Basilio blog today

Really? That's pretty damn pathetic if you ask me. He doesn't kiss ass at the UTAD, so they think it's amusing to put out fake story lines? That's freakin sorry ass **** right there.

He's a big supporter of Blackburns, so I guess they'd not hire him , because, you know, it would be amusimg and all. Tee hee.

Glad you could shed some light on the ridiculous idiots working at UT. As a successful alum, they are wearing my ass out. Good to know that there are petty, small minded, pieces of **** running things. I know not to send the check. Must appreciated!!!

If you think that doesn't happen in every school and sports organization (and most businesses), then you're incredibly naive about the way media works.

Reactions: 2 people
Deerpark I keep checking this lame thread to see if you drop any info on Helfrich. Have you yet posted in the Helfrich thread?

Deerpark I keep checking this lame thread to see if you drop any info on Helfrich. Have you yet posted in the Helfrich thread?

I said several times in this thread that I'm hearing the same things Brice has reported, that Helfrich is a legitimate option. But I also think it's a bad time to be bidding with other schools for an OC when you don't have an AD that can say yes with one phone call. A high six-figure contract will have to go up the food chain right now.

He's a west-coast guy, but most of the high-paying OC spots open this coaching cycle are midwest and east coast, so I don't think that hurts us. LSU is a real contender for him as well, but we already run a similar system. The players for his system are pretty much here. He'd have to build a spread system at LSU. That helps us. Helfrich is a guy that is going to want to have success right away.

We need to throw the money at him and make this move happen... I think DeBord has done some good things but is predictable at times and doesn't turn the QB loose in the run game till 2nd half

I said several times in this thread that I'm hearing the same things Brice has reported, that Helfrich is a legitimate option. But I also think it's a bad time to be bidding with other schools for an OC when you don't have an AD that can say yes with one phone call. A high six-figure contract will have to go up the food chain right now.

He's a west-coast guy, but most of the high-paying OC spots open this coaching cycle are midwest and east coast, so I don't think that hurts us. LSU is a real contender for him as well, but we already run a similar system. The players for his system are pretty much here. He'd have to build a spread system at LSU. That helps us. Helfrich is a guy that is going to want to have success right away.
Thank you very much. Some of this I hadn't read from you. However, I was more waiting/hoping for a post when you say the odds are better than 50/50.

If you think that doesn't happen in every school and sports organization (and most businesses), then you're incredibly naive about the way media works.

Not that u give two craps about what think, but there is little I despise less than the "it happens every....."
One, it doesn't. Two, it doesn't diminish the piss poor, pathetic, POS way it reflects on those doing it.

Deer,

Why are we dicking around so much with appointing a new AD? Why does this process have to be so damn slow?? Every day we don't have someone in place, the longer it just puts our athletics in purgatory.

Not that u give two craps about what think, but there is little I despise less than the "it happens every....."
One, it doesn't. Two, it doesn't diminish the piss poor, pathetic, POS way it reflects on those doing it.

Hey man, let it ride. You guys just disagree.

Deer,

Why are we dicking around so much with appointing a new AD? Why does this process have to be so damn slow?? Every day we don't have someone in place, the longer it just puts our athletics in purgatory.

Dicking around is what UT does best. :crazy:

When is the last time coaching changes have saved a HC? Buys some time and adds to the buyout total is usually what happens.

Deer,

Because a new chancellor had to be hired first. That person will not be officially hired until the Board of Trustees confirms her on the 15th.

Once that happens, we will move quickly to hire someone, will probably have an offer out to a candidate 5-7 days after the chancellor is confirmed by the BOT.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I find it odd how angry this seems to have made you.

I've worked for five pro sports teams and I can tell you it's happened at every one. I haven't been a part of it because communicating with the media is not my area, but I can tell you it happened.

I'm sorry that you're mad Tony was led astray 8 years ago. It's happened to plenty of shows and hosts and media members. But people think it's funnier when it happens to certain ones.

