Basilio blog today

Notes from John Brice: David Blackburn may be all but a lock to be named AD once a contract is finalized. Could be before Christmas, definitely before the end of the year. Rock Gullickson is expected to take over as the director of strength and conditioning. As is, the rest of the S&C staff will remain in place. He'll be replacing Lawson in his vacant position. The Helfrich talk is real. Very real. Some thought that it gets done. Vols may also add Brady Hoke as DL coach and are after Terry Fair as secondary coach.

Buddy of mine sent me this. no idea if it is legit

I'd be pretty damn excited

Notes from John Brice: David Blackburn may be all but a lock to be named AD once a contract is finalized. Could be before Christmas, definitely before the end of the year. Rock Gullickson is expected to take over as the director of strength and conditioning. As is, the rest of the S&C staff will remain in place. He'll be replacing Lawson in his vacant position. The Helfrich talk is real. Very real. Some thought that it gets done. Vols may also add Brady Hoke as DL coach and are after Terry Fair as secondary coach.

This is what Brice posted in his weekly column today, a summary of what he has been reporting all week.

Says the guy who didn't even click the link because if he had he'd see that those weren't Basilio's opinions.

It's Tony's site. The thought that he allows "others" to post without any approvals is not really believable

Reactions: 1 person
He is not connected at all. During the search that ended with Butch Jones being our head coach, people in the athletic department fed him fake information because they found it amusing when he reported it.

So members if the athletic department were getting their jollies by spreading lies and ****ing with a portion of the fan base? Nice. Are these same people currently employed by the UT Athletic Department?

Is Strip part of the problem? That would be disappointing.

No, I believe he's the best position coach on staff. But he always said he anticipated this being his final coaching stop. He's 63 with grandchildren he'd like to spend time with. Keeping him around the program if he decides to hang it up would be very beneficial.

So members if the athletic department were getting their jollies by spreading lies and ****ing with a portion of the fan base? Nice. Are these same people currently employed by the UT Athletic Department?

They were seeing who some of his sources were and discrediting someone who deals in rumor as if it was fact. Happens in most pro and college sport settings.

This happens literally everywhere when journalists are involved.

They were seeing who some of his sources were and discrediting someone who deals in rumor as if it was fact. Happens in most pro and college sport settings.

So it wasn't just interns and/or low level employees? It was an organized effort by the UT Athletic Department to discredit an information outlet that they had issues with? Reminds me of Bud Ford at Kiffin's final presser claiming that the reporters were in "our building".

So it wasn't just interns and/or low level employees? It was an organized effort by the UT Athletic Department to discredit an information outlet that they had issues with? Reminds me of Bud Ford at Kiffin's final presser claiming that the reporters were in "our building".

You're either misunderstanding or twisting my words. Whichever it is, I'm done trying to help you understand reality.

Reactions: 3 people
The best description of Basilio remains; "when UT hired Lane Kiffin, John and Jimmy were interviewing Pete Carroll to get his insight. Basilio spent 2 segments of his show talking to W. Lynn."

I know that, we all know that, anybody that read it saw that. I was speaking in general terms on the way Tony operates.

His sources are the message boards, period. If you don't understand that, I don't know how to help you, because it's a fact. He is not connected at all. During the search that ended with Butch Jones being our head coach, people in the athletic department fed him fake information because they found it amusing when he reported it.

Really? That's pretty damn pathetic if you ask me. He doesn't kiss ass at the UTAD, so they think it's amusing to put out fake story lines? That's freakin sorry ass **** right there.

He's a big supporter of Blackburns, so I guess they'd not hire him , because, you know, it would be amusimg and all. Tee hee.

Glad you could shed some light on the ridiculous idiots working at UT. As a successful alum, they are wearing my ass out. Good to know that there are petty, small minded, pieces of **** running things. I know not to send the check. Must appreciated!!!

I'm happy to hear there are at least some legs to these rumors. I would absolutely love hiring those three. Im happy to hear that Blackburn is almost all but certain. The more I learn about Rock Gullickson the more I like him. The one thing I'm still worried about is no rumors about Mahoney status or replacement. I'm ecstatic to add Trey Smith but I hope that doesn't keep Mahoney here cause he won't even develop Trey Smith.

Really? That's pretty damn pathetic if you ask me. He doesn't kiss ass at the UTAD, so they think it's amusing to put out fake story lines? That's freakin sorry ass **** right there.

He's a big supporter of Blackburns, so I guess they'd not hire him , because, you know, it would be amusimg and all. Tee hee.

Glad you could shed some light on the ridiculous idiots working at UT. As a successful alum, they are wearing my ass out. Good to know that there are petty, small minded, pieces of **** running things. I know not to send the check. Must appreciated!!!

Meh.
If he did his job and verified before reporting rumors then he doesn't look like a dumbass

As to the UT admin "small minded POS" is very accurate IMO.

Meh.
If he did his job and verified before reporting rumors then he doesn't look like a dumbass

As to the UT admin "small minded POS" is very accurate IMO.

He does his job. He provides an entertaining radio show.

If we need the latest insight on what jersey UT is wearing, then I guess he just doesn't have those kind of connections.

Reactions: 2 people

All of this would be incredible and a significant step in the right direction. You start getting more assistants in who have performed at a high level in college or NFL you instantly become more attractive to recruits and have potential to perform at an extremely high level if everyone gels together.

Three things need to happen for this to be successful (if it does indeed happen):

1. Timing: This needs to happen right after the bowl game. The star power of these hires should shine brightly in the eyes of top recruits and right after the bowl game will give 2 months for that light to shine before signing day.

2. CEO Butch: If he indeed puts together an All-Star esque staff like this Butch needs to step back, become the facilitator rather than have his hands in all things, put faith in these fellas and let them get it done!

3. Patience by VolNation: Whether you like CBJ or not you must give this time to come together. Once you make big time hires and new schemes/concepts come in it will take time for it to sink in and players become successful. As much as some would want to have him fired even if we go 9-3 or 10-2 this next year remember what we have in place and it may take more than a year for all to sink in and elite results be shown on the field. You don't assemble this kind of staff to just destroy it after one year so be patient, let your disgust/hatred/disappointment in Butch be set aside, trust the process and let it ride!

This has the potential to set us up for year in year out success and end the 2010's with a Big Orange Bang!

With Dave Hart pretty much mailing it in, I wonder who Butch would consult with when shaking up the staff? DeBord possibly... but what about deciding what to do about possible changes in the OC? I wonder if Butch and DeBord discuss transitioning to the next OC with DeBord moving into an alternate role?

Is Butch on his own right now as far as hire/fire decisions go with the OC/DC?

VN Store

Back