The official "Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum" Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2 of the past 3 seasons his team has lost 5 of their last 6 games of the regular season.

I thought it was obvious that I was talking about his UT teams but I guess not.

He finished the regular season strong in all 3 of his seasons at UT.

There. That better?

Last edited:
Rick Barnes has notoriously hard practices which seems to help early season. But is this approach catching up to the team as the season progresses? We just look a bit tired and uninspired since playing UK.

So does Martin and his teams always seemed to play better at the end of the year

In 2 of the past 3 seasons his team has lost 5 of their last 6 games of the regular season.

I thought it was obvious that I was talking about his UT teams but I guess not.

He finished the regular season strong in all 3 of his seasons at UT.

There. That better?

Unless you think practicing hard here is somehow different than other places I don’t get your point.

Unless you think practicing hard here is somehow different than other places I don’t get your point.

I should have known better than to use your trigger word “Martin”

Here is what I know.

Martin had tough practices at UT.

Martin finished strong all 3 seasons at UT

I don’t know how his practices were at other schools. I don’t even know what his records were at other schools because I don’t follow or check up on the guy. I’m not obsessed with him as some here seem to be.

All I know is what he did here and the results.

So what’s my point? I don’t think this anecdotal experience of maybe fading down the stretch two years in a row is indicatice of anything related to hard practices because it’s not enough data and I presented Martin’s tenure as an analytical example of recent history that is contrarian to the thought.

Reactions: 2 people
I should have known better than to use your trigger word “Martin”

Here is what I know.

Martin had tough practices at UT.

Martin finished strong all 3 seasons at UT

I don’t know how his practices were at other schools. I don’t even know what his records were at other schools because I don’t follow or check up on the guy. I’m not obsessed with him as some here seem to be.

All I know is what he did here and the results.

So what’s my point? I don’t think this anecdotal experience of maybe fading down the stretch two years in a row is indicatice of anything related to hard practices because it’s not enough data and I presented Martin’s tenure as an analytical example of recent history that is contrarian to the thought.

Easy dude.

We were just pointing out that Martin’s teams collapsed two of the last three years and therefore kinda goes against his practicing hard having anything to do with strong finishes.

Easy dude.

We were just pointing out that Martin’s teams collapsed two of the last three years and therefore kinda goes against his practicing hard having anything to do with strong finishes.

I know what you were trying to say and I understood it. I’m just not real sure why it was hard to understand what I was saying.

Reactions: 1 person
I know what you were trying to say and I understood it. I’m just not real sure why it was hard to understand what I was saying.

I don’t think hard practices have anything to do with anything. That stuff is overrated. Every school in the country thinks their team has hard practices cause that’s what their coaches like to portray.

I don’t think hard practices have anything to do with anything. That stuff is overrated. Every school in the country thinks their team has hard practices cause that’s what their coaches like to portray.

I do disagree to some degree. Case in point Martin at USCe. I think his players get tired of listening to his over the top banter so they tune him out late in the year. More mental than a physical thing though

Is Grant Williams only 18 years old, as Barnes said yesterday? Hard to believe he’s that young.

Also, maybe it’s been discussed, but in the last six games Bone has 31 assists and 3 turnovers.

Reactions: 1 person
Also, maybe it’s been discussed, but in the last six games Bone has 31 assists and 3 turnovers.

Someone mentioned his brother whining on twitter about his PT. I guess these stats would sort of be his ammo.

Did anyone catch Vol calls last night? He talked about family members getting in the ears of players and telling them things that go against the coaching. He was just talking about it being a general problem but may have been directed at a specific instance as well.

Yes, it’s happened but before the tournament field expanded to 64 teams. Hasn’t happened since.

Gotcha. Wasn't aware that was a qualifier in the discussion.

Even considering that, I'm not certain that expansion has made it any tougher to run the table, but maybe it has (psychologically, perhaps). Realistically, all it has done is add an extra round against a severely overmatched 16 seed team.

Not buying daniel is that much better defensively

I actually buy that we would have a better plus minus with Bone playing the way he has the last two-three games over Daniel because of the much better offense from Bone. I’m still a “ride the hot hand” proponent though when it comes to them

I actually buy that we would have a better plus minus with Bone playing the way he has the last two-three games over Daniel because of the much better offense from Bone. I’m still a “ride the hot hand” proponent though when it comes to them

I am all for riding the hot hand.
The issue I have is it's been daniel either way lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back