WIth rumors on Chip Kelly

Tennessee was the most profitable program in the nation. You're trolling if you think TCU can out spend us.

And is there in state talent better? Sure. But they share it with A&M, Tech, Texas, Baylor, Houston, etc. Their talent may be better than ours, but not when you divide it 6 ways.
Most profitable is great for paying day-to-day bills. I think when it comes to retaining a top-5 coach that is the Neyland of their program, it’s past the balance sheet. TCU is a wealthier institution and community than UT. They would likely match whatever offer UT would make.

Everyone shares talent, but their natural talent base is much better than UT.

Try the last 10 years.

TCU has more money and more talent. Knoxville and Tennessee don’t compete with DFW.

UT isn’t Nebraska in trouble, but it’s a bit of an overvalued stock. There is no competitive advantage over TCU.

Well there's one glaring one, we play in the SEC.

If you have to ask you may not understand college football.

You’re right, it isn’t really a question to a coach weighing two equal offers. With how many coaches get fired in the SEC it’s a distinct disadvantage. To the rest of the nation it’s Bama and the other 13.

You’re simply not looking at this correctly.

How does a tiny school like TCU have a bigger endowment than UT? Because they have alumni with very deep pockets that care about the institution. Institutions have more ways to pay for a coach than what’s reported annually in their athletic department balance sheets. TCU as an institution and community could easily match what UT would offer.

Last edited:
Try the last 10 years.

TCU has more money and more talent. Knoxville and Tennessee don’t compete with DFW.

UT isn’t Nebraska in trouble, but it’s a bit of an overvalued stock. There is no competitive advantage over TCU.

The vols football pulls in more money than anyone except Texas.........TCU isn't even close. Tennessee could pay him whatever they wanted if they wanted......TCU cannot do that. Also if you think there isn't an advantage at Tennessee than I don't know what to say.

Even down Tennessee recruits better than TCU......Tennessee was 9-4 last year......TCU was 6-7.......Patterson is a very good coach but TCU is NOT a destination job. Nothing in the program is better than anything Tennessee has.

He may stay who knows but some folks are just too disturbed by the past 9 years or so. Sure Tennessee has been down but even a down Tennessee brings in more money, more talent, and more media exposure.

Last edited:
The vols football pulls in more money than anyone except Texas.........TCU isn't even close. Tennessee could pay him whatever they wanted if they wanted......TCU cannot do that. Also if you think there isn't an advantage at Tennessee than I don't know what to say.

Even down Tennessee recruits better than TCU......Tennessee was 9-4 last year......TCU was 6-7.......Patterson is a very good coach but Tennessee is NOT a destination job. Nothing in the program is better than anything Tennessee has.

He may stay who knows but some folks are just too disturbed by the past 9 years or so. Sure Tennessee has been down but even a down Tennessee brings in more money, more talent, and more media exposure.
You’ve never left Knoxville, have you?

TCU has more than enough to match UT. I’m not talking about cash that the programs generate. Paying for coaching salaries isn’t limited to that.

How does a tiny school like TCU have a bigger endowment than UT? Because they have alumni with very deep pockets that care about the institution. Institutions have more ways to pay for a coach than what’s reported annually in their athletic department balance sheets. TCU as an institution and community could easily match what UT would offer.

Troll on

There’s no doubt that’s all you have for a rebuttal.

There’s no shame in not being able to outbid TCU for Patterson. UT doesn’t need to do that to have success. There are great coaches that would have tremendous seasons here, and that would come if offered.

TCU has more than enough to match UT. I’m not talking about cash that the programs generate. Paying for coaching salaries isn’t limited to that.

It’s not even worth arguing, some people think every coach wants to leave cushy gigs to come try their luck in the sec. you see some people are not happy with themselves or simply feel inadequate so they think they constantly have to prove themselves to others and believe this is how everyone else is too. They don’t comprehend that people can be happy as themselves and in any situation and don’t feel a constant need to prove themselves to the rest of the world.

These people also live in a world where UT can out spend anyone and think every other school will simply ignore the value a prove coach provides their school. They still live in the 70s n 80s where you had to come to a place like UT to get national coverage and don’t comprehend that they aren’t the only ones that get to watch all those other games on saturdays. They can’t comprehend that I’m todays world you can get just as much coverage coaching an Iowa st or TCU or any other P5 school as a Bama or UT or OSU.

These same people also can’t comprehend that over the last 10 years in college football TCU has a better image than UT of success and winning.

Reactions: 1 person

I don't live in Knoxville.

Tennessee has much better facilities, much better stadium......and even when Tennessee is down they recruit better.

Tennessee makes 104 mil
TCU makes 52 mil

Sure TCU has donors......but I assure you Tennessee does as well.

Not saying TCU is garbage but there is no arguing TCU has more to offer......it doesn't.

TCU has been better on the field for a while..... But not even all the time...... Heck TCU was 6-7 last year and Tennessee was 9-4.

But you still never showed any of those stats. Having a better team is not it.

There’s no shame in not being able to outbid TCU for Patterson. UT doesn’t need to do that to have success. There are great coaches that would have tremendous seasons here, and that would come if offered.

Most Powerful Boosters

Notice 0 TCU boosters listed. 1 Tennessee booster listed.

If it's a matter of money, and Currie wants him, he's ours. But it's not always about that.

Lol you are in a dream world

TCU could never out bid Tennessee if they wanted to bid......ever

It’s not even worth arguing, some people think every coach wants to leave cushy gigs to come try their luck in the sec. you see some people are not happy with themselves or simply feel inadequate so they think they constantly have to prove themselves to others and believe this is how everyone else is too. They don’t comprehend that people can be happy as themselves and in any situation and don’t feel a constant need to prove themselves to the rest of the world.

These people also live in a world where UT can out spend anyone and think every other school will simply ignore the value a prove coach provides their school. They still live in the 70s n 80s where you had to come to a place like UT to get national coverage and don’t comprehend that they aren’t the only ones that get to watch all those other games on saturdays. They can’t comprehend that I’m todays world you can get just as much coverage coaching an Iowa st or TCU or any other P5 school as a Bama or UT or OSU.

These same people also can’t comprehend that over the last 10 years in college football TCU has a better image than UT of success and winning.

UT can, does in some areas, out spend everyone

Last edited:

And UT doesn’t have alumni with deep pockets?

Peyton Manning probably has more money than all those donors you can think of combined 😅

Chip Kelly rumor tonight is with Florida, looks like Florida speed will Be coming back he’s hired, I now think Tennessee should hire a defensive minded coach to counter Florida, maybe a Patterson will work, or do you want a toe to toe type scoring coach?

Bump :)

And UT doesn’t have alumni with deep pockets?

Peyton Manning probably has more money than all those donors you can think of combined 😅

Of course they do. You’re being too emotional about this. TCU has the wealth needed to match any offer UT is willing to make. But sure, if you think UT’s willing to exhaust their resources and spend 100’s of millions, perhaps TCU would bow out. In reality any offer near Saban’s salary TCU can match.

Last edited:
So Florida releases a statement they are moving on form Chip Kelly going after Scott Frost. I guess Kelly goes to UCLA.

VN Store

Back