will we have to go with Guarantano to run the ball

I think it's like that every year. Similar to everything on defense starting and ending with DL...JMEO of course

It depends on what you have to work with right? If you don't have an OLINE and don't have a pass game you play to your strengths. You always revert to playing with your strengths... this year, for the first time in a long time our strengths are OLINE and QB. We will be better then years past, and next year be even better. Coach Jones is improving exponentially at this point. Think about next years offense... whoa.

Guarantano can make you miss better and is stronger . he can run through arm tackles. Dromedy is a under rated runner, but my get banged up trying

What is your proof for that besides skin color?

FWIW, I believe Dormady outweighs JG by about 30 lbs. He's well put together.

Reactions: 3 people
Did Dobbs4Heisman start a new account?

No. If the OL plays to potential, UT's O will start to look more like the O's Jones had at Cincy but with more talent. He has never really wanted his QB to be the leading rusher. He said from the start he wanted the QB to run a handful of times per game. FWIW, Cincy had the 1st or 2nd best rushing O in the BE in all three of Jones' years there. Only one QB gained more than 300 yds in a season... and some of them were very effective runners.

Dont let facts get in their way. We've watched Dobbs run around the field the past 4 years because thats simply what his strength and instincts were. Some people are so simple minded they've come to believe our offense cant function without a QB tucking and running for 100+ a game. Ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 person
At this point, Dormady deserves to start because he is more experienced and performed somewhat better in the spring. This is not set in stone and can change if JG has a better fall practice, or Dormady does not perform well in the early games, but for now, it should be his job. No one will know who passes better or runs better until they get into actual college game action against starting players, regardless of what they did in high school.

No.

Listen, I am not a grammar Nazi. However, I am an RLA teacher, so I always notice grammar mistakes of others. I don't point those mistakes out because we're not in class, and I'm not the grammar police. With all of that said, reading the posts of Forgiven is painful. That is all.
i was the kid in class that gave the english teacher the middle finger

Ok, I know this is going to go over like a ton of bricks, JG is very injury prone. He is probably a better runner than Dormady, but not by much. JG got hurt twice in high school and couldn't finish either season. What's going to happen when he gets hit by grown-a$$ men in the SEC? He will get hurt. I hope I am wrong, but I just have this feeling. Dormady will be UTs starter for the next 2 years and run just well enough to keep the defense honest. Plus, I expect Dormady to shred defenses in the passing game. JG will never be the starter full time at UT. JG will wnd up hurt or will transfer because he sees the writing on the wall. Dormady will be a star at UT and the next starting QB after him, will be Adrian Martinez. Martinez will give UT what everybody expects from JG, a true dual-threat QB. My opinion, take it for what is worth, which is probably absolutely nothing

At this point, Dormady deserves to start because he is more experienced and performed somewhat better in the spring. This is not set in stone and can change if JG has a better fall practice, or Dormady does not perform well in the early games, but for now, it should be his job. No one will know who passes better or runs better until they get into actual college game action against starting players, regardless of what they did in high school.

The indications are that Dormady had a pretty sizeable lead coming out of spring. You can see it not only because of how Dormady played but how much of the O he ran compared to JG. Both have guns. Both are good athletes. Both are competing. But Dormady probably has the advantage because of his comfort and understanding of the system.

JG had a summer to catch up. He may catch and pass Dormady. But if there isn't a big difference between their talent and there doesn't seem to be... it probably isn't enough for him to catch QD.

Ok, I know this is going to go over like a ton of bricks, JG is very injury prone. He is probably a better runner than Dormady, but not by much. JG got hurt twice in high school and couldn't finish either season. What's going to happen when he gets hit by grown-a$$ men in the SEC? He will get hurt. I hope I am wrong, but I just have this feeling. Dormady will be UTs starter for the next 2 years and run just well enough to keep the defense honest. Plus, I expect Dormady to shred defenses in the passing game. JG will never be the starter full time at UT. JG will wnd up hurt or will transfer because he sees the writing on the wall. Dormady will be a star at UT and the next starting QB after him, will be Adrian Martinez. Martinez will give UT what everybody expects from JG, a true dual-threat QB. My opinion, take it for what is worth, which is probably absolutely nothing

Thank goodness I've read all of your gut feelings on recruits committing "today".
Otherwise, I'd be worried :)

i do not talk about peoples skin color, i have my ideas like you have yours. i not here to prove any thing

Then don't spew non-sense as if it were fact like you did to open this thread. If you don't know then you don't. Nothing wrong with that. But don't make definitive claims out of pure ignorance... based on nothing except possibly skin color. You've never seen JG run in live action vs CFB defensive players. He's not as big as QD. Their straight line speed is similar.

IIRC, QD had a couple of decent keeps in junk time over the last couple of years. That's the ONLY real thing we have to go on... and it isn't enough.

