WIth rumors on Chip Kelly

I just don't trust Chip Kelly. If he was hired here, he would get my vote for most likely to one and done us.

Kiffin would take 25 years to win 10 conference championships once you account for all of the sanctions he would have us under.

10? Lol. I’m not sure he’d win one SEC title in 25 years....no damn way he would win 10, I don’t care if he was our coach for the next 100 years v

Based on the most relevant data he has a better chance there than at UT

What data is that? The fact TCU is better than Tennessee this year?

Or the data that shows Tennessee has WAY more money, or Tennessee can recruit WAY more & better talent, or Tennessee gets more exposure, or what?

What data shows Patterson can win a title easier at TCU?

What data is that? The fact TCU is better than Tennessee this year?

Or the data that shows Tennessee has WAY more money, or Tennessee can recruit WAY more & better talent, or Tennessee gets more exposure, or what?

What data shows Patterson can win a title easier at TCU?

Try the last 10 years.

TCU has more money and more talent. Knoxville and Tennessee don’t compete with DFW.

UT isn’t Nebraska in trouble, but it’s a bit of an overvalued stock. There is no competitive advantage over TCU.

Last edited:
If I am Tennessee, just stay away from any coach associated with agent Jimmy Sexton. Jimmy has given us:

Phil Fulmer's buyout that we paid for years.
Lane Kiffin with a low $800,000 buyout for USC to steal him easily.
Derek Dooley's buyout that we paid for years.
Butch hired Jimmy as his agent in July 2017 and the season has been awful. We will be paying his buyout for years.

Now, Jimmy trying to push Mullen on Tennessee. Stay away from Jimmy Sexton clients.

Reactions: 1 person
Try the last 10 years.

TCU has more money and more talent. Knoxville and Tennessee don’t compete with DFW.

UT isn’t Nebraska in trouble, but it’s a bit of an overvalued stock. There is no competitive advantage over TCU.
10 years is not a very good sample size.

Do you really think 10 years from now TCU will be better than UT?

10 years is not a very good sample size.

Do you really think 10 years from now TCU will be better than UT?

For your narrative it isn’t. But including success from over 40 years ago isn’t a good sample. The dynamics have changed.

You never know, but it’s very likely TCU will be better than UT. They should be anyways, given their wealth, local talent pool, and that recruits only know them as being successful.

Try the last 10 years.

TCU doesn't have anywhere near the money we have. We spend more on recruiting than anyone and were the most profitable school in the nation (I think it was 15 or 16)

TCU doesn't have anywhere near the money we have. We spend more on recruiting than anyone and were the most profitable school in the nation (I think it was 15 or 16)

First, ask why we need to spend more than anyone on recruiting? TCU doesn’t need to being in DFW.

AD reported budgets are very limited views of wealth. TCU can spend whatever is needed. Hell, as a private institution they can spend in ways UT cannot.

First, ask why we need to spend more than anyone on recruiting? TCU doesn’t need to being in DFW.

AD reported budgets are very limited views of wealth. TCU can spend whatever is needed. Hell, as a private institution they can spend in ways UT cannot.

Tennessee was the most profitable program in the nation. You're trolling if you think TCU can out spend us.

And is there in state talent better? Sure. But they share it with A&M, Tech, Texas, Baylor, Houston, etc. Their talent may be better than ours, but not when you divide it 6 ways.

VN Store

Back