Hubbs reporting...

Please to God, please Ole pleaseeeee, relieve Butch of his duties today.

Currie probably just brought them donuts and coffee to take away the sting of the 33 point loss

Currie probably saying, "I saw a lot of progress out there last night. I like the direction we are heading. My mentor Hamilton would be proud of me."

Reactions: 1 person
Here is what I know this morning.....I will go ahead and get it out there....Coaches have assembled normal trend to prepare for next game.....JC has arrived some minutes ago....JC normally meets in the afternoon with coaches on Sunday..../implied he was there early)....I don't know what is going to happen......He went on to say..a lot of people wondering this morning.... a lot of people with questions regarding Butch....Players, Parents, Recruits, Coaches, Coach's families....there are real lives involved in this....we will see what happens as the day progresses as the hours progress as to what JC elects to do.

Makes no difference at this point. Let him finish the season.

I just can't believe Currie is sitting around doing nothing about this. He should be fired before Butch.

Currie made them breakfast?

Flapjacks?

tenor.gif

Reactions: 6 people

It may not make a W or L difference but the perception of the program does. Especially if you are going to hire a new coach and the new coach is hiring a new staff. Families of players want to know. When you see us with the biggest loss to an unranked team basically in our history and the biggest loss at home in over 100 years then you settle into a national perception of being the 13th or 14th ranked team not in the country but in the SEC. Outside of the APR issue, we are worse than when Dooley left. We are in the 120's on both sides of the ball. Who worth a flip wants to come here with this administration? It's horrible.

Currie is probably there to tell Botch he got the funding to finish the brick covering up the national title trophy project.

Maybe get some input on the shading of the smoky gray uniforms for next season.

I didn't say it would or wouldn't....just relaying what I hear.

Understood. My point is that the only thing we, as fans, gain by firing him now is not having to look at him and listen to him anymore. The kids still have a slim chance of making a bowl. Two games left. If we reach 8 losses, this should be all on Butch. No asterisk and no excuses. Butch owns this place in UT history. Wouldn't give him the out of saying he didn't get losses 7 and 8 or that he didn't get a fair shake.

This is a great day to fire the coach and if for some ridiculous reason the coach can't be fired today then his is a great day to fire the AD.

Reactions: 3 people
I just can't believe Currie is sitting around doing nothing about this. He should be fired before Butch.

Currie has done more than we know....He is just trying to give the team and the seniors the best chance they have at going to a bowl game. That doesn't look likely...now. I personally think JC will pull the plug today. He can't be accused of not giving Butch a chance......No coach wants to work for an AD who is unfair to his coach.

Reactions: 2 people

the problem i have if they wait until the end of the season, is what are we supposed to do for the next two weeks as fans? sit around and do nothing?

This thing is happening today........Brent is all over this and is saying openly that JC is talking with his inner circle. No way this doesn't happen.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back