Keller Chryst Shines...

No one is mad. I am highlighting for emphasis, not out of anger. Maybe you don't know how to read and just want to stir the pot like most on here. If a journalist/writer can't write simple sentences to write what he means, he shouldn't be a writer. I know how to read. As stated, multiple vs 1st and 2nd team means at least 4 TDs. I hope that stats come out at some point to show proof. I would love to see them. I don't care what situations were presented. If they both got the same number of reps vs 1st and 2nd teams and KC threww 4 TDs to JGs 0. KC is in the drivers seat at least right now.

Well, just for S&G, I'll play devil's advocate here. The article's author said, "Chryst had multiple touchdown passes during the intrasquad work against both the Vols’ opening 11 and second-team defense." While I agree that it's not the most precisely written sentence, one could make the argument that the intended meaning was that the TDs were against both Ds combined, not each, because he otherwise would have said "Chryst had multiple touchdown passes during the intrasquad work against each of the Vols’ opening 11 and second-team defense." In fact, that would have been the preferred wording if it really were the case that there at least two each. If not, he should have left the word "both" out of it entirely because its inclusion created the ambiguity.

All that said, I have no doubt that you and I combined have given that sentence 72 times more thought than the author did.

By the way, I am not against JG at all or pro KC at all. I hope one steps up to be one of the top three QBs in the SEC. I don't care which one it is. But, the fact that JG couldn't out perform Dormady may tell us all we need to know. It will be curious to see how Dormady does this year as well.
Jg most definitely outperformed dormady in games.

Jg most definitely outperformed dormady in games.
No. He "most definitely" didn't. QD led the team to 3 wins. If you give credit for the half he played vs So Miss... JG led them to one win. At no point did JG manage the O as well as QD. Both guys had issues. You could argue for either guy but that's a lot like bragging about who the fastest fat kid is. You cannot say "most definitely" because that simply isn't true. QD tanked in one game- UGA. I am pretty sure that he was trying to play through an injured shoulder by then. Take that one game out... and he completed 59% of his passes compared to JG at 62% even before you consider JG's reps against 2nd teamers after games were out of hand or the degree to which they "managed" JG with short passes, single reads, and screens. I just rewatched the UK game. Until the final heave... he didn't have a completion that traveled more than 12 yards down field. He missed several downfield attempts... but they intentionally tried to keep it simple for him. Even the announcers said the coaches told them that they had simplified the O.

Wow. Not mad? You sound mad.

You're wrong about that last part. If JG is leading (and a lot of people here think I'm anti-JG but I'm not) then they could be working on something more advanced in the O with him. If he's already shown he can perform against certain D's then they could be challenging him differently than KC. Considering KC's experience I hope that's not the case... but I've been around here a long time. Long enough to remember the scrimmages leading up to the 2006 season. Based on the stats and reports, many thought Crompton was seriously challenging Ainge. And what was reported about Ainge was pretty awful. Under 50%, INT's, miscues...

When it all washed out, Cut was just challenging Ainge on a different level. Crompton wasn't ready for the things they were throwing at Ainge. Ainge was the starter. They were just trying to figure out what he could handle and do.

I think I know a little too!!! As stated, I can read. All I said was KC's 4 TDs to JGs 0 puts KC in the drivers seat CURRENTLY. That is all I said. It's my opinion, the site is full of opinions. You said you didn't read (article didn't state) where KC threw 4 TDs. I proved you wrong. Now, you are butthurt and trying to say you have been on this site for years and act as you know it all. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Brandon did tell me Murphy going to be a stud...Murphy needs to start based on these reports..I told yall Chryst going to be the real deal..I get bashed all the time when i make statements..Im always right..Lol

I dint care!! I want someone to go out there with the kahunas of Casey Clausen it Andy Kelly and win the dang game! I sure don’t want to see them lose it!!

Well, just for S&G, I'll play devil's advocate here. The article's author said, "Chryst had multiple touchdown passes during the intrasquad work against both the Vols’ opening 11 and second-team defense." While I agree that it's not the most precisely written sentence, one could make the argument that the intended meaning was that the TDs were against both Ds combined, not each, because he otherwise would have said "Chryst had multiple touchdown passes during the intrasquad work against each of the Vols’ opening 11 and second-team defense." In fact, that would have been the preferred wording if it really were the case that there at least two each. If not, he should have left the word "both" out of it entirely because its inclusion created the ambiguity.

All that said, I have no doubt that you and I combined have given that sentence 72 times more thought than the author did.

Are you saying multiple TDs vs BOTH 1st and 2nd team doesn't mean he threw multiple vs both the 1st and 2nd team? If not, explain what the writer meant. Maybe you know what he is thinking. I tend to take the MEANING FROM THE CONTEXT OF THE WORDS WRITTEN!!! LOL

I don't really care what the article says, I'm trying to figure out why John Brice couldn't have used a current photo for the article. Kamara???

