Dan Mullen or Greg Schanio? Now Currie's targets

To me that guy is Les Miles.....

Between Mullen & Schanio I'll take the guy that took 2& 3* talent and beat top 5 teams vs the guy in Mullen who uses 2&3* talent as the reason he can't win....

Mullen has used the same excuses he couldn't win that Butch used at Tennessee for years...

Truth is Butch and Mullen both coach scared to loose... and have all the excuses in the world on why they don't win.

Versus Schanio who won BIG GAMES with the players he had by development & making them tough men

Mullen beat the #8, #12, #2 teams in 3 straight games. Please tell me where Schiano has done anything close to that.....

Reactions: 1 person

Of all the "big name" coaches and many of the lesser known ones... Miles is the worst. He is gone from LSU for basically the same reason Jones is gone from UT. He can't coach. He can recruit. Miles' players were probably better developed. But his poor coaching repeatedly cost LSU games and they finally got enough of it.

UT MUST hire a guy with elite game day skills. That's not Miles.

If we don't get Gruden, is Mullins or Schaino the best we can do? I'd rather see us take the 10 mil for Gruden and throw it at Jimbo Fisher or Chip Kelly. If they don't bite, throw it at someone else who's a proven winner and program builder at high D1 or NFL level. 10 mil should get us the cream of the crop. Shoot for the stars. I'm tired of average to below average.

0-9. I refuse to believe that Saban is unbeatable. We are already making excuses for our next coach to extend Saban's win streak indefinitely. I think we should hire a coach who gives us a chance to beat Saban and win the SEC.

Saban is 130-19 at Alabama. So, I guess he actually is beatable?.......

Of all the "big name" coaches and many of the lesser known ones... Miles is the worst. He is gone from LSU for basically the same reason Jones is gone from UT. He can't coach. He can recruit. Miles' players were probably better developed. But his poor coaching repeatedly cost LSU games and they finally got enough of it.

UT MUST hire a guy with elite game day skills. That's not Miles.

Les Miles always fielded a competitive hard nosed teams.... he had some amazing trick plays. LSU has never been able to attract good QB's

Best game day skills out there is Bobby Petrino
But he can't run a program as well top to bottom.

Schanio did it all. Program builder,hard nose coach, teams played tough, excellent recruiting...

Mullen beat the #8, #12, #2 teams in 3 straight games. Please tell me where Schiano has done anything close to that.....

His best season and finished 2nd in the west. Every other season not counting this season, he has finished 4th or worse in the west.

les miles always fielded a competitive hard nosed teams.... He had some amazing trick plays. Lsu has never been able to attract good qb's

best game day skills out there is bobby petrino
but he can't run a program as well top to bottom.

Schanio did it all. Program builder,hard nose coach, teams played tough, excellent recruiting...
Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

Over ranked teams to start the year.....

Schanio beat the #3 team and won most of his games vs the top 25

Plus after he got his recruits in at RUTGERS he stayed in the top 10-15 most of the time.....

Once again AT RUTGERS
Very impressive why the NFL took a chance on him at HC

His style like Spurrier's & Saban's didn't translate

Reactions: 2 people
Over ranked teams to stay the year.....

Plus after he got his recruits in at RUTGERS he stayed in the top 10-15 most of the time.....

Once again AT RUTGERS
Very impressive why the NFL took a chance on him at HC

His style like Spurrier's & Saban's didn't translate

So you’re saying beating a Big East Louisville Ranked #3 is better than beating any top ten ranked SEC team?

Between Mullen & Schanio I'll take the guy that took 2& 3* talent and beat top 5 teams vs the guy in Mullen who uses 2&3* talent as the reason he can't win....

Mullen has used the same excuses he couldn't win that Butch used at Tennessee for years...

Truth is Butch and Mullen both coach scared to loose... and have all the excuses in the world on why they don't win.

Versus Schanio who won BIG GAMES with the players he had by development & making them tough men

Stop with the BS. Mullen hasn't made excuses for his losses. It is also more BS that him getting conservative late against Bama means he always coaches scared. Just you throwing crap.

You also act like Mullen has never defeated top teams, when the truth is he has victories over TAMU, LSU (@ Baton Rouge), and Auburn when they were all in the top 10. And that victory against Auburn was a #2 (Auburn) vs #3 (MSU) matchup.

over ranked teams to start the year.....

plus after he got his recruits in at rutgers he stayed in the top 10-15 most of the time.....

Once again at rutgers
very impressive why the nfl took a chance on him at hc

his style like spurrier's & saban's didn't translate

dreams.gif

So you’re saying beating a Big East Louisville Ranked #3 is better than beating any top ten ranked SEC team?

No

I'm saying it's harder to do that at RUTGERS

Than to do what Mullen has done at Mississippi State

You do realize that Tennessee is the only beaten down fanbase that even wants Dan Mullen ?

He was 4th twice and 5th 5 times in the past 8 years not including this year.

ok, then add aTm or Ole miss the year they were good.

either way. you're still talking about a program that accumulated a whopping .300 record in the SEC over it's entire lifetime....good for 2nd worst...ever.

it's not the expectation for MSU, no matter the coach, to win the division or even finish 2nd or 3rd, all that regularly, if at all.

the goal for that program is go to a bowl, and maybe every once in a while you catch lightning in a bottle and do something more....like in 2014.

Have any idea how old les miles is ???

Have any idea how old les miles is ???

Yes 2 years younger than Nick Saban.

Tennessee needs a proven hire. Not a well maybe he could do better if he was at Tennessee....

This is the reasoning in hiring Butch Jones.....

Same reasons are being thrown out for Dan Mullen...

Well he would do better at Tennessee.

We need proven as a HC not well he could be better at Tennessee

Yes 2 years younger than Nick Saban.

Tennessee needs a proven hire. Not a well maybe he could do better if he was at Tennessee....

This is the reasoning in hiring Butch Jones.....

Same reasons are being thrown out for Dan Mullen and greg schiano...

fify.

VN Store

Back