QB Bailey wins 5 star challenge MVP ...

Exactly. He was the #2 QB before he committed to us and since he's committed, he's dropped while doing stuff like this. We see it all the time, it's no longer a coincidence unless they start correcting their bs

Truth hurts. Who has lived up to their billing in the last 5 years? Clearly coaching/development has been lacking as most recruits don’t improve much once on campus unless they have an extraordinary work ethic. His rating should take a hit because he committed to us. Let’s let this staff prove they can develop talent.

Reactions: VolForLife83
Truth hurts. Who has lived up to their billing in the last 5 years? Clearly coaching/development has been lacking as most recruits don’t improve much once on campus unless they have an extraordinary work ethic. His rating should take a hit because he committed to us. Let’s let this staff prove they can develop talent.
Like they have their entire careers? Yes...let. 😎

That is absolutely absurd logic... I will mention the obvious, we have had a complete staff turnover in the last 5 years ... while also stating another fact - OC Jim Chaney has nothing left to prove as far as developing QB's - even if you're just counting what he has formerly done at Tennessee. Tyler Bray was a good college QB. But even aside from that, a high school player's evaluation should not be impacted by an opinion over his future coaching staff.

I've often entertained the idea of duct taping a sharpshooter to the hood of my car and arming him with a .22. Giving him instructions to knock out the headlights of high beamers.

Many an early morning drive to work that I wished I'd had one of these.....

tenor.gif

article-2085705-0F6B144A00000578-161_634x445.jpg

That is absolutely absurd logic... I will mention the obvious, we have had a complete staff turnover in the last 5 years ... while also stating another fact - OC Jim Chaney has nothing left to prove as far as developing QB's - even if you're just counting what he has formerly done at Tennessee. Tyler Bray was a good college QB. But even aside from that, a high school player's evaluation should not be impacted by an opinion over his future coaching staff.

Dude... if he ends up only as good as Tyler Bray, then we need another QB recruit. How many East divisions did Tyler lead us to? Right, none... but he did have a fantastic throat slashing move.

The sarcastic point I was making was that the recruiting services were punishing him for deciding to come to UT. Obviously he lacks something mentally according to them.

Personally, I hope he leads us to 4 SEC championships and a couple nattys.

Let’s just hope he signs with us and we chalk up some serious wins while he is here.

Dude... if he ends up only as good as Tyler Bray, then we need another QB recruit. How many East divisions did Tyler lead us to? Right, none... but he did have a fantastic throat slashing move.

The sarcastic point I was making was that the recruiting services were punishing him for deciding to come to UT. Obviously he lacks something mentally according to them.

Let’s just hope he signs with us and we chalk up some serious wins while he is here.
According to the little article attached, he wasn't lacking in any area, even mentality. Saying he's 2 or 3 years ahead of other kids his age speaks to that. They made him sound like the next Peyton Manning

I can’t remember there ever being a more hyped/accomplished 4 star. Definitely would be a 5 star if committed to bama or uga
If he has a great showing at his last event he will bump to a 5 Star most likely. The next class is gonna be top 5 if we somehow managed 8-9 wins this upcoming season. I think the Fulmer curse has been lifted and just maybe everything will go our way for a while with Coach Pruitt and his big time staff!!

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

Yeah... that is exactly what I said, isn't it?

Ca3HtMZW4AAg6Ri.jpg

too bad, Peyton was not even a 1 Star!
Thanks for posting! That's a blast from the past... it's a shame how things worked out for Staley. He had a good freshman season. #20 Ahndre Patterson was committed to us and would have signed but he couldn't get accepted due to grade issues and he never played for Alcorn State either. Incredible number of busts in that list. HS player evaluating has come a long way since then.

Reactions: 37620VOL
That was our guy, who couldn't get in... You have to remember also that Alcorn State had QB Steve McNair at the time (he made the cover of SI that fall). So, it wasn't completely out of left field.

I wonder if he ever thinks if he had just made the grades, he could have caught passes from Air McNair or Peyton... which likely would have been an NFL gold ticket.

Why is his national ranking only 120 on 247sports.com? He has dropped like a rock since November when his national ranking was in the 60's, and I haven't seen any explanation for it. He is obviously, impressing on a national stage right now... but will I be surprised if he drops any further down? Nope. We joke about it a lot... but commitment-perception bias is very real. There is no way that Harrison Bailey would have dropped that much if he was either an Alabama or Georgia commitment. He isn't perceived to be as good, just because he is committed to Tennessee. That has to be it.
"They" hate us.......

According to the little article attached, he wasn't lacking in any area, even mentality. Saying he's 2 or 3 years ahead of other kids his age speaks to that. They made him sound like the next Peyton Manning
Media tends to base their content of a player to fit their hype coming out of HS. For example let’s say you have qb A that’s a 3* and qb B that’s a 4. They participate in the same camp and both miss 5 passes on the day. Qb As article reads “inconsistent, inaccurate” while talking about said 5 passes as a point of emphasis. Qb Bs article reads “Impressive, unreal accuracy” while only talking about the 95 other passes that were caught while no mention of the 5. It’s marketing.

Tyler Bray was great it was our Defense that lost us the games not Bray.

So you believe it was Brays fault we didn’t win an East title? No they don’t see something mental with Bailey. He is committed to us and that means in their eyes he isn’t as good as others think.

VN Store

Back