he did and NOBODY knew it? That's how we're to give. Don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing. Frankly I have a problem with people giving and seeking public praise for it. "Surely they have their reward". I do bet this though.,,, Coach Jones has prob given far more to charities than most of us on this board.... probably some of these that are complaining about him the most !!!

Reactions: 2 people
Are there seriously some posters complaining about Butch donating his bowl money to Gatlinburg victims? Is this real life!? I've seen it all now.

Well we have people complaining about keeping 1100 jobs in the U.S. so anything is believable I suppose.

Reactions: 3 people
Well we have people complaining about keeping 1100 jobs in the U.S. so anything is believable I suppose.

I believe the complaint on Carrier is

1. Why couldn't we keep all the jobs? 1100 staying yet 2000 others still going

2. Why does Carrier get special breaks? What about the others struggling? Is it because Carrier gave Pence campaign money?

More of the same cronyism that's eroding our society.

Maybe not the right time to ask this but who exactly is the relief assistance going to? When I think of Gatlinburg I think of lots of vacation homes and rentals and businesses that hire mostly seasonal workers. It seems like a small group of people own most of Sevier county and I assume they are generally pretty well off and probably have plenty of insurance. Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the area to understand the situation on the ground.
It is no longer seasonal. Year round business. and these workers have to live somewhere. They have lost their apartments and homes. There are a lot of mountain people who don't have vacation homes. There is a great need for everyday items and to rebuild

Its a great thing as the University of Tennessee football coach would donate a large sum to the Gatlinburg relief fund. It'd go a ways in healing up some differences fans have withe the coach and how the program has stumbled. That said, speaking to those that started this, imo rumor, it's amazing how eager folks are to spend another mans money.

Be the same as someone who makes 100k donating $2,400. Nice gesture to be sure, but they still have 98% of their money. And it would actually hurt more for the guy making 100 grand....Jones would still have 4.1 million in his pocket.

What a classy post...

@jimmyhyams

UT coach Butch Jones did not pledge to donate his $100,000
bowl bonus to Sevier County fire victims, per Vols SID Ryan Robinson.

VN Store

Back