New commit. Mordecai McDaniel

This guy is already sniffing 4-star status and I think will be by the time signing day comes around. If you take one look at his film, hes a 4-star easy. Kind of like Roman Harrison, severely undervalued by the recruiting services.

You can't be good if you can't play.

So someone like say, Cordarelle Patterson, can considered a hit, despite only 1 year of good play, but Chance Hall was a bust despite a year and a half of good play? Your logic is flawed. Hall was a good player for us for 1.5 years. He doesn't have to be a 4 year starter to be considered a good player.

Yes, that is what I meant. We are on pace to finish about 14-17 in the nation in recruiting. Unless they have 2-3 four stars that are planning on signing.
They are in on a lot more 4 stars than that... I keep waiting for Tyler Baron to pull the trigger, very disappointed that hasn't happened yet. We should finish between 10-13 depending on how we close. Pruitt closed very strong with the last class. Hopefully that becomes a trend.

Last edited:
They are in on a lot more 4 stars than that... I keep waiting for Tyler Baron to pull the trigger, very disappointed that hasn't happened yet. We should finish between 10-13 depending on how we finish. Pruitt closed very strong with the last class. Hopefully that becomes a trend.

Don’t forget Jay Hardy from Chattanooga McCallie.

Yes, that is what I meant. We are on pace to finish about 14-17 in the nation in recruiting. Unless they have 2-3 four stars that are planning on signing.
Decent chance some star rankings can increase by signing day.

So someone like say, Cordarelle Patterson, can considered a hit, despite only 1 year of good play, but Chance Hall was a bust despite a year and a half of good play? Your logic is flawed. Hall was a good player for us for 1.5 years. He doesn't have to be a 4 year starter to be considered a good player.
I would argue his play was only considered "good" because of the comparison to the poor play around him.

Ethan Wolf is in the NFL. So I'd say he is quite good. Tatum is starter worthy on pretty much any college team, as is Palmer.
Ethan Wolf is not really in the NFL yet, and has no statistics created for any game played. Tatum would not start on any SEC line, and not many other P5 lines. He has been utilized out of necessity, but that is primarily due to size and not actual ability. Palmer, I'm on the fence. He's shown flashes, but he hasn't been consistent, though I am perfectly willing to attribute that to poor line and QB play.

Ethan Wolf is not really in the NFL yet, and has no statistics created for any game played. Tatum would not start on any SEC line, and not many other P5 lines. He has been utilized out of necessity, but that is primarily due to size and not actual ability.
The problem with that assertion is that he has played light and his size has been a disadvantage as it is for most of UT's OL's. He was signed at around 260. His last reported weight is 310. If you want to criticize something he does wrong, go for it. But you have no idea whether he would start on another OL or not.

The problem with that assertion is that he has played light and his size has been a disadvantage as it is for most of UT's OL's. He was signed at around 260. His last reported weight is 310. If you want to criticize something he does wrong, go for it. But you have no idea whether he would start on another OL or not.
We have had one of the worst OL in P5 for multiple years, and he cannot start on it unless multiple people are out and there is major necessity. Pretty easy to surmise the rest.

Freshman All American by several outlets. So he certainly was considered "good" to people who's opinion in valued.
Very few freshmen are playing at that position. By playing, due to needs of a poor football team, that award is obtained solely by playing. There's plenty of value in that synopsis.

Ethan Wolf is not really in the NFL yet, and has no statistics created for any game played. Tatum would not start on any SEC line, and not many other P5 lines. He has been utilized out of necessity, but that is primarily due to size and not actual ability. Palmer, I'm on the fence. He's shown flashes, but he hasn't been consistent, though I am perfectly willing to attribute that to poor line and QB play.

Ethan Wolf plays for the Titans and played a few snaps last year. How good of an NFL player he may be is irrelevant. He is an NFL player and the percentage of NCAA athletes that make it to the NFL is very small. The percentage of 3 stars high school players making it the NFL is likely even smaller. Wolf was absolutely a hit, even if his stats weren't great. It isn't his fault he had a terrible coach.

Tatum is solid OL. You really underrate him.

Palmer has been pretty good even with a WR group that has been pretty deep the enire time he's been here.

Very few freshmen are playing at that position. By playing, due to needs of a poor football team, that award is obtained solely by playing. There's plenty of value in that synopsis.

There are plenty of starting freshman OL in the country, and he beat out a few high profile guys that started right away as well. It isn't like there were 4 or 5 guys to choose from.

I suppose next you'll tell me Trey Smith isn't good either?

Well we got 11 four stars last year, guess that’s not good enough for you since you want 12, but it’s whatever, guess you’ll cry again when we sign another 11 this year.
yes, I laid down on the bed and cried into my tennessee recruiting handbook signed by the 247 staff. I was pretty devestated!!

Reactions: DefenseWins
I definitely agree to an extent. And I’ve been extremely disappointed in the current class rating. But where I disagree with you is when it comes to a couple of position groups (linebacker and dback). I think we have to trust that if Pruitt wants the kid he’s going to be an excellent player. The kid has been injured and has an amazing offer list. I think he ends up being a 4 star when it’s all said and done. But we absolutely need Hugh ranked players. And these 2 position groups are the only ones I’ll trust the “diamond in the rough” theory.

So I am guessing once he plays his senior year, he could be a solid 4 star player? I am not doom and gloom and we should be ranked #5 with 3 five star and 12 four stars. Just want so bad to have a really solid backup player. I agree Pruitt with his DB background found Burrell (yes he was 4 star) but he has really challenged those studs at the DB position during fall camp, which most people had wrote Alontae in permanet marker to start games 1-12 barring injury.

Reactions: chattavol420
This guy can be elite... yes elite. All the measurables you would want in a S. With the speed he has good instincts it might take a year or two but by the time this kid leaves he will have made himself some money on his draft day.

We have had one of the worst OL in P5 for multiple years, and he cannot start on it unless multiple people are out and there is major necessity. Pretty easy to surmise the rest.
No. If you have a real criticism then post it. You reading what you want to believe into something... does not make it proof of what you want to believe.

If you don't know what you are talking about... then just stop talking. Tatum was a "project" when signed at 265 lbs. He wasn't expected to start until his RS Jr and Sr trips if at all.

VN Store

Back