The coaches say both can run and throw. They both say they can run and throw. Only you say that JG has to run for UT to run the ball... now prove it or dry up.

So y'all are saying put JG in the game for running/read option plays and QD for passing plays?

Why don't we just go ahead and give the other team our play book and a class on our sideline signals? That's about the only way we could be even more obvious with our plays than what your suggesting..

Coaches have said Dormady could scoot better than most think. I think he is more athletic than he's given credit for. With our O-Line, he just needs to keep the D honest. Hopefully that's all we need him to do.

Agree. Defenses knew Worley wasn't really going anywhere.

Did Dobbs4Heisman start a new account?

No. If the OL plays to potential, UT's O will start to look more like the O's Jones had at Cincy but with more talent. He has never really wanted his QB to be the leading rusher. He said from the start he wanted the QB to run a handful of times per game. FWIW, Cincy had the 1st or 2nd best rushing O in the BE in all three of Jones' years there. Only one QB gained more than 300 yds in a season... and some of them were very effective runners.

This. This o line should be as good as the one we had in 2013, and I think the qb will be better than Worley or peterman at the time.

I have a hard time believing this year's offense will look like it has the last two years, and there's more talent than there was in 2013.

Then don't spew non-sense as if it were fact like you did to open this thread. If you don't know then you don't. Nothing wrong with that. But don't make definitive claims out of pure ignorance... based on nothing except possibly skin color. You've never seen JG run in live action vs CFB defensive players. He's not as big as QD. Their straight line speed is similar.

IIRC, QD had a couple of decent keeps in junk time over the last couple of years. That's the ONLY real thing we have to go on... and it isn't enough.

The coaches say both can run and throw. They both say they can run and throw. Only you say that JG has to run for UT to run the ball... now prove it or dry up.
this is not a court room . it is a forum where fans share ideas. if you do not like my ideas i am ok with that. there are no shortage of treads for you to express your self on. try one

Only problem with your theory is Dormady had more rushing stats in high school than JG. To say he'll be more of an effective runner than Dormady is silly.

Hell with this talent on the O-Line and hopefully better coaching by Wells, we shouldn't need our QBs to run the ball.

According to their HS stats listed on MaxPreps neither is much of a running QB - maybe 20ish yards each per game.

Dormady Sr Yr 65 carries 261 yards 5 TDs (10 games)

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/qui...EeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

Guarantano Sr Yr 83 carries 206 yards 6 TDs (10 games)

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jar...EeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

According to their HS stats listed on MaxPreps neither is much of a running QB - maybe 20ish yards each per game.

Dormady Sr Yr 65 carries 261 yards 5 TDs (10 games)

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/qui...EeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

Guarantano Sr Yr 83 carries 206 yards 6 TDs (10 games)

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jar...EeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm
the players on the team say Dormady is a pin point passer , they say Guarantano can fly he is real fast

Thank goodness I've read all of your gut feelings on recruits committing "today".
Otherwise, I'd be worried :)

Exactly. "U know nothing, Dog". As Ygritte, from "Games of Thrones" would say to me. Although, I was wrong about the day, Lyn-J did eventually commit. I, also think Cam Jones and Shocky will eventually commit to UT. But, I know what u mean, charger.

Btw, how u feeling? Were u able to finally get to eat some ice chips and hopefully, some real food? Best wishes and I hope u get to come home soon

Dont let facts get in their way. We've watched Dobbs run around the field the past 4 years because thats simply what his strength and instincts were. Some people are so simple minded they've come to believe our offense cant function without a QB tucking and running for 100+ a game. Ridiculous.

Behind the o-line we've had the last 3 years, it's definitely necessary. Do you remember what the offense was like in 2014 before Dobbs took over?

Unless you think the guys who were terrible the last couple of years along the offensive line are suddenly gonna get better this year, we'll need the threat of the QB run to keep defensive line's honest. Otherwise they'll be rushing like mad after our QB if he's a statue in the pocket.

Reactions: 2 people
This. This o line should be as good as the one we had in 2013, and I think the qb will be better than Worley or peterman at the time.

I have a hard time believing this year's offense will look like it has the last two years, and there's more talent than there was in 2013.

What evidence do you have to base that on? Other than Trey Smith coming in, we'll be playing the same guys who were god awful last year.

I made the mistake last year of thinking experience would improve the offensive line. It didn't help last year. They were actually worse in 2016 than they were in 2015.

Reactions: 2 people
What evidence do you have to base that on? Other than Trey Smith coming in, we'll be playing the same guys who were god awful last year.

I made the mistake last year of thinking experience would improve the offensive line. It didn't help last year. They were actually worse in 2016 than they were in 2015.
you got that wright

VN Store

Back