Wow, I am impressed, NOT!!! 34,000 posts doesn't mean you are a know it all. It probably means you have no life. I have been on this board probably as long as you. I just have a new screen name. The other was deleted because I said some derogatory things about a lot of posters on this site stirring the pot for click bait to create hits for the site. True or not, it was the way I felt. I have followed the football team very closely for 35 years. I think I know a little too!!! As stated, I can read. All I said was KC's 4 TDs to JGs 0 puts KC in the drivers seat CURRENTLY. That is all I said. It's my opinion, the site is full of opinions. You said you didn't read (article didn't state) where KC threw 4 TDs. I proved you wrong. Now, you are butthurt and trying to say you have been on this site for years and act as you know it all. LOL
Bet you were really unlikeable when you were that other poster. 😉 If sjt’s post count got you so discombobulated and spastic, mine has to be grand mal seizure level for you! Always thought of my life as pretty damn good...guess I’ll tell the wife, kids and grandyungin it’s all been a lie.

Wow, I am impressed, NOT!!! 34,000 posts doesn't mean you are a know it all. It probably means you have no life.
So because someone disagrees with you.. and on your original claim I was just pointing out a possibility... you get offensive? You're not mad though, right?
I just have a new screen name.
I've kept the same one because I don't want to run from what I've said... good or bad... right or wrong.
I have followed the football team very closely for 35 years. I think I know a little too!!! As stated, I can read. All I said was KC's 4 TDs to JGs 0 puts KC in the drivers seat CURRENTLY. That is all I said. It's my opinion, the site is full of opinions. You said you didn't read where KC threw 4 TDs. I proved you wrong. Now, you are butthurt and trying to say you have been on this site for years and act as you know it all. LOL
No. You didn't "prove" anything of the sort. And honestly... I didn't deny that KC threw 4 TD's or more... or less. I didn't even accuse you of reading the quote wrong... just that it may have not been written clearly.

I'm "butthurt"... LOL... you might want to go back and read what we've said to each other.

Oh, regardless of what you "know"... a single scrimmage statistical performance doesn't put anyone in the driver's seat. And you STILL don't know what the scrimmage objectives were for either player. Did you understand what I was saying about Ainge in 2006? If one guy is asked to bench 125 lbs and does it 10 times... that does not mean he's ahead of a guy who lifts 200 5 times. It means they're being challenged at different levels.

I DID NOT say that was definitely the case with JG and KC... only that it is a possibility that should prevent a reasonable person from saying "KC is in the drivers seat CURRENTLY". I said similar things over the last couple of weeks to people who claimed that JG was the guy based on passes against air, media speculations based on very little, and a former coach not associated with the program saying JG "had the locker room".

The Ainge example is a bad one since Fulmer was in his 14th year, and Pruitt is in his first. I can't see the QBs being challenged differently if it's really a competition.

Are you saying multiple TDs vs BOTH 1st and 2nd team doesn't mean he threw multiple vs both the 1st and 2nd team? If not, explain what the writer meant. Maybe you know what he is thinking. I tend to take the MEANING FROM THE CONTEXT OF THE WORDS WRITTEN!!! LOL

Dude, seriously?

tenor.gif

So because someone disagrees with you.. and on your original claim I was just pointing out a possibility... you get offensive? You're not mad though, right? I've kept the same one because I don't want to run from what I've said... good or bad... right or wrong. No. You didn't "prove" anything of the sort. And honestly... I didn't deny that KC threw 4 TD's or more... or less. I didn't even accuse you of reading the quote wrong... just that it may have not been written clearly.

I'm "butthurt"... LOL... you might want to go back and read what we've said to each other.

Oh, regardless of what you "know"... a single scrimmage statistical performance doesn't put anyone in the driver's seat. And you STILL don't know what the scrimmage objectives were for either player. Did you understand what I was saying about Ainge in 2006? If one guy is asked to bench 125 lbs and does it 10 times... that does not mean he's ahead of a guy who lifts 200 5 times. It means they're being challenged at different levels.

I DID NOT say that was definitely the case with JG and KC... only that it is a possibility that should prevent a reasonable person from saying "KC is in the drivers seat CURRENTLY". I said similar things over the last couple of weeks to people who claimed that JG was the guy based on passes against air, media speculations based on very little, and a former coach not associated with the program saying JG "had the locker room".

Ok, I see why you have 34,000 post. You like to start debates and like to have the last word. I am done. As stated, I wasn't at the scrimmage. I don't know jack. I am going off of the writer's written words. Now, you have the last word and let's end this meaningless debate. We will see who wins the QB battle in time. My money is on KC. But, I would rather it be JG due to him having more than one year of eligibility remaining. I think KC starts, JG transfers, and we have Shrout or Maurer at the helm next season. We all saw JG act like a baby on the sidelines already. If he gets benched for a one year wonder, he is gone!

Does this mean that you are a collegiate quarterback expert who can watch film / gather data and determine a player's value faster than not only the average fan, but most likely faster than our coaching staff? If so, how did you become such an expert with those qualities?

No. I made a comment of my opinion based on watching football on a message board designed to discuss said football. Where did you get your expert dork skills from?

"Chryst had multiple touchdown passes during the intrasquad work against both the Vols’ opening 11 and second-team defense". Multiple is at least two. Isn't that correct? 2 or more x 2 is at least 4. Isn't that correct??? Also, it doesn't say JG threw a TD. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. If he did, why would article say KC threw at least 4 and fail to mention JG throwing any??? If JG threw none to KC's at least 4, some nice scrambling and one throw for a long gain isn't anywhere near as impressive as at least 4 TDs!!!
Very poor logic!

Multiple = more than 1

16>1

16 x 2 = 32

Chryst obviously threw 32 touchdowns.

VN Store

Back