Reactions: 1 person

I've worked the opposite (media) side from DeerPark, albeit on a smaller scale than pros, but yes, it does happen with everyone. People who make a living in the realm of reporting unsubstantiated rumors put a target on their own heads.

If there was a push for FACT over IMMEDIACY, it would serve everyone better. If you as a journalist can't be assed to make a few more inquiries before your twitter fingers get rolling, that's your own damn fault. It's also a good way to see who information is going through or to.

It's not like the UTAD is putting out press releases with fake information. If you're not the slightest bit wary of information when dealing unofficially, I can't help you.

Because a new chancellor had to be hired first. That person will not be officially hired until the Board of Trustees confirms her on the 15th.

Once that happens, we will move quickly to hire someone, will probably have an offer out to a candidate 5-7 days after the chancellor is confirmed by the BOT.
I just Got a gut feeling they are gonna screw this hire up..

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I find it odd how angry this seems to have made you.

I've worked for five pro sports teams and I can tell you it's happened at every one. I haven't been a part of it because communicating with the media is not my area, but I can tell you it happened.

I'm sorry that you're mad Tony was led astray 8 years ago. It's happened to plenty of shows and hosts and media members. But people think it's funnier when it happens to certain ones.

I have no idea what you're talking about as far as anyone being led astray.

Angry?
Just calling it how I see it. If you think I'm angry, you'd be wrong.

Does Beverly "DeAngelo" Davenport really have that much influence in this decision?

Lol no but when I heard him call her that I lost it! I vowed that I would forever refer to her as that LOL!

Lol.. yeah, when he did it, i was like wait, thats the woman from all the vacation movies.. i laughed too.. now he says it all the time.. i chuckle

Notes from John Brice: David Blackburn may be all but a lock to be named AD once a contract is finalized. Could be before Christmas, definitely before the end of the year. Rock Gullickson is expected to take over as the director of strength and conditioning. As is, the rest of the S&C staff will remain in place. He'll be replacing Lawson in his vacant position. The Helfrich talk is real. Very real. Some thought that it gets done. Vols may also add Brady Hoke as DL coach and are after Terry Fair as secondary coach.

Buddy of mine sent me this. no idea if it is legit

If this is legit probably some of the smartest moves Jones has made.

Excerpt from what "Orange Throat" posted today:

BUTCH EVALUATING PROGRAM: Insiders are saying Butch Jones is pondering several changes in his program. It is pretty safe to say a new strength coach is on the way and veteran Rock Gullickson is the favorite. Gullickson was in the college game in the 1990s at Texas and Louisville, and has been in the NFL since. He is currently the strength coach for the struggling L.A. Rams. There are persistent rumors that Jones will bring in a new OC/QB coach but we don't believe there is much truth to the Mark Helferich rumor. Also, lots of chatter at the Anderson Center that DB coach Willie Martinez will not be back and DL coach Steve Stripling will be assigned to another role or will retire. DC Bob Shoop has two years left on his contract and indications are Jones is going to put his hopes on injuries being why Shoop's defense was so wretched down the stretch and will retain him.

BUTCH EVALUATING PROGRAM: Insiders are saying Butch Jones is pondering several changes in his program. It is pretty safe to say a new strength coach is on the way and veteran Rock Gullickson is the favorite. Gullickson was in the college game in the 1990s at Texas and Louisville, and has been in the NFL since. He is currently the strength coach for the struggling L.A. Rams. There are persistent rumors that Jones will bring in a new OC/QB coach but we don't believe there is much truth to the Mark Helferich rumor. Also, lots of chatter at the Anderson Center that DB coach Willie Martinez will not be back and DL coach Steve Stripling will be assigned to another role or will retire. DC Bob Shoop has two years left on his contract and indications are Jones is going to put his hopes on injuries being why Shoop's defense was so wretched down the stretch and will retain him.

Very disappointing if Helfrich is not hired.

That was certainly some of it but I refuse to believe it was all of it. Our secondary regressed as the season went on.

VN Store

Back