Tony Basilio Tweet

16.5 ppg and 10.5 rpg for a 5'9 guard...come on down!

Are these two half sisters? It seems strange that they are so much shorter than Chiney and Nneke. They also don't have the same facial similarities as the older sisters.

I would put money on Phil Fulmer hiring either Tina Langley or Kellie Jolly Harper. That just feels like what he would do at this point...…………………..at least to me.
I would put money on Phil Fulmer hiring either Tina Langley or Kellie Jolly Harper. That just feels like what he would do at this point...…………………..at least to me.
I think you are right. Basilio says he thinks there would be problems if they try to hire a man by the Old Lady Vol guard. I have no problem with a man being hired. I just want someone who knows bball and can deal with this program.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I agree. Just looking at the two side by side, both would be great choices. BUT when you factor in that Harper played for Summitt, was her PG, and won 3 national championships... It just seems crazy that she wouldn't be offered the job even prior to this tournament run.

I would love it to be Kellie.

But this is not the time for emotion but for logic..........and luck.

Glad that ball is not in my court.

Jeff Walz would be my dream, but I don't see it happening. Brenda Frese would be my 2nd choice, with the requirement that she schedule a tougher OOC slate.

But Harper? I like what I'm seeing on the sidelines this tournament.

Listening to Basilio today. Per his sources: Phillip started making a list over a month ago. Has been reaching out to people in the business. Names those sources believe that may be on his list are Tina Langley (Rice), Kellie Harper, Wes Moore, and his high dollar wish- Jeff Walz. I don't know if he has real sources, or he just reads this board. LOL

Tennessee can’t afford Jeff Walz.

Looking forward to a late breakfast tomorrow. Holly's toast and Fulmer will be wiping some of that egg off his face for giving her an extension last year. Hell, throw in a little humble pie and Lady Vols fans will be feasting tomorrow!

It’s now “tomorrow” and I want my damn feast! Fire her now Fulmer! What in God’s creation are you waiting for!?!

You are delusional of you believe that basketball will ever come close to the popularity of football, even among younger people.

Besides, football is the money machine for UT athletics.

Profits from football during the 2016-17 fiscal year reached $49.6 million, the document shows. Men's basketball profited $5.9 million. Women's basketball operated at a $2.4 million deficit and other sports combined to operate at a $24 million deficit.

Chris Low from espn was on air last night talking about how It’s spring football and absolutely no one is talking about football in Knoxville.

Why? Basketball. The poster was spot on- basketball has equaled popularity of football in Knoxville the past 2 years. Fulmer has also shown incredible interest in boosting all TN sports, not just football. In fact, he put football renovations on hold and moved ahead with massive improvements to baseball facilities. Volleyball for a new training center and a new head coach. Football may still, and will always be the cash cow of the athletic department- but it is no longer the sole focus of attention.

VN Store

Back