Keller Chryst Shines...

Keller Chryst shines in Vols first scrimmage of training camp

I’ve been saying it since he announced his transfer, Chryst was the best QB the second he stepped on campus.

Does this mean that you are a collegiate quarterback expert who can watch film / gather data and determine a player's value faster than not only the average fan, but most likely faster than our coaching staff? If so, how did you become such an expert with those qualities?

Reactions: feathersax
Maybe Chryst was awesome, maybe he wasn’t. Info is based on the infamous “people close to the program”. That could be Chryst’s parents for all we know.
I wouldn't draw any conclusions based on the info... but it is about as reliable as the opinions of a few reporters that JG had a "huge" lead a few days ago based on the few minutes they're allowed to see.

If we knew who was going out first with the 1's and getting the most reps with the 1's then we'd have a clearer idea. Neither this nor the earlier reports saying JG led... tell us that.

Does this mean that you are a collegiate quarterback expert who can watch film / gather data and determine a player's value faster than not only the average fan, but most likely faster than our coaching staff? If so, how did you become such an expert with those qualities?
People have been saying similar things concerning JG for weeks now... why pick on CA_Vol?

Yes. But it could be poorly written when he meant to say "multiple" TD's combined. Either way, it sounds like KC looked better than JG in this particular scrimmage.

HOWEVER... just like last year, we don't know what portion of the O they're letting each guy run. We don't know if they were working on specific things with JG that caused him not to look as good. In these situations, there are always possibilities beyond knowing through casual observation.

Well, it is really poorly written if a journalist or writer can't write a simple statement as easily stated as this one. Multiple vs BOTH 1st and 2nd team D..... ISN'T COMBINED !!!

Well, it is really poorly written if a journalist or writer can't write a simple statement as easily stated as this one. Multiple vs BOTH ISN'T COMBINED vs 1st and 2nd team D!!!
Don't get mad at me. I didn't write it. Just trying to explain how it could have been miscommunicated.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Chryst... our savior.

Wait... has that joke been made already?
giphy.gif

By the way, I am not against JG at all or pro KC at all. I hope one steps up to be one of the top three QBs in the SEC. I don't care which one it is. But, the fact that JG couldn't out perform Dormady may tell us all we need to know. It will be curious to see how Dormady does this year as well.

Reactions: CA_Vol
Keller Chryst shines in Vols first scrimmage of training camp

I’ve been saying it since he announced his transfer, Chryst was the best QB the second he stepped on campus.

Thanks for post! I’m waiting for 1 guy to execute without throwing picks. Interesting:
- Good to hear that Chryst may be coming on....
- Both Chryst & JG threw picks to 2 true freshmen in the scrimmage. Last week in practice, another true frosh Alontae Taylor picked off several passes. Good players or bad passes?
- Evidently RBs played well. Jordan ran around the edge to score. I think I know which OLB lost contain.

Last edited:
By the way, I am not against JG at all or pro KC at all. I hope one steps up to be one of the top three QBs in the SEC. I don't care which one it is. But, the fact that JG couldn't out perform Dormady may tell us all we need to know. It will be curious to see how Dormady does this year as well.
Don’t think we can put much stock into last years performances considering who the coach was

It’s the only way to print anything about the scrimmage. 100+ that watched said he looked no good. WHy disagree? Where you there?

It’s a closed scrimmage for a reason, if Pruitt wanted us to know something legitimate then it would get out. And no where does it say that 100 people said Chryst looked good. Also, I don’t understand “where you there”.

Don't get mad at me. I didn't write it. Just trying to explain how it could have been miscommunicated.

No one is mad. I am highlighting for emphasis, not out of anger. Maybe you don't know how to read and just want to stir the pot like most on here. If a journalist/writer can't write simple sentences to write what he means, he shouldn't be a writer. I know how to read. As stated, multiple vs 1st and 2nd team means at least 4 TDs. I hope that stats come out at some point to show proof. I would love to see them. I don't care what situations were presented. If they both got the same number of reps vs 1st and 2nd teams which Pruitt has said would be the case and KC threw 4 TDs to JGs 0, KC is in the drivers seat as of now.

Last edited:
Help me out here. Where does it say Chryst had 4 touchdown passes? Clearly I missed that. Also the article was positive on both quarterbacks and I believe they both may have qualities the other may not. It stated Guarantano made some plays with his legs and had a pass for a long gain. None of that says to me that one is distancing himself from the other, although, I don’t have an agenda or am not biased toward one or the other either. I’m sure people can read and take only the parts they want out of an article to support their stance.
And we have absolutely no clue the situation or what the coaches called for plays.. And this writer didn't witness it for himself.. I hope both are studs.. We win either way..

The way it reads is Chryst threw at least 4 TDs and doesn't mention Guarantano throwing any, only a long gain. If that is the case, I think Pruitt was primarily talking about JG when saying QBs were holding onto the ball too long. Does that sound familiar VOLnation??? I would love to see the actual stats against ones and twos only!!!
Want to speculate some more based off an article of hearsay?

No one is mad. I am highlighting for emphasis, not out of anger. Maybe you don't know how to read and just want to stir the pot like most on here. If a journalist/writer can't write simple sentences to write what he means, he shouldn't be a writer. I know how to read. As stated, multiple vs 1st and 2nd team means at least 4 TDs. I hope that stats come out at some point to show proof. I would love to see them. I don't care what situations were presented. If they both got the same number of reps vs 1st and 2nd teams which Pruitt has said would be the case and KC threw 4 TDs to JGs 0, KC is in the drivers seat as of now.
Wow. Not mad? You sound mad.

You're wrong about that last part. If JG is leading (and a lot of people here think I'm anti-JG but I'm not) then they could be working on something more advanced in the O with him. If he's already shown he can perform against certain D's then they could be challenging him differently than KC. Considering KC's experience I hope that's not the case... but I've been around here a long time. Long enough to remember the scrimmages leading up to the 2006 season. Based on the stats and reports, many thought Crompton was seriously challenging Ainge. And what was reported about Ainge was pretty awful. Under 50%, INT's, miscues...

When it all washed out, Cut was just challenging Ainge on a different level. Crompton wasn't ready for the things they were throwing at Ainge. Ainge was the starter. They were just trying to figure out what he could handle and do.

Want to speculate some more based off an article of hearsay?
Why are you trying so hard to discredit positive news about a Volunteer player? ;)

In all seriousness, this info is about as reliable as the speculation that JG had won the job or was way ahead. We just don't know what we don't know.

Reactions: bigdaddy and CA_Vol

VN Store

Back