Pruitt is asking vol fans to help in recruiting!

c35.gif

Reactions: 3 people
For one grown adults DO NOT need to trash recruits that decide that they are not going to come to UT. It's a really bad look all around.

Definitely step 1. Some of our yahoo fans would help recruiting altogether just by following this admonition. Don’t tweet at a kid unless it’s positive, encouraging, uplifting.

Reactions: 1 person
Definitely step 1. Some of our yahoo fans would help recruiting altogether just by following this admonition. Don’t tweet at a kid unless it’s positive, encouraging, uplifting.
So you're saying we need to pose as Bama, UGA, Clemson fans and get after these kids social media accounts?

Some of you so called Vol fans would gripe and complain if someone handed you $10,000. You would whine because it wasn't $20,000. I just wish all of you NegaVols would leave and cast your support (or lack of) to another team. We don't need you here.
All he is asking is that if you see a recruit, or know a great player just show your support to the VOLS and let them know how much you would like to see them wearing the orange and white. He is not asking you to go sit in someone's house and beg. Man, some of you are so clueless.

Reactions: 3 people
I think he's asking you Knoxville people to make a human chain around Mayes' home to prevent Dabo from entry.

Personally I hope Mayes changes his mind and commits to UT. If he doesn't then he was NEVER a VFL to begin with and he can take a hike. My question for Mr. Mayes is "down the road if you get married and your marriage gets a little bumpy, are you going to immediately jump ship"? Yes, its been bumpy this year with the Vols but we will be back. TRUE ORANGE NEVER RUNS. If you are not TRUE ORANGE then buh-bye....don't let the screen door hit you!
GBO!!!

Personally I hope Mayes changes his mind and commits to UT. If he doesn't then he was NEVER a VFL to begin with and he can take a hike. My question for Mr. Mayes is "down the road if you get married and your marriage gets a little bumpy, are you going to immediately jump ship"? Yes, its been bumpy this year with the Vols but we will be back. TRUE ORANGE NEVER RUNS. If you are not TRUE ORANGE then buh-bye....don't let the screen door hit you!
GBO!!!
He committed way too soon. Was he 15 or 16 at the time? There's a reason people that age cannot make binding contracts on their own. I wish coaches wouldn't accept commits from guys who are not at least rising juniors, but I guess everyone has to play the game. Whatever CM decides, I don't blame CJP who has come in on this cycle too late to have any big effect on a prospect who soured on us.

I'm going to have to draw my fandom line at the idea of fluffing a recruit on social media to get him to come to Tennessee. That's ridiculous.

Reactions: 4 people
The fans have to do it all this year. We stopped a bad coaching hire, got the AD fired and now we have to recruit the players. 😂😂

Btw, did the #1 TE commit to us yet? He only wanted 20,000 followers and saw we got him 25k in just a few hours

No big deal, I think Kirby did this too. It's all good.

If Pruitt is serious, he really needs to get some guidelines and ideas out there of how he would want this done. I can see a whole lot more harm than good taking place if no more than just the Grudenite loons took this serious and starting intervening with kids stalking them online. That would be no bueno and that's not even counting all the others here doing the same as well.

Reactions: 1 person
[“Remember, every one of us represent Tennessee,” Pruitt said. “It’s recruiting season, so if you can touch somebody, let’s touch them all.”

I know what he was trying to say, but it's probably best we don't show this to the guys in the RF.

Boneheads.

There is nothing wrong with liking a potential recruits tweet, or forwarding it. Obviously the majority of people on this thread have no clue how Twitter works. It's not Facebook, you don't need to directly communicate (weird). BUT today's youth place a lot of value in how many likes and retweets and followers they receive.

Example

Recruit visits TN. Tweets about it. Volnation steps in likes the tweet 200k times and retweets it with positive reaction.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Boneheads.

There is nothing wrong with liking a potential recruits tweet, or forwarding it. Obviously the majority of people on this thread have no clue how Twitter works. It's not Facebook, you don't need to directly communicate (weird). BUT today's youth place a lot of value in how many likes and retweets and followers they receive.

Example

Recruit visits TN. Tweets about it. Volnation steps in likes the tweet 200k times and retweets it with positive reaction.
...if only everybody understood that.

VN Store

Back